Carl Lawson's media coverage

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Po-tent-shial!

2a99fef7e5f953b9de4c80ce54e55a92aa0aa1b6

Form the Latin- Potentia

The first records of the word potent come from around the 1300s. It ultimately derives from the Latin potentia, meaning “power.” The word potential comes from the same root. Potent is perhaps most commonly used in a medical context, in which it's used to describe something that can have a strong effect on the body.

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Is Lawson's injury 100% recovered?   Anyone know the success rate of coming back from a ruptured Achilles at his position?  Seems like the stress he'd put on it would cause re-injury.

Out of 5 seasons that he's been in the league, he's only played a full season twice.

Don't expect much from him at this point.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

Out of 5 seasons that he's been in the league, he's only played a full season twice.

Don't expect much from him at this point.

I was so pumped for him coming to the team last year.  Now?   Honestly, I'm a bit worried.  Again, do you ever recover fully from a ruptured Achilles?  That seems like a crazy injury.  I have no idea.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I was so pumped for him coming to the team last year.  Now?   Honestly, I'm a bit worried.  Again, do you ever recover fully from a ruptured Achilles?  That seems like a crazy injury.  I have no idea.

Suggs tore his Achilles twice. The first in 2012. He played for like 9 years after that . There’s a few other edges with these types of injuries and it’s different for everyone 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Suggs tore his Achilles twice. The first in 2012. He played for like 9 years after that . There’s a few other edges with these types of injuries and it’s different for everyone 

Thanks very much for the response and information, BD.    I pray Lawson has a Suggs type year/rest of career.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Carl Lawson had an ACL at Auburn, the other ACL in Cinci and now the Achillies. 

He's coming back but after three major leg injuries it's fair to wonder if he'll be the same player. It's also fair to wonder if he can be relied upon for 17 games, hence the two rookie edge picks of Maine and the Cyborg  

Wow the cyborg is such a good nickname for him 

• Upvote 4

On 5/11/2022 at 2:00 PM, Bronx said:

Cimini the 'genius at 3:17

Screenshot_20220502-142505_Chrome.thumb.jpg.faa42fda7e44108f726396fdc41d0612.jpg

The question before that was the dumbest of all:

“How eager are you to get back?”

I mean, seriously. Unless you’re a teacher testing someone’s knowledge - or a fluff question for PR purposes - the purpose of asking a question is to hear an answer you didn’t already know would follow.

Like was there even a 1 in 100 million chance he’d say anything like, “Well really I’m not really very eager to be back.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I mean, seriously. Unless you’re a teacher testing someone’s knowledge - or a fluff question for PR purposes - the purpose of asking a question is to hear an answer you didn’t already know would follow.

Like was there even a 1 in 100 million chance he’d say anything like, “Well really I’m not really very eager to be back.”

They gotta fill out their articles somehow. The only press conferences that make sense are the ones right after a game and the day after. And then injury updates for the game from the HC. Otherwise wtf are we talking about? It's fluff in between.

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2022 at 2:11 PM, munchmemory said:

Is Lawson's injury 100% recovered?   Anyone know the success rate of coming back from a ruptured Achilles at his position?  Seems like the stress he'd put on it would cause re-injury.

I heard on NFL radio he is not yet, but should be by training camp.

Could also be his last year on the team if he doesn’t perform, he becomes a cap savings cut option in 2023.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I heard on NFL radio he is not yet, but should be by training camp.

Could also be his last year on the team if he doesn’t perform, he becomes a cap savings cut option in 2023.

Yeah lots of pass rush options available next draft again. Plus if JJ hits a stride we could use the cap elsewhere if Lawson can't return to his pre injury self. Another good contract by JD.

What I like about these video answers is how Carl used his time away from PLAYING the game of football physically to playing it mentally. It reminds me of how they teach young golfers to watch the swings of the world's best so they have it already programmed in their mind's eye as to how it's supposed to look.  Munch like me is wondering what we can expect from Lawson, all I know mm is if we can see even 75% of what we saw from him last summer, he automatically makes the Jets a better team. It sure would be a welcome change to see a sack on 3rd and 23 instead of a 25 yard gain like we have been seeing happen over the past decade here.

I like this kid.  He would be great to talk football with.  I like his enthusiasm.

Been lucky.  Son played Div I ball and got to have beers with he and Luck.

Day before yesterday had a few beers with one of LDT's former teammates.  Found out LDT is a licensed MD!

I am so excited for him to be able to play in this D!

On 5/13/2022 at 8:59 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

These are always good after heartbreaking losses also …” how frustrated are you “? 

• Haha 1