It's time. ✈️ RG3 calls Jets roster 'STACKED' with Zach Wilson ready for takeoff | NFL Live- Calls for 10 Wins

10 game Might be bit rich where still extremely young and are banking on 4 rookies for the turn around.. But there not lying this team only goes as far as Zach takes them. There is not alot holes on this roster. I hope he takes the step. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

In 2023-24 the Jets are paying Zach a Wilson $8mm while the Bills pay Josh Allen $40mm.  We should be able to train up the draft picks and sign some serious FA talent to make a difference. 

Assuming that Zach Wilson is functional and does not skip screen passes, that would be the plan for the Jets.   2022 is too early for 10 wins, but look at 2015.  Decker, Edwards and Fitz caught the NFL by surprise.   I think it is safe to say that teams are currently under preparing for the Jets.  

If Zach plays like last year, this conversation is over. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

In 2023-24 the Jets are paying Zach a Wilson $8mm while the Bills pay Josh Allen $40mm.  We should be able to train up the draft picks and sign some serious FA talent to make a difference. 

This has to be a season where Zach and the last two draft classes make monumental strides to prepare for playoff runs in '23-'24 & '24-'25. 

If Zach doesn't play up to his draft position, the QB merry-go-round continues or JD signs/trades for one 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This has to be a season where Zach and the last two draft classes make monumental strides to prepare for playoff runs in '23-'24 & '24-'25. 
If Zach doesn't play up to his draft position, the QB merry-go-round continues or JD signs/trades for one 

Only correction ... if Zach sh*ts the bed ... we will draft a new one.

I'm expecting exponential improvement from last year ... 7-8 wins at least.

18 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That is exactly the plan.   Remember Jamies Winston.  He did not stop the Bucs from winning the Super Bowl. 

17 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Only correction ... if Zach sh*ts the bed ... we will draft a new one.

I'm expecting exponential improvement from last year ... 7-8 wins at least.

With this schedule, if Zach spoils the bed the Jets are drafting top 3-5.  And yes, if the jets are drafting there next year, they need to draft a QB, by definition. 

There are seven major 'unknowns' heading into this season.

Zach, Mekhi, Mims, Lawson, Gardner, Garret, and JJ2. (I actually don't consider Breece Hall to be much of a risk to not be successful as long as the OLine holds up).

The range of success we have as a team can pretty much be expected to correlate to this list's success.

Zach is obviously the most critical by a wide margin.  After that, if at least four of the remaining six perform to or above expectations (which may be admittedly lofty), we should be playing for .500 or better.  Every year teams surprisingly progress and/or regress.  At least 2-3 10-win teams from last year will be .500 or below, and vice versa.  

Making prognosticators look like idiots is one of the great joys of sports.

• Upvote 1

It's going to be a FUN season.  

Some blowout wins, a lot of shoot outs, a stinker or two, and lots of meaningful games.  

The team is still learning and growing, but the wins are coming sooner than later.

Everyone wishing about another rookie quarterback in 2023 better get used to the blonde kid.  He's the face of your franchise for the next 15+ years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The offense needs to produce this year, no question about it. 10 wins produce will be difficult, but Zach is the key. If he takes a good leap forward this year, then I think 7-9 wins is reasonable. The biggest question mark on this team now is defense. We needed a big body in the middle for run stuffing, and we didn't get it. Our hope this year is that Lawson, JJ, and Clemens can produce the kind of pass rush to take the heat of the middle guys. I don't want to see QW, or Rankins, or JFM trying to get sacks, I want to see them contain this year, and go for the run stop. I'm sure they will get some sacks, which is ok, but I don't think that every D lineman should be looking to sack the QB, Just my opinion. If the middle can take care of run stops, then I think the LB's and box safety can also contribute to stopping the run and coverage. The DL is the key to this years defensive success. 

The roster is only stacked if you assume the young guys come in and play at an average to above average starting level. Looking at history: 

Becton - Good rookie year w/ some injuries - zero his 2nd year

Mims - Flashes rookie year - zero his second year 

Davis & Zuniga - busts who have dealt w/ injuries 

AVT - Probably the only guy who was on the field enough and played strong enough to match his draft spot 

Moore - Flashed - but was generally inconsistent in production (likely more a ZW issue) and dealt w/ injuries 

Michael Carter - Generally performed well but dealt w/ injuries

So of the past two years "top" picks - really only AVT gave you what every analyst is projecting out of the rookies this year. Not to say these guys can't outperform our past draft picks under JD - but rookies deal w/ inconsistent play, ramp up time, and injuries. 

If Sauce can have a rookie year like the CBs from last year, if Garrett Wilson can have the impact a Devonta Smith had last year, if JJ can be a productive pass rusher, if Breece can do what rookie RBs have had success doing - yes I think our roster has tons of potential... but it may take these guys time and assuming they'll be impact day 1 goes against a lot of history. 

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They're right - there are no excuses for Zach. The Jets have really done everything right by him, which hasn't happened in forever. Time for him to take off.

This is telling coming from you, given how much you demanded the Jets do everything possible to acquire Davante Adams/Tyreek Hill/DK Metcalf/A.J. Brown/Deebo Samuel/Amari Cooper/prime Jerry Rice/Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, varjet said:

Assuming that Zach Wilson is functional and does not skip screen passes, that would be the plan for the Jets.   2022 is too early for 10 wins, but look at 2015.  Decker, Edwards and Fitz caught the NFL by surprise.   I think it is safe to say that teams are currently under preparing for the Jets.  

If Zach plays like last year, this conversation is over. 

It might not happen this year but Allen cannot play his style of football for much longer. His body even at his size just will not stand up. Cam played similar and he fell completely off the hill. Allen is better in the pocket but the Bills when he stayed in the pocket in the regualr season and the Bills in the playoffs were completely different teams. I see no reason the Jets cannot compete for the title. People are understimating just how much talent we added between FA and the draft.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is telling coming from you, given how much you demanded the Jets do everything possible to acquire Davante Adams/Tyreek Hill/DK Metcalf/A.J. Brown/Deebo Samuel/Amari Cooper/prime Jerry Rice/Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss

I mean I definitely preferred a veteran receiver but taking Wilson at 10 is a comparable move with more hope involved. Never wanted Amari Cooper but JD should have pushed harder for Steve Largent.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It might not happen this year but Allen cannot play his style of football for much longer. His body even at his size just will not stand up. Cam played similar and he fell completely off the hill. Allen is better in the pocket but the Bills when he stayed in the pocket in the regualr season and the Bills in the playoffs were completely different teams. I see no reason the Jets cannot compete for the title. People are understimating just how much talent we added between FA and the draft.

He's 25 going on 35 in football years. 

I think his body holds up another 2-3 years then he'll fall off a cliff.  Hopefully he doesn't adjust his style. 

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean I definitely preferred a veteran receiver but taking Wilson at 10 is a comparable move with more hope involved. Never wanted Amari Cooper but JD should have pushed harder for Steve Largent.

Lance Alworth would have been my preference.  But either would work in this system.

However, at 5-11 and 6-0, respectively, @Paradis hated both.

• Haha 2