Zach Wilson took HUGE strides forward in 2021. The analytics don’t tell the story | Film Breakdown

On 5/13/2022 at 9:35 AM, bitonti said:

Honest answer? I wouldn't have drafted a qb until the team can support him. 

But since he's here, Qb 1 should be a competition. Like every other position. 

If ZW is terrible, Mike white should play. If the situation is too sh*t, Mike white should play. Not just keep giving the kid unearned reps and hoping he improves. Did Zach improve by getting reamed by Buffalo? I guess we will see 

Did you see no improvement from Wilson in the second half of last year?   Are you saying that you’d draft a guy at 2 because of exceptional physical attributes that needs coaching and experience, and sit him for a career back up with far less upside in year 2?   

Interesting take.

On 5/11/2022 at 1:05 PM, Dwight Englewood said:

Wilson has yet to even throw for 300 or more yards in a game.  You guys look silly acting like he had even an average rookie year

Wilson's BEST game as a pro he still couldn't crack a 100 QBR. In the 27-24 win against the Titans he was 21-34 297 2 TDs 1 INT.  Look, I watched every game last season and I saw a rookie QB who had the worst OL protection that I've ever seen from 50 years of Jets football. I saw the most devastated team as far as injuries go since maybe forever. I watched the officials continue to call the games skewed toward the Jets opponents, week after week, and I saw a roster only slightly better than that of the 2018 4-12 season team during Todd Bowles' last year (a team which I thought THEN could have been the worst ever).

Maybe we give Zach Wilson a Mulligan for what he had to deal with as far as lack of talent and injuries galore, but if 2022 starts out again winless in September and the kid is still playing like a rookie I hope the Jets give the ball over to either back-up QB because with the division and the schedule we are dealing with every game is as critical in September-October as they will be during weeks 15,16,17, and 18

11 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Did Lawrence have a functional head coach and offensive coordinator last season?

Excuses are okay for one guy, but not the other?  They both didn't look very good, but there is reason for optimism for both as well.

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Wilson's BEST game as a pro he still couldn't crack a 100 QBR. In the 27-24 win against the Titans he was 21-34 297 2 TDs 1 INT.  Look, I watched every game last season and I saw a rookie QB who had the worst OL protection that I've ever seen from 50 years of Jets football. I saw the most devastated team as far as injuries go since maybe forever. I watched the officials continue to call the games skewed toward the Jets opponents, week after week, and I saw a roster only slightly better than that of the 2018 4-12 season team during Todd Bowles' last year (a team which I thought THEN could have been the worst ever).

In a game where he didn’t have Elijah Moore and his running game did absolutely nothing (66 yards in 25 attempts). People are free to tear him down or prop up Noodle Arm II, it doesn’t matter. It’s up to Zach to show out. It looks like Douglas has surrounded him with quality depth at all the skill positions this year, hopefully removing the entirely valid excuse that he had nothing to throw to at the end of last year. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

In a game where he didn’t have Elijah Moore and his running game did absolutely nothing (66 yards in 25 attempts). People are free to tear him down or prop up Noodle Arm II, it doesn’t matter. It’s up to Zach to show out. It looks like Douglas has surrounded him with quality depth at all the skill positions this year, hopefully removing the entirely valid excuse that he had nothing to throw to at the end of last year. 

slats, I'm a Jets fan, I haven't been a "Jets player" fan since I was a little kid and Joe Namath was my hero. Hell when Joe would get hurt, and those were devastating injuries to his knees back in the early 70'swhen that would happen, and it happened a LOT I would become the biggest Al Woodall fan .

I WANT to be wrong about Zach Wilson bro, I WANT him to turn out to be the franchise player for the next decade but if he starts out playing the same type of ball he played last year, never staying in the pocket, rolling out to his right all the time and taking big chances and the Jets fall behind 4 games a month into the season, I want him out of there and either Flacco or Mike white behind the center

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Cute :)  Glad to see you back around. Don't take the season too seriously.

With all the sh!t going on with this world these days I NEED a diversion, I hope the 2022 Jets can be just that. I'm running out of "Wait'll next years" 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

slats, I'm a Jets fan, I haven't been a "Jets player" fan since I was a little kid and Joe Namath was my hero. Hell when Joe would get hurt, and those were devastating injuries to his knees back in the early 70'swhen that would happen, and it happened a LOT I would become the biggest Al Woodall fan .

I WANT to be wrong about Zach Wilson bro, I WANT him to turn out to be the franchise player for the next decade but if he starts out playing the same type of ball he played last year, never staying in the pocket, rolling out to his right all the time and taking big chances and the Jets fall behind 4 games a month into the season, I want him out of there and either Flacco or Mike white behind the center

OMG that is idiotic. On so many levels. Whatever.

9 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

If his stats resemble those Id bet we have atleast 10 wins

If Zach throws for 3,800, 33 TD and 7 INT, I think 10 wins would be a very reasonable expectation, presuming the D isn't all-time levels of bad again (which it shouldn't be).

Do we believe Zach Wilson is going to do that, honestly?

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

If Zach throws for 3,800, 33 TD and 7 INT, I think 10 wins would be a very reasonable expectation, presuming the D isn't all-time levels of bad again (which it shouldn't be).

Do we believe Zach Wilson is going to do that, honestly?

I could see 28 TDs and 10 INTs and Id be OK with that too.