Ravens @ Jets week 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach vs Marcus Peters, Marcus Williams, Marlon Humphrey, and Kyle Hamilton could be messy as ****. Rough way to start the season for a QB who’s going to have all eyes on him. 

You are wrong little mister.

It's summer Breece against the world and the world doesn't stand a chance!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just the idea of those long, cagey DBs with good ball production going up against this offense that wants to throw it horizontally, with Wilson knowing he has to show out this year, and early. 

I think this offense wants to run, run, run honestly. That and lots of easy throws. It's why Mike White executed it well. The Breece Hall selection just furthers that belief.

Eventually they want to be able to win passing the ball, but I think that's going to take time to develop unless you luck into a Pro Bowl level QB and WR like the Bengals. Having a really good run game afford them that time.

They've invested a lot in wide receivers, but they also started at probably the worst WR group in the NFL when Douglas was hired and at this point having WR's who can separate from man coverage is basically as much of a prerequisite for having a functional NFL offense as anything else. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I’m just very happy Linda Baum has taken hold as the nickname.

If I ever meet him I plan to call him that right to his bitch face.

Then in case he tries to take a cheap shot at me I’ll just stand 31.25” away and will be totally safe. 

That nickname is my proudest achievement on JetNation!  (ahead of Daphne Zuniga)

LMAO about standing 31.25" away.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

A team with no WRs, though

I agree, but that's why it's kind of a bad matchup for our defense. The one thing we've done is stockpile pass rushers and CBs. This is a team that doesn't really have any WRs that wants to run the ball and has the most athletic rushing QB of the last fifteen years.

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

We beat Tennessee and Cincy last year at home.  

I know. I have to outwardly project negativity as a superstition. It’s my good luck charm strategy (used it for that Tennessee game actually) 

Im doing this for all of us lol 

• Haha 1

So far the Jets Schedule looks like this

Week 1     VS Baltimore
Week 2     AT Cleveland
Week 3     VS Cincinatti
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6     AT Green Bay
Week 7
Week 8     VS New England
Week 9     VS Buffalo
Week 10 
Week 11
Week 12   VS Chicago
Week 13   AT Minnesota
Week 14   AT Buffalo
Week 15   VS Detroit
Week 16   VS Jacksonville
Week 17
Week 18   VS Miami

At least Salad has plenty of time to prepare the defense for Lamar Jackson and our legs should be fresh and we got a decent box safety now to help contain LJ. My question is which QB is gonna run the scout team that week - hopefully not Joe Flacco. 

Ya know what would be good, is if Jets had a DK Metcalf. I think at that point the roster would have so much diversity and speed/talent that it would actually be undeniably respect given. I think Corey Davis is good but doesn’t scare anyone and all the other Weapons are so young and unproven. Would love to get a big weapon like him next offseason.  

• Upvote 2

Don't wanna start a new thread so I'll just plop this here:

Heard on radio (I have NOT checked this) the NY Jets have the 3rd easiest sch to close out the season (last 4 games). Our last 4 opponents only had a combined 40% win rate last season (the 2 teams with the easiest face teams that had a 38% and 39% win rate).

Sooo...if we can keep it close, we have a chance to win some games late and grab the last WC spot!

• Upvote 1

I think it’s a tough opponent for game 1 and a probable L. You’d want Zach to maybe have an easier time in game one so the team can build its confidence. On ESPN yesterday one of their analysts predicted the Jets win against the Ravens and have an 8-9 season. I kind of agree with the 8-9 but not game one.

This game is going to be a smash mouth football. Both teams will try to run the ball and someone will need to spy on Jackson but not sure who that can be. Pass rushers will need to stay in their lanes and protect edge to have a chance. If we win will do a lot for team confidence.

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nothing like having a Dolphins fan as our beat reporter showing joy over how happy he is to see our brutal schedule. It’s like he can’t wait to write how we got slaughtered, while his team as always has a cake schedule. F this clown.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Don't wanna start a new thread so I'll just plop this here:

Heard on radio (I have NOT checked this) the NY Jets have the 3rd easiest sch to close out the season (last 4 games). Our last 4 opponents only had a combined 40% win rate last season (the 2 teams with the easiest face teams that had a 38% and 39% win rate).

Sooo...if we can keep it close, we have a chance to win some games late and grab the last WC spot!

It’s going to be awesome watching all of the clowns who dismissed Gase closing out the 2019 season going 6-2 turn around and slurp Saleh for “rallying the troops” to end this season at 5-12 after a “rough start.”

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s going to be awesome watching all of the clowns who dismissed Gase closing out the 2019 season going 6-2 turn around and slurp Saleh for “rallying the troops” to end this season at 5-12 after a “rough start.”

Problem with Gase's 6-2 is he followed it up with an 0-13 start to the next season.  6-2 was a nice run, not easy to win 6 of 8 in the league, but it meant nothing after the way we opened 2020.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Ravens in week 1?  Bring it on mf's. 

I still have a bad taste in my mouth over the 10-9 loss in the MetLife opener against them in 2010.  The Jets new stadium was filled with Ravens fans.  They were everywhere.  I was  in section 135 then (20 yard line). Hundreds of loud, obnoxious Ravens fans.  Some Ravens guy in the next section had one of those loud airhorns too.  

We must fill the stadium with Jets fans.  Ravens fans travel about as well as Steeler fans.  Seats must be filled by Jets fans please!  I'm all for changing the JN meet up to game one in what will be sure to be a brutal battle on the field and in the stands.  :)

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

what a bunch a pussies in this thread. 

We're gonna spank the ravens.... too long have they sauntered into metlife like a cafeteria - plate extended to be served a W... Not happening happening this time. I'm gonna fly my ass all way from the other side of the continent - to witness. Salivating the whole way. 

Oh, boy.  After missing the playoffs last year with two boneheaded 4th down calls and Lamar's injury, Harbaugh is going to make a point.  Honestly, this one has the potential to be a brutal loss in front of the home fans.

Amazing how radically the front office and coaching staff has changed in terms of inspirational hires

Idzik and Macc;  late Rex, Bowles and Gase

vs

Fat Joe and “leader of men” Saleh

Yet despite this and the roster transformation, the projected Vegas win total still trashy at 5.5

And record still abysmal at 4-13

the public perception may change in some ways, but the results have always been the same until….this season?

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

what a bunch a pussies in this thread. 

We're gonna spank the ravens.... too long have they sauntered into metlife like a cafeteria - plate extended to be served a W... Not happening happening this time. I'm gonna fly my ass all way from the other side of the continent - to witness. Salivating the whole way. 

Yup.  Everything about this organization has changed except for the fans.  They are still a bunch of chicken littles.

Its ok Jet fans!!!!!!!!  Nestle yourself in the bosom of Joe.  You are safe and will not be hurt anymore.

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Oh, boy.  After missing the playoffs last year with two boneheaded 4th down calls and Lamar's injury, Harbaugh is going to make a point.  Honestly, this one has the potential to be a brutal loss in front of the home fans.

Try as they might, our team is just better.