Jump to content

Ravens @ Jets week 1


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

OMG!  What ever will we do?  Forced to play an 8-9 team on opening day!  They lost their last six and fired the DC.  It's not even fair that we have to play such a powerhouse!

How unfair that the league wouldn't schedule us against one of the 3 teams we were better than last year.  BRUTAL

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

ok-36.gif

take your K-pop elswhere.

 

There's legit reason to expect to win... besides having a better roster at the moment, its a home game that will be JACKED -- and the team is going to expect to win... we haven't had a lockerroom that had confidence in over a decade. Don't underestimate what a team who expects to win can do on the field. 

Lawson, Sauce, Clemons, Mosley.... new culture baby

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Lith said:

Only if you can run a 40 in less than 5.04.  Otherwise he is likely to catch you pretty quick.

I'm pretty confident I can still run a 40 in under 5 seconds. The bigger problem is these days my old ass would be on the ground sucking wind for 10 minutes after sprinting for that distance. So he'd still catch up unless he literally gave up pursuit, as though after 40 yards there's a wall that I could magically run through but he can't, like some real-life roadrunner/coyote scene.

So I'd be ok for 40.9 yards (40 yards + 32.25"), so long as he stopped there, and also if Mrs. Sperm was at the finish line with an oxygen mask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Paradis said:

take your K-pop elswhere.

 

There's legit reason to expect to win... besides having a better roster at the moment, its a home game that will be JACKED -- and the team is going to expect to win... we haven't had a lockerroom that had confidence in over a decade. Don't underestimate what a team who expects to win can do on the field. 

Lawson, Sauce, Clemons, Mosley.... new culture baby

I love the roster....at 52 spots on the field.  QB is the obvious concern for me.  But you're right that this team shouldn't be afraid of the Ravens.  Even if Zach might be.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So which Ravens WR is going to defeat the Jets secondary?  Duvernay?  Mr. straight line only?  I think that can be handled.  The Ravens have two legit threats: Lamar Jackson on the ground and Jackson-to-Andrews through the air and in the red zone. That's all they got.  Jackson isn't so great as a passer plus the WRs there are nothing to crow about without Brown. 

And their running backs are all coming off various serious/bad injuries (Gus, Dobbins)... they went out and signed Mike Davis cause their main guys won't be ready for camp. Otherwise a late draft pick at RB for them.  Nothing to shiver about there except for Lamar Jackson juking CJ Mosley on some plays.  

I agree with @Paradis.  

It's time to put an end to this Ravens horsesh*t at MetLife. Sick of it.  You all should be.  Jets have more talent at WR, RB. They have a running QB freak who can hit his TE at will. Bring it.  

And stop posting like a bunch of pusssees

Its time for fans to take on the attitude of their coach.  Do you think that bald beast is going to be shakin in his boots that the Ravens are coming to town?  Get out of here.  Hes ready to rip their throats out.

Coach Saleh is ready, I am ready and jet fans are ready.  Take off your panties and lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So which Ravens WR is going to defeat the Jets secondary?  Duvernay?  Mr. straight line only?  I think that can be handled.  The Ravens have two legit threats: Lamar Jackson on the ground and Jackson-to-Andrews through the air and in the red zone. That's all they got.  Jackson isn't so great as a passer plus the WRs there are nothing to crow about without Brown. 

And their running backs are all coming off various serious/bad injuries (Gus, Dobbins)... they went out and signed Mike Davis cause their main guys won't be ready for camp. Otherwise a late draft pick at RB for them.  Nothing to shiver about there except for Lamar Jackson juking CJ Mosley on some plays.  

I agree with @Paradis.  

It's time to put an end to this Ravens horsesh*t at MetLife. Sick of it.  You all should be.  Jets have more talent at WR, RB. They have a running QB freak who can hit his TE at will. Bring it.  

And stop posting like a bunch of pusssees

You have more detail than I can even imagine.  I hope you're right.  But don't think we win this game.  Again, I think Harbaugh will be looking to stomp people this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So which Ravens WR is going to defeat the Jets secondary?  Duvernay?  Mr. straight line only?  I think that can be handled.  The Ravens have two legit threats: Lamar Jackson on the ground and Jackson-to-Andrews through the air and in the red zone. That's all they got.  Jackson isn't so great as a passer plus the WRs there are nothing to crow about without Brown. 

And their running backs are all coming off various serious/bad injuries (Gus, Dobbins)... they went out and signed Mike Davis cause their main guys won't be ready for camp. Otherwise a late draft pick at RB for them.  Nothing to shiver about there except for Lamar Jackson juking CJ Mosley on some plays.  

I agree with @Paradis.  

It's time to put an end to this Ravens horsesh*t at MetLife. Sick of it.  You all should be.  Jets have more talent at WR, RB. They have a running QB freak who can hit his TE at will. Bring it.  

And stop posting like a bunch of pusssees

Yeah I'm ******* pumped now 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Nothing like having a Dolphins fan as our beat reporter showing joy over how happy he is to see our brutal schedule. It’s like he can’t wait to write how we got slaughtered, while his team as always has a cake schedule. F this clown.

We don't have a brutal schedule - stop hyperbolizing. It's a middle of the road schedule completely based on how teams played last year, even though the Jets and most of the others will be different teams with different players hurt and playing. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s going to be awesome watching all of the clowns who dismissed Gase closing out the 2019 season going 6-2 turn around and slurp Saleh for “rallying the troops” to end this season at 5-12 after a “rough start.”

5.5 - 11.5

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You have more detail than I can even imagine.  I hope you're right.  But don't think we win this game.  Again, I think Harbaugh will be looking to stomp people this season. 

He's always looking to do that.  No change there.  They are overrated.  Jackson/Andrews + not much else, unless you're a Bateman believer.  But that Jackson/Andrews combined with a pretty nasty defense can beat any team. Saleh needs to stand up to that and defeat it.   I expect it.  I can live with disappointment. But I certainly will not live in fear of the Ravens for the next 3+ months.  That seems to be the norm around here.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

We don't have a brutal schedule - stop hyperbolizing. It's a middle of the road schedule completely based on how teams played last year, even though the Jets and most of the others will be different teams with different players hurt and playing. 

57328766.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s going to be awesome watching all of the clowns who dismissed Gase closing out the 2019 season going 6-2 turn around and slurp Saleh for “rallying the troops” to end this season at 5-12 after a “rough start.”

You gotta let Adam go, fam

 

he was never going to work out here. 

 

Saleh sucking has nothing to do with Gase sucking. 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s going to be awesome watching all of the clowns who dismissed Gase closing out the 2019 season going 6-2 turn around and slurp Saleh for “rallying the troops” to end this season at 5-12 after a “rough start.”

Are you even a Jets fan? Kinda weird to see someone spend so much time on a Jets message board and seemingly dislike the team so much 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

We don't have a brutal schedule - stop hyperbolizing. It's a middle of the road schedule completely based on how teams played last year, even though the Jets and most of the others will be different teams with different players hurt and playing. 

Ok how is that exaggerating? Before the Bye we have the Dolphins who swept us the past several years, then on the road at GB, Denver, then home against NE and Buffalo. Then after the Bye at NE. Every year teams have injuries you can’t predict strength or weakness from the unknown. 
 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ok how is that exaggerating? Before the Bye we have the Dolphins who swept us the past several years, then on the road at GB, Denver, then home against NE and Buffalo. Then after the Bye at NE. Every year teams have injuries you can’t predict strength or weakness from the unknown. 
 


 

Bills are tough - New England is not a talented team, Dolphins have a new coach and are middle of the road talent wise (because of QB). Denver is beatable - Russell Wilson was not playing that well even before he got hurt last year. Green Bay is solid but are much weaker without Davante Adams - you can't take a guy like that off of your team and not replace him without it really hurting. Just because teams beat us last year means nothing - first year coach, rookie QB, new system, new coordinators, ton of injuries and we still beat the Bengals, Titans, and outplayed Tampa for most of the game. Point being, it is a fine line between being good and not good - staying healthy is right at the top of the list to be a good team. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Bills are tough - New England is not a talented team, Dolphins have a new coach and are middle of the road talent wise (because of QB). Denver is beatable - Russell Wilson was not playing that well even before he got hurt last year. Green Bay is solid but are much weaker without Davante Adams - you can't take a guy like that off of your team and not replace him without it really hurting. Just because teams beat us last year means nothing - first year coach, rookie QB, new system, new coordinators, ton of injuries and we still beat the Bengals, Titans, and outplayed Tampa for most of the game. Point being, it is a fine line between being good and not good - staying healthy is right at the top of the list to be a good team. 

If we go into the season relatively healthy I am very optimistic. I   appreciate your take on our opponents and the schedule head. Your take is spot on and can’t argue, excellent points. I need to see it gel from this team, which if healthy,  I feel it’s a realistic possibility. 
I just need to see it from the CS staff on down before I can talk competitiveness. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

If we go into the season relatively healthy I am very optimistic. I   appreciate your take on our opponents and the schedule head. Your take is spot on and can’t argue, excellent points. I need to see it gel from this team, which if healthy,  I feel it’s a realistic possibility. 
I just need to see it from the CS staff on down before I can talk competitiveness. 

I, too, would like to see more in regards to this Coaching Staff staff.  Is that anything like Mike Westhoff’s cane?  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

OMG!  What ever will we do?  Forced to play an 8-9 team on opening day!  They lost their last six and fired the DC.  It's not even fair that we have to play such a powerhouse!

They were 8-9 because Lamar was out.

They we’re 8-4 when Lamar got hurt.

Small difference there.

And kinda takes the sting out of that sarcasm wasp you had flying there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

We don't have a brutal schedule

Yes we do.

6 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

 It's a middle of the road schedule completely based on how teams played last year, even though the Jets and most of the others will be different teams with different players hurt and playing. 

The overall smattering of teams we are facing is average for a schedule.

But the PLACEMENT of the teams is what is brutal.

Instead of the better teams being spread out, they’re all in a row. 

One after another after another after another. 8 straight weeks of difficult teams without much of any break.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I, too, would like to see more in regards to this Coaching Staff staff.  Is that anything like Mike Westhoff’s cane?  

An old cane is is not on the agenda for my viewing pleasure., it supports a limp. I already have enough problems

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Facts said:

Yes we do.

The overall smattering of teams we are facing is average for a schedule.

But the PLACEMENT of the teams is what is brutal.

Instead of the better teams being spread out, they’re all in a row. 

One after another after another after another. 8 straight weeks of difficult teams without much of any break.

 

People are making way too much of this.  We truly have a pussified fan base.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Their WR room doesn’t have that deep threat now that Hollywood is gone and Bateman is now their #1. Meh!
 

The Ravens OL has taken a step back in the last 2 years. Staley coming off an injury, Skura, Bozeman and Brown gone. Short armed rookie Linderman at Center ( OK Q, time to step up with JFM and Rankins & dominate)

Dobbins and Edwards coming back from injury. 
Defense has improved with Hamilton and T. Jones as depth  LB corp plus Campbell is formidable  and top notch DB players  

Our run game will need to grind out yards as the box will be stacked . 12 personnel / max protect formations to get us started. Zach will need to make some early completions to open up the run game  

I know we’ll be heavy underdogs but if Jackson can be kept in the pocket, and pressure up the gut,  then our chances improve greatly  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/bal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 4:58 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

I’m just very happy Linda Baum has taken hold as the nickname.

If I ever meet him I plan to call him that right to his bitch face.

Then in case he tries to take a cheap shot at me I’ll just stand 31.25” away and will be totally safe. 

This is very clever.  One of your better posts.  Hope you don't mind, but I shared it with a few of my Ravens fan buddies.  Got some good laughs.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

7-5 with Lamar.  One of those 5 losses he got hurt on the first play of the second quarter, but was already down 10.  If you throw that game out, they were 7-4.  But 2-3 on the road and 5-1 at home. 

This is not right.

@Steelers Loss

Browns WIN (1)

@Bears WIN (2)

@Dolphins Loss

Vikings WIN (3)

Bengals Loss

Chargers WIN (4)

Colts WIN (5)

@Broncos WIN (6)

@Lions WIN (7)

Chiefs WIN (8)

@Raiders Loss

 

That's 8 wins and 4 losses.

He started 1 other loss, but was injured in the 1st quarter. You're giving him that loss?? 

Even if you did, they were 8-5 with him and 0-4 without him.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Facts said:

This is not right.

@Steelers Loss

Browns WIN (1)

@Bears WIN (2)

@Dolphins Loss

Vikings WIN (3)

Bengals Loss

Chargers WIN (4)

Colts WIN (5)

@Broncos WIN (6)

@Lions WIN (7)

Chiefs WIN (8)

@Raiders Loss

 

That's 8 wins and 4 losses.

He started 1 other loss, but was injured in the 1st quarter. You're giving him that loss?? 

Even if you did, they were 8-5 with him and 0-4 without him.

 

Lamar did not play in the Bears game. 7-4. 

I already eliminated the game he got hurt in the 2nd quarter would have been 7-5 with that one.  

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The smarter Ravens fans are not as confident about beating the Jets as some of us are.  

Quote

We talk ourselves into Greg Roman's offense every single offseason now, "We were ___, in ___"... I'm just over playing this game with an obviously flawed system and philosophy at WR

I wish the current NFL didn't skew so heavy to passing, I wish receiving talent didn't take center stage in the playoffs. But it does. I've said it time and time again, stopping a great running team is a lot easier than stopping a great passing team. Playing the run is a numbers game and playing the pass is a talent game.

If you can't threaten a defense through the air with your talent then you're on the wrong side of a numbers game when they stack the box. Duvernay/Proche can't threaten anyone. They're non-factors. They're the green light for a defense to say "I'm going to take away the run and dare these guys to make us pay".

You take away the middle of the field to stifle Andrews, you put your #1 CB on Bateman. You need your WR2 and WR3 to be able to make a defense pay in those instances and we simply can't right now.

Funny thing is the jets are heading towards a serious run-first offense according to some here....  but I disagree.  The additions of Hall, Ruckert, and Wilson, obviously, are for the improvement of the offense as a whole, but primarily Zach's passing options and an attempt to keep defenses honest with Hall in there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Dcat said:

So which Ravens WR is going to defeat the Jets secondary?  Duvernay?  Mr. straight line only?  I think that can be handled.  The Ravens have two legit threats: Lamar Jackson on the ground and Jackson-to-Andrews through the air and in the red zone. That's all they got.  Jackson isn't so great as a passer plus the WRs there are nothing to crow about without Brown. 

And their running backs are all coming off various serious/bad injuries (Gus, Dobbins)... they went out and signed Mike Davis cause their main guys won't be ready for camp. Otherwise a late draft pick at RB for them.  Nothing to shiver about there except for Lamar Jackson juking CJ Mosley on some plays.  

I agree with @Paradis.  

It's time to put an end to this Ravens horsesh*t at MetLife. Sick of it.  You all should be.  Jets have more talent at WR, RB. They have a running QB freak who can hit his TE at will. Bring it.  

And stop posting like a bunch of pusssees

wayward pines GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...