Christopher Johnson’s NFL Legacy

CJ is fascinating guy in the sense that he was out of the public spotlight his entire life prior to taking over for Woody on an interim basis. It was a great opportunity for him to “one up” his brother on the public stage. 

Although CJ ultimately did hire Saleh and JD unfortunately I think his legacy will largely be tied to the failure that was Adam Gase. The infamous phone call he took from Peyton Manning before hiring Gase really cements that notion. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

CJ is fascinating guy in the sense that he was out of the public spotlight his entire life prior to taking over for Woody on an interim basis. It was a great opportunity for him to “one up” his brother on the public stage. 

Although CJ ultimately did hire Saleh and JD unfortunately I think his legacy will largely be tied to the failure that was Adam Gase. The infamous phone call he took from Peyton Manning before hiring Gase really cements that notion. 

Please, he may be the most inept person ever put in charge of any business.  He couldn't run a delicatessen.

Look at his wiki page. It contains NOTHING.  He set this team back a decade. Woody is really to blame.  

If I took a sabbatical, I am not leaving my business to a family member simply because they are family.

It shows a LOT about how Woody thinks and Chris is just, well, not very smart or experienced.

I am almost embarrassed for him watching him talk to the draft picks on the phone.  After JD, Saleh & Woody are through they're basically ready to hang up and then they catch CJ out of the corner of their eye and are like "wait, wait.........there's one more person who wants to say something".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

I would have fired him on the spot.  What a freak

I really wonder what CJ and Macc were thinking of Gase during the interview process and during this press conference. And I wonder what CJ thought after reading the fan reaction of this press conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

CJ hired Joe Douglas.  When its all said and done, CJ will be up there w/ Namath for that alone.

And CJ is still heavily involved in all the positive things that are going on now.

Yes, CJ got off to a rough start when he was new on the job.  Give the guy a break.

Things are so positive jet fans are scraping the bottom of the barrel coming here to rip Chris Johnson.  Its pathetic.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think the younger brother of the owner of a third tier NFL team really has an "NFL legacy."
And I've thought about this...sadly, I don't think he even cares...most likely disconnected from what most of us consider the real world...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

CJ hired Joe Douglas.  When its all said and done, CJ will be up there w/ Namath for that alone.

And CJ is still heavily involved in all the positive things that are going on now.

Yes, CJ got off to a rough start when he was new on the job.  Give the guy a break.

Things are so positive jet fans are scraping the bottom of the barrel coming here to rip Chris Johnson.  Its pathetic.

Woody is the top, Chris is the bottom. Nothing gets finalized without the alpha's approval.