Zach Wilson took HUGE strides forward in 2021. The analytics don’t tell the story | Film Breakdown

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Wilson had 224 yards and the run game had 150. Wilson was good that day, but IMO "carry" is a stretch. 

I wouldn’t say carry, either, but MC1 had 55 yards on one carry, the rushing game was pretty pedestrian outside of that. Austin Walker was the bell cow that day with 49 yards on 14 carries. 

• Upvote 1

Amazing how on a Jet forum some positive feedback on the team's QB simply launches into a hatefest of both the content producer and QB.

God forbid someone, that's clearly knowledgeable, showed proof of the teams QB getting better.  For JN fans that's a sign of propaganda and further reason to attack the QB - Anything positive must be destroyed.   Would be comical if it wasn't just sad.

This place is getting close to unbearable. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Let me know when Wilson has a good game facing a defense the caliber of Coastal Carolina or better.  I would like to watch.

Repeating yourself doesn’t make what you say true, no matter how many times you do it. 

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

My sympathies.

Imagination cuts both ways or at least it should 

Just as we can imagine Zach turning into Mahomes 

We can also imagine that the turf monster eats Zach's leg week 1 like Vinny T 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Imagination cuts both ways or at least it should 

Just as we can imagine Zach turning into Mahomes 

We can also imagine that the turf monster eats Zach's leg week 1 like Vinny T 

Bit, I see the arm talent, mobility, etc and see the possibilities. I know he was bad last year but he was way better after the injury, everything seemed to slow down a bit, he was more in his body and I'm hoping that he has settled in a bit. His first year of college ball wasn't great either and the next year things seemed to slow down and I'm hoping with a VASTLY improved offensive team around him he can take that step. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Lol, of course you do. That’s your happy place. At the time of that game, I did not want Zach to start. Keelan Cole and Jeff Smith were his starting receivers, Feeney at center, McDermott at LT, all against the #1 defense in the league, and a Super Bowl contending team needing the win for playoff seeding. It was bleak. He was sacked 8 times for -79 yards, but still managed to lead the team in rushing that day with 24 yards on two carries. The Jets, as a team, had no business even being on the field that day. You feel free to pin it on Zach, though. 

Zach wilson is the highest draft pick since Keyshawn Johnson 

At some point that draft capital and massive signing bonus has to pay off 

Being a franchise qb means making the bums around him better than they are 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Bit, I see the arm talent, mobility, etc and see the possibilities. I know he was bad last year but he was way better after the injury, everything seemed to slow down a bit, he was more in his body and I'm hoping that he has settled in a bit. His first year of college ball wasn't great either and the next year things seemed to slow down and I'm hoping with a VASTLY improved offensive team around him he can take that step. 

Why do you guys continue with this ludicrous narrative that Wilson was better after the injury.  He had one multiple TD game after the injury it was in garbage time facing the Eagles in a blowout loss in which their defense went into preven "let's do nothing and let the clock run out because the coaches are already watching tape for next week" mode

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Dwight Englewood said:

Why do you guys continue with this ludicrous narrative that Wilson was better after the injury.  He had one multiple TD game after the injury it was in garbage time facing the Eagles in a blowout loss in which their defense went into preven "let's do nothing and let the clock run out because the coaches are already watching tape for next week" mode

Wow… this is lazy 

• Upvote 1

Slightly off topic, but prior to Aaron Rodgers, was the ability to make side arm throws considered such a desireable trait in a QB prospect? I don't recall people mentioning it much, but after Rodgers the ability to make "off platform" throws seemed to become one of the biggest traits a QB could have. 

18 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Wilson threw for 230 yards 1 TD and no INTs in a loss.  That's the game you Wilson lovers are using to own everyone?

Weren't you the guy that wanted to draft Sam Howell a year ago? Under your banned account?

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I would like to apologize.  It was just a joke.  I thought we did that here.  I didn't mean to diminish his work, which has been very good as far as I have seen, or a profession in the arts which I have supported through my life.  Though we are from the same neighborhood, we are obviously have not shared the same dinner table, because in my family those that love you are most like to tease you mercilessly, as they teased me.  It's all meant to be good natured.

WTF is this?