Danny Woodhead

25 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Dude, good for him.   I never would have guessed he would play golf.

I can't stand the guy.  The Jets were the team that signed him as a UDFA.  Then when we cut him (which, IIRC, I don't think we wanted to do but had to make room for another player), he got really upset at us and loved rubbing our noses in it as a Patriot.  

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Tannenbaum kept churning the bottom of the roster and cut and resigned him and cut him again and I think he’d had enough. I never blamed him. 

You cut a guy, more than once, of course he wants to rub your nose in it.   That is the last thing I'd ever blame a player for.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, chirorob said:

You cut a guy, more than once, of course he wants to rub your nose in it.   That is the last thing I'd ever blame a player for.

In order to cut him, we had to first sign him.  And the Jets gave him his first chance in the NFL.  He couldn't, at the very least, not hate us?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can't stand the guy.  The Jets were the team that signed him as a UDFA.  Then when we cut him (which, IIRC, I don't think we wanted to do but had to make room for another player), he got really upset at us and loved rubbing our noses in it as a Patriot.  

Funny because I heard an interview with him as a Pat and they asked him about how he felt about the Jets releasing him and he said something to the tune of if it wasn't  for the Jets, I'm probably not here right now and I owe them a lot. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I never really felt one way or the other about him, he was a fringe NFL talent with us, and frankly, he was a fringe talent overall.  Woulda been fine keeping him, was fine letting him go.

What I do get annoyed by are Jets Fans who have a eternal torch for fringe guys like this.  Usually there are like 5-6 or more of these UDFA-7th round types cut every year, and these specific fans fall deeply in love with all of them every year, and lament their departure like we cut an obvious mid-career Jerry Rice.  Cager is another good, more recent, example.  Or Yeboah.  It's worse if the fringe guy went to Rutgers, lol.

They ignore when 49 out of 50 are never heard from again in the NFL.  But heaven forbid a short under-athletic UDFA guy who plays a skill position that we cut work out to any notable degree elsewhere, the old Chrebet Fantasy, we never, ever hear the end of it, and we have people still posting news about him here on a Jets site a decade later, despite him very much loathing us and our team, and being best known as a Patriot.  

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

It’s honestly pretty amazing man. Not to mention he’s likely better at golf than Michael Jordon. Not too shabby. 

To shoot a 71 on a championship golf course, from the tips where the average par 4 is 440 to 480 yards is amazing.     I guarantee you he beat many professionals.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

To shoot a 71 on a championship golf course, from the tips where the average par 4 is 440 to 480 yards is amazing.     I guarantee you he beat many professionals.  

I know nothing about golf but I like to watch it especially on the last day of tournaments. The next debate will be is he a professional football player who’s trying to play golf, or a golfer who tried to play professional football Cool story. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Funny because I heard an interview with him as a Pat and they asked him about how he felt about the Jets releasing him and he said something to the tune of if it wasn't  for the Jets, I'm probably not here right now and I owe them a lot. 

I never heard that interview.  I just remember him being what felt to me like overly-celebratory at stomping all over the Jets while playing for the Belichicks.

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I never really felt one way or the other about him, he was a fringe NFL talent with us, and frankly, he was a fringe talent overall.  Woulda been fine keeping him, was fine letting him go.

What I do get annoyed by are Jets Fans who have a eternal torch for fringe guys like this.  Usually there are like 5-6 or more of these UDFA-7th round types cut every year, and these specific fans fall deeply in love with all of them every year, and lament their departure like we cut an obvious mid-career Jerry Rice.  Cager is another good, more recent, example.  Or Yeboah.  It's worse if the fringe guy went to Rutgers, lol.

They ignore when 49 out of 50 are never heard from again in the NFL.  But heaven forbid a short under-athletic UDFA guy who plays a skill position that we cut work out to any notable degree elsewhere, the old Chrebet Fantasy, we never, ever hear the end of it, and we have people still posting news about him here on a Jets site a decade later, despite him very much loathing us and our team, and being best known as a Patriot.  

He was a nice little player. Had a couple 1000 total yard seasons for the Chargers. Looked him up on OTC, and he managed to earn $15M over ten years as an UDFA RB. Not too shabby. Pretty cool for him to get himself to this level in another sport, even if it is golf, lol. Don’t think he’s the kind of guy who’s work ethic you can ever count out. 

But yeah, Cager? Lol. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Fringe NFL talents don't play 9 years in the league at RB, even in that third-down role. He wasn't a starter, but he was a valuable backup with a particular role. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

It’s honestly pretty amazing man. Not to mention he’s likely better at golf than Michael Jordon. Not too shabby. 

If he shot 71 in a U.S. Open qualifier, he’s so much better than Jordan ever was at golf. 
It’s amazing he did that at this stage of his life. In “aspiring golf pro” years, he’s old.

The Q he was in is full of pro golfers and elite ams, this wasn’t a pro-am celebrity event. It’s a pressure cooker atmosphere even for those guys.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We cut him and he signed with a team in the midst of a dynasty. Where’s his fault?

wait a second.  it's not like woodhead was the second coming of brad smith or ladanian tomlinson or freeman mcneil.  he was a guy who worked hard and played the game hard but it's not like he was indispensable on any team he ever played on.  should the jets have kept him?  maybe since they had little to show with the other rb's.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I think you guys are soul mates. 

710FC591-B8AA-49E8-9C18-1FD269C56805.jpeg

That's a different guy.  Sam Woodhead.  I know because I typed "Danny Woodhead shirtless" into google in response to when JiF posted this:

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I wonder if he has nice abs? 

And the news article about Sam Woodhead came up.  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's a different guy.  Sam Woodhead.  I know because I typed "Danny Woodhead shirtless" into google in response to when JiF posted this:

And the news article about Sam Woodhead came up.  

Shit your whore  mouth, 

• Haha 2