2022 Jets Sack Predictions

Carl Lawson, Jermaine Johnson, Vinny Curry, Bryce Huff, Jacob Martin and Michael Clemons would seem to be the Jets top 6 DEs. Amazingly only Huff played games for the Jets in 2021. So, it is 5 new DEs. That is an astonishing change. I cannot remember the Jets ever being this deep at DE/Edge. They've had more talent at the top before in Klecko/Gastineau and Abraham/Ellis, but this group has the potential to wreak havoc by consistently throwing fresh bodies at the O. I foresee a lot of hurry up O against the Jets D to limit substitutions. Plus, teams will have to pick their poison when deciding how to block because Q and JFM will demand a double team on at least one of them.

The Jets had 33 sacks last season with 12 coming from Q and JFM, I foresee a 50+ Sack season in 2022. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Only three teams had 50+ sacks last year, so that's a pretty high bar. The top 14 teams had 40 and that's a pretty nice bar. Mostly playoff teams too, need the other team to be throwing the ball to sack the quarterback and that happens more when you've got a lead or the game is competitive.

I don't know if the Jets have one guy who puts up crazy numbers, especially with the rotation and all the bodies, but I think they have more guys who have a decent chunk of sacks than last year.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, derp said:

The top 14 teams had 40 and that's a pretty nice bar. Mostly playoff teams too, need the other team to be throwing the ball to sack the quarterback and that happens more when you've got a lead or the game is competitive.

Wow.... the fact that the Jets had 33 is somewhat impressive since teams were ahead late in the game and could afford to run the clock running the ball and we were terrible at stopping the ru. 50 isn't that far out of the realm of possibility.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

57 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Carl Lawson, Jermaine Johnson, Vinny Curry, Bryce Huff, Jacob Martin and Michael Clemons would seem to be the Jets top 6 DEs. Amazingly only Huff played games for the Jets in 2021. So, it is 5 new DEs. That is an astonishing change. I cannot remember the Jets ever being this deep at DE/Edge. They've had more talent at the top before in Klecko/Gastineau and Abraham/Ellis, but this group has the potential to wreak havoc by consistently throwing fresh bodies at the O. I foresee a lot of hurry up O against the Jets D to limit substitutions. Plus, teams will have to pick their poison when deciding how to block because Q and JFM will demand a double team on at least one of them.

The Jets had 33 sacks last season with 12 coming from Q and JFM, I foresee a 50+ Sack season in 2022. 

All these draft picks + FA signings just to replace Jamal's production...

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

My prediction is Michael Clemons will outproduce JJ by a substantial margin in year 1.

But, but, but, that would mean we wasted draft picks in trading up.......?

Will Michael Carter out-rush Hall?

Will Mike White out-play....

Well, you get my point.

6 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Hopefully our even more revamped secondary will lead to an increase in ints and sacks.

Now if only we could stop the run…

Saleh should invite Rex Ryan to Florham Park to pick his brain as to run defense. Rex always said he knows how to stop the run, and he did.  As an aside, I found it odd that Rex favored a run-heavy O when he was so adamant that he could so easily stop other teams from running.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

So essentially JD drafted backwards. 

Nope.  He drafted smart.  You dont take a kid in the 1st round when you can get him in the 4th.  JJ is going to be great for us.  But Clemens is already 25 years old and I think he is going to have an easier transition to the nfl.

Only negative Jets fans would take my comment as a negative.  My goodness.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, KRL said:

With the amount of pass rushers we brought in its fair to expect at least 3 sacks a game.

So that would be a minimum of 51

With Sauce and DJ Reed and Echols as our starting 3....... I could see an avg. of 3/game IF teams are facing 3rd and long often.

Scratch Curry, he won't be making the team. I think they get 43(+-5) total. Edited for the fact that there is actually 17 games now. Also, keep in mind that the team will be trying to control the clock with a stout run game; which hopefully cuts down on the opportunities our guys have to rack up the sack numbers.

• Upvote 1