Jets 2022 Full Schedule

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Why why why why why do we always get saddled with a brutal schedule when we have sucked for the last 10 years. This nonsense of rotating conferences just continues to plague weaker teams. 

Who did you want them to schedule us to play?

Steelers were a 9 win team with Ben.  Ravens, Browns and Minny under .500.  Lions, Bears, Jags sucked.  Denver was 3 games under .500.  

Never get the moaning about strength of schedule, football teams change so much from year to year, injury to inury

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
47 minutes ago, munchmemory said:
Week 1: Sept. 11 vs. Ravens, L
Week 2: Sept. 18 at Browns, L
Week 3: Sept. 25 vs. Bengals, L
Week 4: Oct. 2 at Steelers, L
Week 5: Oct. 9 vs. Dolphins, W
Week 6: Oct. 16 at Packers, L
Week 7: Oct. 23 at Broncos, L
Week 8: Oct. 30 vs. Patriots, L
Week 9: Nov. 6 vs. Bills, L
Week 10: Bye
Week 11: Nov. 20 At Patriots, L
Week 12: Nov. 27 vs. Bears, W
Week 13: Dec. 4 at Vikings, L
Week 14: Dec. 11 at Bills, L
Week 15: Dec. 18 vs. Lions, W
Week 16: Dec. 22 vs. Jaguars, W
Week 17: Jan. 1 at Seahawks, L
Week 18: Jan. 7/8 at Dolphins, W
Last week, I said we'd win three or four games.  Now, I'm going with five.

I'll take the over on that.

I just read the schedule to my wife and asked her to go wins and losses.  Overall, she's a glass is half full person, especially regarding the team.  She got three wins, possibly four.  LMFAO.  And she's always yelling at me during the season for being a SOJ pessimist. 

• Haha 2

I'm never one to pencil in an automatic win once the schedule comes out (especially not with this team's history). That said, looking at this schedule and given our off season, I'm not going to pencil in any automatic losses either. You may now verbally cornhole me.  

• Haha 1

Definitely looks like a rough first half of the season but this is a team that has improved substantially over the offseason, I’d say more than most. They have to start competing and winning some of these tough games otherwise it’s all for naught anyway. Just like every year, though, there will be games won we didn’t expect and games lost we didn’t expect. 

In some ways it’s really an ideal schedule. Get most of the tough games over-with in the first half of the year. Let the young team compete with strong sides, gel, become accustomed to that level of play and the ride that wave after the bye. I can see a competitive season ending somewhere around .500 (8-9, 9-8) give or take a game or two.  

honestly, it might actually be a fun season.

5 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

I'm never one to pencil in an automatic win once the schedule comes out (especially not with this team's history). That said, looking at this schedule and given our off season, I'm not going to pencil in any automatic losses either. You may now verbally cornhole me.  

7130a54d-9ade-4fe0-b837-3600a24f2d62_tex

Mid level schedule.  Looks much better than I thought.  Our division has one elite QB.  Coaching and Zach step up this team should win 7 to 10 games.  Less than 7 is a disaster more than 8 is a real nice season.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

Mid level schedule.  Looks much better than I thought.  Our division has one elite QB.  Coaching and Zach step up this team should win 7 to 10 games.  Less than 7 is a disaster more than 8 is a real nice season.  

Hey, JD had a "legendary" draft.  Easily, we win 13-14 games.

Last year we beat cincy and Tennessee and had the bucs beaten.   not like past 4 win seasons where we only beat other weaklings.   That’s a major positive.  Also reminding the whole world that as always we play the same exact schedule as the other teams in our division except we get the 4th place teams in the AFC South and West while they play teams that finished higher.  True I’d prefer at least one of the easier games earlier in the season but if we are competitive than it will be nice to have them later.   Although the teams we think are weak now might not be weak later either.   And that’s all I’ve got to say about that…

14 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's about as soft of a last 4 games as we could have asked for. Keep it near .500 to that point and we'll have a fun ending to the season.

In true jets fashion, we’ll be 0-12 at that point and the mush will allow us to win a meaningless game right out of the #1 overall pick.

Bookmark me.

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The real tough stretch is GB, Denver, NE and Buffalo. 

The first 5 can go either way, but these four are top of the league. Hopefully we get off to a good start and gives them confidence going into that stretch before the bye. 

Yes that’s where the wheels could fall off the bus and leave the team reeling.  At some point the jets have to start beating division opponents at home if they want to be taken seriously.  

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Hey, JD had a "legendary" draft.  Easily, we win 13-14 games.

What is your deal with JD.  Honestly.  You never answer that direct question.  What specific complaints do you have.  And don't just repeat the lazy W-L trope.  You know as well as I do how much of that W-L record is the responsibility of the prior GM. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

What is your deal with JD.  Honestly.  You never answer that direct question.  What specific complaints do you have.  And don't just repeat the lazy W-L trope.  You know as well as I do how much of that W-L record is the responsibility of the prior GM. 

I've answered it a hundred times.   In his three year stint as GM, 13-36.   If we have a subpar season, JD will be on the hook for somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 losses.  lol   But let's keep making excuses and giving him a pass.

And I disagree completely that the W-L record is not a GM's responsibility.   The GM and HC put those players on the field.  Period.  Whether guys don't play well, get injured, etc. is part of the gig.  And if Wilson busts out, as a #2 pick, it won't be just me calling for his head.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I've answered it a hundred times.   In his three year stint as GM, 13-36.   If we have a subpar season, JD will be on the hook for somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 losses.  lol   But let's keep making excuses and giving him a pass.

And I disagree completely that the W-L record is not a GM's responsibility.   The GM and HC put those players on the field.  Period.  Whether guys don't play well, get injured, etc. is part of the gig.  And if Wilson busts out, as a #2 pick, it won't be just me calling for his head.

I tell you not to be lazy and just note the W-L record and nothing else and you do it anyways.  Cool.  

Yes, the GM puts together the roster.  So what are your issues with the roster as it currently stands?  Because it looks pretty good from where I'm standing.

I tell you not to be lazy and just note the W-L record and nothing else and you do it anyways.  Cool.  

Because that is what all GMs are judged upon.  Again, that's the gig.   You might not like it.  But that's just the way it is.   Very few GMs in professional sports survive with their teams annually experiencing double digit losses.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Because that is what all GMs are judged upon.  Again, that's the gig.   You might not like it.  But that's just the way it is.   Very few GMs in professional sports survive with their teams annually experiencing double digit losses.

OK.  Again I'll ask then:  What are your specific complaints about the roster as it is currently constructed. 

If you really hate the way the guy runs things, which you've consistently been doing for the last 3 years, I would think you'd be able to provide more than what you have to the discussion.  

OK.  Again I'll ask then:  What are your specific complaints about the roster as it is currently constructed.  

That's not the issue.  NO ONE will have any clue about this roster until real games are played.   And dare I say, won.  Period.  

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

That's not the issue.  NO ONE will have any clue about this roster until real games are played.   And dare I say, won.  Period.  

lol what?  You just said the GM is responsible for the roster on the field, but you can't name even a couple things wrong with the roster from your perspective?

It's a long offseason dude.  Humor me and list some things you don't like.  

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what?  You just said the GM is responsible for the roster on the field, but you can't name even a couple things wrong with the roster from your perspective?

It's a long offseason dude.  Humor me and list some things you don't like.  

We're not ever going to see this issue the same way.  You're stuck in some fantasy roster potential mode.  I'm stuck in the real world where nothing matters until the real season games start and the team either wins or loses with the players the GM and HC have put on the field.  

Only then will you be able to see what the draft and roster is all about.  Until then?  Everybody is just guessing.  Like when almost everybody said we looked loaded last year after a peachy keen draft, especially with Zach Wilson and his "live arm".  A genius pick.  Absolute homerun.  How'd that work out for us?

I'm done.  This is just spinning wheels.

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

We're not ever going to see this issue the same way.  You're stuck in some fantasy roster potential mode.  I'm stuck in the real world where nothing matters until the real season games start and the team either wins or loses with the players the GM and HC have put on the field.  

Only then will you be able to see what the draft and roster is all about.  Until then?  Everybody is just guessing.  Like when almost everybody said we looked loaded last year after a peachy keen draft, especially with Zach Wilson and his "live arm".  A genius pick.  Absolute homerun.  How'd that work out for us?

the bold above is unadulterated bullsht.  This board was split about evenly on Wilson.  I for one, said I had no idea if he was going to be a good pick and I was leary of him as well as the other QB options. There is no way this board had anything close to a consensus that Wilson was a "homerun".  In fact, the predictions for wins was pathetically low on this board last year.  A bunch of revisionist history right there, my friend.  Try to get those spinning wheels out of the mud.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

most of the posters who hate wilson on this board didn't want to draft him in the first place

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the bold above is unadulterated bullsht.  This board was split about evenly on Wilson.  I for one, said I had no idea if he was going to be a good pick and I was leary of him as well as the other QB options. There is no way this board had anything close to a consensus that Wilson was a "homerun".  In fact, the predictions for wins was pathetically low on this board last year.  A bunch of revisionist history right there, my friend.  Try to get those spinning wheels out of the mud.

Yeah, maybe I should have written "some" instead of "almost everybody".    Thanks for the correction.

For the record, I hated the pick.  

37 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

So you have not one specific complaint to be made outside of Wilson.  You at least could have brought up the 2020 draft, and that would have been a legitimate complaint.  You and I even both agree that neither of us wanted Zach Wilson.

I'm not stuck in a "fantasy land".  I like the process behind how much of the roster has been built and have provided my reasons for all of that over the years he's been here.  I can reiterate those if need be if it helps to give you a list.

Come on man.  Someone who doesn't like Douglas ought to have plenty of material over the last 3+ years to go on.  

17 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, maybe I should have written "some" instead of "almost everybody".    Thanks for the correction.

For the record, I hated the pick.  

I wasn't all gung ho on Zach Wilson.  Or Fields.  Or any of the others.  It was a flat-out stinky QB draft for a team in dire need.    Could have kept Darnold or, if Douglas was done with Darnold, should have brought in a vet and used the draft capital to fill some of the voids. Go for QB the next season. Ironically, was this year's QB class any better?  Still waiting to see what they saw when they drafted Wilson and still hoping for the best.

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, Jet Nut said:

Who did you want them to schedule us to play?

Steelers were a 9 win team with Ben.  Ravens, Browns and Minny under .500.  Lions, Bears, Jags sucked.  Denver was 3 games under .500.  

Never get the moaning about strength of schedule, football teams change so much from year to year, injury to inury

We are in the middle of the pack with teams in regard to strength of schedule. 17th to be exact. We had the #4 pick in the draft. We should have top 5 easiest schedule. Our schedule should reflect that. We weren’t a .500 team last year. The way the NFL devises the schedule sucks! They really need to change it. Play ONE game against your division rival, rotate one conference only each year, and then play the other teams based on win/loss record. That would be much fairer. 

Bills, Pats, Fins

NFC West - Lions, Bears, Vikings, Packers. 

Thats 7 games.  With the final 10 you play based on where you landed in the draft. 

Jags, Texans, Giants, Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks, Commanders, Broncos, Browns, Ravens

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

We are in the middle of the pack with teams in regard to strength of schedule. 17th to be exact. We had the #4 pick in the draft. We should have top 5 easiest schedule. Our schedule should reflect that. We weren’t a .500 team last year. The way the NFL devises the schedule sucks! They really need to change it. Play ONE game against your division rival, rotate one conference only each year, and then play the other teams based on win/loss record. That would be much fairer. 

Bills, Pats, Fins

NFC West - Lions, Bears, Vikings, Packers. 

Thats 7 games.  With the final 10 you play based on where you landed in the draft. 

Jags, Texans, Giants, Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks, Commanders, Broncos, Browns, Ravens

You're not understanding how this works or how these things play out