Ravens @ Jets week 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

They had a losing record because the league MVP from a couple of years ago got hurt

They had a 3-3 record on the road ( 2 nail biter wins) before his injury.  This is not an impossible game. Especially with an offense that is arguably worse 

• Upvote 3

I don’t get the complaints. Every week is gonna be tough for the Jets. Non division opponent, not one of the AFC powerhouses. About as low key as you could hope for. I like it. Not the best matchup for our defense, but it could’ve been the Pats on SNF worse. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, slats said:

I don’t get the complaints. Every week is gonna be tough for the Jets. Non division opponent, not one of the AFC powerhouses. About as low key as you could hope for. I like it. Not the best matchup for our defense, but it could’ve been the Pats on SNF worse. 

I agree. How about playing smart football, not turning it over 4x, converting 3rd and 1 and executing screen passes.  Keep it close and exciting.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Jags vs Jets is a prime time game? Someone at the NFL has a huge drug problem. I hope they get the help they need. 

Embarrassing

Only 1 prime time game and it's that?

Late in the year tankathon matchup? 

That game is getting flexed out for sure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

You could be right.  It just seems like such an odd game to schedule that late in the season between two teams who just Drafted in the Top 4.

it's actually a perfect game.  each team needs to be on prime time once.   if you have the Jets and Jags on separate nights, you screw two prime time games.  when they play each other it's just one game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We have one primetime game, but the horrible-ass Bears are rumored to have three. THREE. Fields>>>>Zach

Nothing to do with Zach or Fields, imo.  Its the Chicago market v NY market.  We have two teams in NY.  Assume the Giants get two primetime games, that is 3 for the NY market.  Bears being only team in Chicago market get 3 themselves.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Lith said:

Nothing to do with Zach or Fields, imo.  Its the Chicago market v NY market.  We have two teams in NY.  Assume the Giants get two primetime games, that is 3 for the NY market.  Bears being only team in Chicago market get 3 themselves.

I don’t think Fields is better than Zach as yet. I was making the (typically lame) joke that Fields has more curb appeal right now. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

it's actually a perfect game.  each team needs to be on prime time once.   if you have the Jets and Jags on separate nights, you screw two prime time games.  when they play each other it's just one game.

Perfect plan!  Totally screw the nation on one night instead of half screwing everyone two different times!  You must still be managing hedge funds my friend! ?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach vs Marcus Peters, Marcus Williams, Marlon Humphrey, and Kyle Hamilton could be messy as ****. Rough way to start the season for a QB who’s going to have all eyes on him. 

Probably a defense you’d rather get week one than week eighteen with a bunch of new guys in the secondary.

I’m especially not so sure Hamilton comes out the gates hot, particularly against an offense that has a bunch of smaller faster guys. Still don’t really get how he translates.

Don’t think the Jets defense matches up well with what Baltimore does on offense though. I wonder if they put Gardner on Andrews.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Probably a defense you’d rather get week one than week eighteen with a bunch of new guys in the secondary.

I’m especially not so sure Hamilton comes out the gates hot, particularly against an offense that has a bunch of smaller faster guys. Still don’t really get how he translates.

Don’t think the Jets defense matches up well with what Baltimore does on offense though. I wonder if they put Gardner on Andrews.

Just the idea of those long, cagey DBs with good ball production going up against this offense that wants to throw it horizontally, with Wilson knowing he has to show out this year, and early.