Going to my First Ever Jets Home Game, Here in 2022

Just now, Maxman said:

The stadium is all about the boxes, unfortunately. Some really incredible seats and parties in those boxes.  Sadly 99% of the fans never get to experience any of that.

The upper deck is a travesty. You might as well be on Mars.

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The upper deck is a travesty. You might as well be on Mars.

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah that is very true. You are higher and further back because of all the mezz level boxes.

From all reports, unless you're in a corporate box of some sort, the whole stadium sounds awful.

• Upvote 2

On 5/13/2022 at 11:22 AM, prime21 said:

Is StubHub the best site to purchase a parking pass?

I always do Stubhub out of habit. I find it super easy. I screen shot the pass but it’s also easy to find on the app.  I highly recommend getting the best parking pass, easy in and out rather than an hour of stress wishing you’d got it. Especially if you’re not going every week.

Also def recommend an earlier/warmer game.

• Upvote 2

On 5/13/2022 at 11:09 AM, Warfish said:

So all of you who likely have wanted to punch me over the years, you might get your chance.

(Seriously, please don't punch me, I'm old and soft now).

Nov. 6 vs. Buffalo.  Hope we're still in it by then :) 

Now I just gotta figure our parking and hotels.

Clearly your fault if we lose. Don't F this up!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

From all reports, unless you're in a corporate box of some sort, the whole stadium sounds awful.

Not true, lower level end zone and mezz end zone are both great values.

The mezz sidelines are amazing just pricey.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not true, lower level end zone and mezz end zone are both great values.

The mezz sidelines are amazing just pricey.

Yeah, I do ok but dropping over 1K on top of travel costs for 5 hours of Jets Football is a tough pill. I can take the family on a 6 day RCL Cruise to the Western Caribbean for that... ? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, I do ok but dropping over 1K on top of travel costs for 5 hours of Jets Football is a tough pill. I can take the family on a 6 day RCL Cruise to the Western Caribbean for that... ? 

Let me know if you stop in Cozumel. We’ll grab a drink. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Regardless of the on the field product, prepare to be underwhelmed.

Its a stadium....

Its clean and nice facilities. Sorry it doesnt have the curb appeal you want. What else do you really want from a stadium? Its about the game

On 5/13/2022 at 11:09 AM, Warfish said:

So all of you who likely have wanted to punch me over the years, you might get your chance.

(Seriously, please don't punch me, I'm old and soft now).

Nov. 6 vs. Buffalo.  Hope we're still in it by then :) 

Now I just gotta figure our parking and hotels.

chris farley television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Passaic River will be the best place to park!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Its a stadium....

Its clean and nice facilities. Sorry it doesnt have the curb appeal you want. What else do you really want from a stadium? Its about the game

Place is quiet and sterile and the stands are too far from the field. The upper deck is awful. Getting out of the lot is a disaster.  Just an overall poor stadium compared to others I’ve been too that are more fan friendly. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That was the radioactive elements from the Illegal nuclear dump site known as the Meadowlands!

new york city GIF

Let's not forget the grounds upon which the Jets Atlantic Health facilities were built.

That piece of Florham Park land had been contaminated by Exxon for decades and it took a massive federal cleanup, ata massive cost, to make the land suitable for use.  They now have condos on it as well.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Place is quiet and sterile and the stands are too far from the field. The upper deck is awful. Getting out of the lot is a disaster.  Just an overall poor stadium compared to others I’ve been too that are more fan friendly. 

Lower level and Mezz levels have phenomenal site lines and way better than the poorly sloped Giants stadium lowers were.  And also better than the Giants Stad Mezz which had a low ceiling. After Mezz row 5, you couldnt even see the video board.  I agree that anything above the Mezz suites, i.e. the Upper deck, sucks ass.  Been there... it's like watching anant colony from afar.

If getting out of the parking lot is a disaster, then you are not parking in the right places.  LOL.

another stadium Drama Queen.  This board is full of them. 

On 5/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, Warfish said:

Was no option for Parking (I went through Ticketmaster) when I bought the tickets, maybe because it was "Presale"?

Regardless, I'll get it sorted.  Seats look great, I'm very excited to finally get a chance to see and be at a home game, and hope that I get a chance to meet Max face to face after all these years.  

Shame the "Forum Get-together" game is looking to be another weekend, but this was the right weekend for me.  Wife and I are Hyped!

Maybe Phil and Friends will be playing close on Saturday Night. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The upper deck is unquestionably too high but otherwise the stands are not "too far from the field".  In fact, the sightlines are probably the only good thing about the place.

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The upper deck is unquestionably too high but otherwise the stands are not "too far from the field".  In fact, the sightlines are probably the only good thing about the place.

Meant the UD. When the Jets were actually decent I didn’t mind sitting in the UD to get to a game at the old place. Now there’s just no point.

45 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Lower level and Mezz levels have phenomenal site lines and way better than the poorly sloped Giants stadium lowers were.  And also better than the Giants Stad Mezz which had a low ceiling. After Mezz row 5, you couldnt even see the video board.  I agree that anything above the Mezz suites, i.e. the Upper deck, sucks ass.  Been there... it's like watching anant colony from afar.

If getting out of the parking lot is a disaster, then you are not parking in the right places.  LOL.

another stadium Drama Queen.  This board is full of them. 

Not being a queen. I haven’t been to a Jets home game since 2013 (believe the last game I went to was Mccleroy v Lindley lol). I’ve been to a handful of other stadiums since then and the Jets fans got the shaft. They got their Super Bowl out of it I guess. 

52 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Giants stadium wasnt that good guys.....i mean cmon, its just because you were used to it. Change happens. Metlife facilities and big screens are so much better.

As for being quiet, we have been really bad since 2011. But if you were at Jets Cowboys 9-11-2011 you know how loud it can get when this franchise puts quality product on the field. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Meant the UD. When the Jets were actually decent I didn’t mind sitting in the UD to get to a game at the old place. Now there’s just no point.

Yeah. Our seats used to be in the 300's and we liked them.  But when we toured the new stadium it was apparent that it wasn't going to work.  The difference between Giants Stadium and MetLife Stadium uppers was apparent early on...

image.thumb.png.0d549f946d508a9c29c6466c3d7e74ac.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Giants stadium wasnt that good guys.....i mean cmon, its just because you were used to it. Change happens. Metlife facilities and big screens are so much better.

As for being quiet, we have been really bad since 2011. But if you were at Jets Cowboys 9-11-2011 you know how loud it can get when this franchise puts quality product on the field. 

Giants Stadium wasnt good either I agree. But the place had the ability to get loud and provide home field even for the Jets. New joint is sterile. I don’t need amenities or anything just something that makes it seem it’s a home field while also accommodating fans with some expected conveniences. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Giants Stadium wasnt good either I agree. But the place had the ability to get loud and provide home field even for the Jets. New joint is sterile. I don’t need amenities or anything just something that makes it seem it’s a home field while also accommodating fans with some expected conveniences. 

Like I said when we arent out of it by Halloween each year, place will sound more lively

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Its a stadium....

Gotta agree with Kevin here.

Just not sure what else is needed other than a competitive product on the field which if continues to be garbage the asthestics simply do not matter. 

4 hours ago, Trotter said:

Gotta agree with Kevin here.

Just not sure what else is needed other than a competitive product on the field which if continues to be garbage the asthestics simply do not matter. 

There are seats with obstructed views.  The Roman Coliseum was built 1926 years earlier and didn't have any obstructed views.