Going to my First Ever Jets Home Game, Here in 2022

NICE!!

I just bought tickets for the preseason game vs the Giants for me and my 7 year old daughter.  Her first time at a game and the only one in my household, other than myself, who has some interest in football.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Park in the lot. Dont wait last minute because they jack up on Stubhub closer to the game. 

Hotels. Plenty within 15 mins from the stadium if you want to say in Jersey 

Is StubHub the best site to purchase a parking pass?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Early November shouldn't be too cold.  Mid 50's or higher.  

if you did not buy your tickets yet - you might want sections on the Jets home side of the field (around 119 thru 108) since you will have the sun until 4pm or so. if you prefer no sun - then the other side of the stadium would be your choice.

Dcat is spot on - November games are great weather wise  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

if you did not buy your tickets yet - you might want sections on the Jets home side of the field (around 119 thru 108) since you will have the sun until 4pm or so. if you prefer no sun - then the other side of the stadium would be your choice.

Yea schedule broke out nicely this year. 5 games done by First week of November. Honestly the Chicago game shouldn't be to bad either. Chalk it up to global warming but I feel the only truly COLD months anymore are Jan and Feb, maybe early March as well. Dec can be hit or miss. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I should not have assumed lower level when stating the section numbers - i believe the mezz and upper deck are the same - just begin with 2 or 3.

18 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Is StubHub the best site to purchase a parking pass?

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I actually prefer Ticket Master to stub hub because I can save the tickets on Google pay app. Makes them easy to find

Isn't SH supposed to have that too?  It has been a long time since I used either, I'm going to have to get back into the process.  I'd go wherever the cheapest price is.  It can vary sometimes between the 2 sites.    

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Isn't SH supposed to have that too?  It has been a long time since I used either, I'm going to have to get back into the process.  I'd go wherever the cheapest price is.  It can vary sometimes between the 2 sites.    

I think only Ticket Master offers that. After you.make the purchase, a link pops up asking if you want to save them to the app.  Don't  recall stub hub having that

Was no option for Parking (I went through Ticketmaster) when I bought the tickets, maybe because it was "Presale"?

Regardless, I'll get it sorted.  Seats look great, I'm very excited to finally get a chance to see and be at a home game, and hope that I get a chance to meet Max face to face after all these years.  

Shame the "Forum Get-together" game is looking to be another weekend, but this was the right weekend for me.  Wife and I are Hyped!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

So all of you who likely have wanted to punch me over the years, you might get your chance.
(Seriously, please don't punch me, I'm old and soft now).
Nov. 6 vs. Buffalo.  Hope we're still in it by then  
Now I just gotta figure our parking and hotels.
Hotels in NJ near the stadium(Rutherford) are pretty much dumps .... look further into bergen county, or if you want something nice NYC.
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations!!  

My recommendation is to walk into the stadium about 45 minutes before kickoff, so that you can take it all in, and watch the players warm up.  Most of the fans walk into the stadium with like 10-15 minutes before kickoff, enjoying the tailgate.  But, since it's your first home game, you should get full enjoyment of being inside the stadium.  Just my opinion.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the food in the stadium, so tailgating and eating before the game is the way to go.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, faba said:

Nice .  You could also get a hotel in Jersey City. that is what my friends do from out of town 

Not a bad idea.  Also, since you will be nearby, I would recommend going to a Spanish restaurant in Newark.  Spanish Tavern is really good, or Fornos of Spain.  There are my 2 recommendations.

Because you are out of town, this is a type of restaurant that in my opinion is quite unique and excellent to the area.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Alka said:

Not a bad idea.  Also, since you will be nearby, I would recommend going to a Spanish restaurant in Newark.  Spanish Tavern is really good, or Fornos of Spain.  There are my 2 recommendations.

Because you are out of town, this is a type of restaurant that in my opinion is quite unique and excellent to the area.

Love the Portugese eats in the Iron Bound.

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2022 at 11:09 AM, Warfish said:

So all of you who likely have wanted to punch me over the years, you might get your chance.

Nov. 6 vs. Buffalo.  Hope we're still in it by then :) 

Its about time.

No one should ever get punched over disagreements over sports

Me and Baby Crusher stayed at the Red Roof in right by the stadium when we went to the JN Mixer for the Vikings game awhile back. It honestly wasn’t awful and reasonable clean. Cool part was the minute you opened your door you can see “the green glow” of the stadium, 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

When we travel to NJ for Jets we stay in NYC. There is a Game Day express train from Penn. Station to the Meadowlands that is idiot proof, and Sat night in NYC is way more fun than East Rutherford NJ. Plenty of hotels (Hilton, Marriott, etc.) within easy walk of Penn. Stn.

Alka is right though. Used to work in Newark, NJ and Spanish/Portugese restaurants in the Ironbound are outstanding.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

*Writes date in red pen in calendar....

? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, Warfish said:

Was no option for Parking (I went through Ticketmaster) when I bought the tickets, maybe because it was "Presale"?

Regardless, I'll get it sorted.  Seats look great, I'm very excited to finally get a chance to see and be at a home game, and hope that I get a chance to meet Max face to face after all these years.  

Shame the "Forum Get-together" game is looking to be another weekend, but this was the right weekend for me.  Wife and I are Hyped!

You can still tailgate with us!

• Sympathy 1

I'll be there!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:
Regardless of the on the field product, prepare to be underwhelmed.

Nuthin like seeing a home game live ... that being said ... commercial breaks are odd live....

Talking about the stadium itself, but yeah that too.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Talking about the stadium itself, but yeah that too.

The stadium is all about the boxes, unfortunately. Some really incredible seats and parties in those boxes.  Sadly 99% of the fans never get to experience any of that.

Embarrassed Good Music GIF by Desiigner