2022 NY Jets Schedule

NY Jets Schedule

Thursday was the day that Jets fans, and fans around the NFL, were anxiously waiting for. After sitting through a day of rumors and leaks, most of which proved to be false, the league officially released the NFL schedule. The opponents were already known, but now the missing pieces are known.

The full NY Jets schedule appears below and the team opens up at home against the Baltimore Ravens. The beginning of the schedule is tough as the Jets play the AFC Central the first four weeks of the season (Ravens, Browns, Bengals and Steelers).

The bye week is November 13th and things on paper seem to get easier to close the season. The last four games are against the Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks and Dolphins.

NY Jets Schedule

Fans are sounding off on the 2022 season in the Jets Nation forums. Stop by, register for an account if you don’t already have one, and let us know what you think about the upcoming season.

The post 2022 NY Jets Schedule appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Honestly, I think all fans, young and old alike, have been beaten down by the last 12 seasons.  It is hard to really believe that we have turned a corner without seeing it on the field.  As for me, I am one of the older guys, old enough to have seen SBIII. 

We open with 4 AFC North teams -- no reason we can't split with them.  There are no cupcakes among the 4, but they all lost at least 7 games last year.  2-2 seems attainable.  But I am not going to really believe in this team until I see the product on the field.

Projecting who the Jets can beat and who they can't is the issue here... You either can compete and win or you end up at the bottom... This year I think they can compete with any team.... They should have beat TB superbowl champs at the time and this team's talent has only significantly improved since then. It's whether they have the ability to close the games now...  They also beat Cin who won the SB. So projecting is a dumb game in my opinion.  If they can compete its gonna be a fun year.

Can they win 10+, why not... Where is the hole... Can they win 13 why not.. because Wilson looked like crap as a rookie and all the talent around him was hurt with no depth. Poor excuse. They should be close in every game this year, no excuses. Every year there is 1 dark horse team that comes out of the cellar.... the way that JD has built this team, why can't we be SF with Kaepernik in his 2nd year and make a SB run. Who cares about the other talent ...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Honestly, I think all fans, young and old alike, have been beaten down by the last 12 seasons.  It is hard to really believe that we have turned a corner without seeing it on the field.  As for me, I am one of the older guys, old enough to have seen SBIII. 

We open with 4 AFC North teams -- no reason we can't split with them.  There are no cupcakes among the 4, but they all lost at least 7 games last year.  2-2 seems attainable.  But I am not going to really believe in this team until I see the product on the field.

so many young guys contributing it's going to be a crap shoot.   Is Garret Wilson more jamar chase or n'keal harry?  Does Becton come back nasty or stay puff?   Can zach play in the nfl?    can anyone play LB?    

The Jets season has basically been over by Halloween for the last decade and over by October for the last 5 years.  Now they know they have to beat some good teams to have meaningful games in November, if they can't do that then we get another off-season super bowl.

First four games I also think we can go 2-2 if Saleh really coaches them up during the offseason.  The next 5 are brutal though, and if we get 1 win i'd be happy (1-4).  The next four after that I think we can split (2-2).  Final 4 games is where we can really make the season.  4-0.

So that's 9 wins.  That seems strangely realistic.  Of course much will depend on injury at that point, as is the norm in the NFL.

The worry is our QB..  He has to be unbelievably consistent in order to achieve that goal.  He can't have an off game where he throws 4 ints and we lose to something like the Jags.  Indeed he will likely need to put the team on his back for a game or two against a superior team (maybe a split against NE or Miami for instance) and eek out a hard win.

I foresee a lot of close games.  Always like this with young teams.  They have to learn how to win first.