Which Road Games Are You Planning To Travel To

46 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not certain yet, but likely Green Bay.  Was thinking about Seattle, but New Years Day makes it tough.

Last year,  i would check the ticket apps and good seats were always available just before kickoff 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not certain yet, but likely Green Bay.  Was thinking about Seattle, but New Years Day makes it tough.

I’m thinking the same thing. 

GB and add a charter trip.  We are saltwater, so some walleye and muskie sounds fun!

These opportunities are every 8 years…

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I give you guys going to pitt a lot of credit. Probably hate that fan base more than the giants.

Not sure I understand this.  I was at AFCCG in 2010.

They were quite friendly.  Before the game, and even when the Jets fought back in the 2nd half.  Steeler fans are spoiled, but friendly.  

I advise anyone going to not lean forward at all.  I got hit twice in the face with a towel before I learned that lesson.

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I'm definitely going to Pittsburgh on the 2nd of October. I'm undecided on going to Miami for the January matchup. Might go anyways to enjoy the weather without knowing whether we're in contention are not. 

I am definitely doing Pittsburgh. Not sure about anything else yet.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

They were quite friendly.  Before the game, and even when the Jets fought back in the 2nd half.  Steeler fans are spoiled, but friendly.  

I advise anyone going to not lean forward at all.  I got hit twice in the face with a towel before I learned that lesson.

I think a lot depends on who you are sitting near.  I was also at the AFCCG in 2010.  Had a great time pre-game.  Hanging out in a bar outside Heinz Field with a bunch of Steeler fans.  Everyone got along great.  Some good natured trash talk, but it was a lot of fun, great group of football fans who just happen to cheer for different teams. My experience in the stands with Steeler fans was different.  Just luck of the draw, who you sit near.

Biggest problem I had with Steeler fans was on the bus back to the hotel after we lost.  The fans were so damn quiet.  Going to the Super Bowl had become so routine to them that it was just another win.  I can only imagine what a bus full of Jet fans will sound like when/if we finally make it.  Memory of that quiet bus ride across town after the game has stuck with me.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think a lot depends on who you are sitting near.  I was also at the AFCCG in 2010.  Had a great time pre-game.  Hanging out in a bar outside Heinz Field with a bunch of Steeler fans.  Everyone got along great.  Some good natured trash talk, but it was a lot of fun, great group of football fans who just happen to cheer for different teams. My experience in the stands with Steeler fans was different.  Just luck of the draw, who you sit near.

Biggest problem I had with Steeler fans was on the bus back to the hotel after we lost.  The fans were so damn quiet.  Going to the Super Bowl had become so routine to them that it was just another win.  I can only imagine what a bus full of Jet fans will sound like when/if we finally make it.  Memory of that quiet bus ride across town after the game has stuck with me.

I did describe them as spoiled.

I went to Lions game that season also.  Jets were horrible for 56 minutes.  They won anyway with late comeback.  Lions fans walked out numb, like they had seen that show 100 times.  Numb.  Jet fans would have been crushed, angry, something…

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Maybe it is me. Every steeler fan I know with 1 exception is an arrogant a__ when it comes to their team. Not sure if it was the last time they were at the meadowlands or the time before, but we sucked and ended up beating them. As we are leaving a steeler fan looks at me and  says how does it feel to win your superbowl in October. Now I know, be the better person etc. but I simply lost my mind and  just wanted to choke the living crap out of this guy.

I'm an old man so I probably would have gotten my a__ kicked, but I simply did not care. That type of attitude is what I experience with every Steeler fan I know  - with the one exception.

Maybe the experiernce is different in their home stadium. 

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Maybe it is me. Every steeler fan I know with 1 exception is an arrogant a__ when it comes to their team. Not sure if it was the last time they were at the meadowlands or the time before, but we sucked and ended up beating them. As we are leaving a steeler fan looks at me and  says how does it feel to win your superbowl in October. Now I know, be the better person etc. but I simply lost my mind and  just wanted to choke the living crap out of this guy.

I'm an old man so I probably would have gotten my a__ kicked, but I simply did not care. That type of attitude is what I experience with every Steeler fan I know  - with the one exception.

Maybe the experiernce is different in their home stadium. 

A different mentality.  They are used to winning, and they expect to win.

Just spoiled.  But a positive kind of spoiled. 

I’ve seen ugly in; Miami, Denver, Tampa.

Seen pleasant; in KC, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indy.

Douchebaggy; in Cleveland and Jacksonville.

Numb; in Detroit.  

• nycdan changed the title to Which Road Games Are You Planning To Travel To

I’m going to Green Bay.  Got an Airbnb on Wednesday night based on a leak from a packers writer.  Saw that hotels were crap and expensive and the airbnbs weren’t much better.  Was able to get the nicest cheapest one within a few miles of the stadium. I’ll figure out how to fill it later as I’m sure if I can’t find someone to go, there will be some fans at some point needing a bed

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Green Bay - though getting there is a huge pain in the ass, most of the hotels already sold out (why?!?!?) and the sh*tty ones left are still 300/night.

I made my GB hotel reservation like 20 mins after the schedule announcement and there were only a few rooms at the decent hotels left already.

• Upvote 1

I've got 20 acres of hunting/recreational land in Adams county if you guys can't find a hotel.  It's about 2 hours from Lambeau and 20 minutes to Sand Valley. 

Sleep in your rental car and bring some bug spray lol. 

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I made my GB hotel reservation like 20 mins after the schedule announcement and there were only a few rooms at the decent hotels left already.

Good on you.  For now... I'm staying at the Quality Inn, for $770 which is an absolute travesty.

You can recover my body here:

image.thumb.png.0d2b19315b14b221e7deeddd12218c74.png