Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby out for tonight’s game 6

CSNY

I don’t know how it happened, but I’m surrounded down here by Pittsburgh transplants. We get almost as many Steeler games down here as we do the Panthers.

Then, when a Sunday finally comes when we get another AFC team, they whine all week about not seeing their team (despite the fact there’s a huge Steeler bar right down the road).

I went in there the other night to watch game 5. It was beautiful to see them give up a 2 goal lead 23 minutes away from eliminating us.

One shift, one period at a time. LETS GO RANGERS!!!

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

SHESTERKIN...................PULLED AFTER THE 5TH GOAL IN THE FIRST PERIOD.

He hasn’t been good, I’ll give you that, but Crosby being out is the great equalizer.
We have no answer for him… let’s see what that Gneutzel guy can do without Sid feeding him. 

We can’t lose to a team without their superstar and a third string stiff like Domingue in goal… can we? ?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

SHESTERKIN...................PULLED AFTER THE 5TH GOAL IN THE FIRST PERIOD.

I would think the 3rd stringer that the Penguins are starting would be more likely to give up 5 in the 1st period.  He's due.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

And this belongs in the Jets discussion section because?

Big game tonight It’s not hurting anyone. If the Moderaters choose to move it they will and it won’t be a problem at all 

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

These last 2 games have been so much fun to watch. Garden will be insane Sunday. Was there Wednesday, when they scored the 3rd straight goal to take the lead the floors were shaking, Crowd will not disappoint. 

LETS GO RANGERS!!

Can’t allow Pens to take the crowd out of the game early. Need some glass shaking hits along the boards to feed the frenzy while they wait to get on the board. 
“IIIIgorrrrr” chants will be monumental. He needs to be at his best. Even if Crosby doesn’t play they are a dangerous veteran team. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I would think the 3rd stringer that the Penguins are starting would be more likely to give up 5 in the 1st period.  He's due.

Spot on Tuscany Dominque was so due to let in a bad goal

The game winner from Krieder was as soft as a field full of cotton 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Can’t allow Pens to take the crowd out of the game early. Need some glass shaking hits along the boards to feed the frenzy while they wait to get on the board. 
“IIIIgorrrrr” chants will be monumental. He needs to be at his best. Even if Crosby doesn’t play they are a dangerous veteran team. 

A early quick goal especially if it’s a softie the Garden crowd will blow the roof off the place

I can hear the derisive chants of Looooouie, Looooouie now 

Can’t wait for Sunday @ 7:00pm Should be a good game 

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Back to the Garden for game 7!!!

Jimmy Fallon Dancing GIF by NHL

I love Fallon! Has bought into the whole NY culture. 
Mets & Yankees playing well. 
Jets & Giants having had good drafts

Rangers & Islanders (prior to this season) young and talented)

Brooklyn & Knicks are a debacle. 

25 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Spot on Tuscany Dominque was so due to let in a bad goal

The game winner from Krieder was as soft as a field full of cotton 

The defense has not helped but Igor has let a softie or 2 in, believe Gorgi also. It was nice to have a little puck luck and calls/missed calls go our way finally. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The defense has not helped but Igor has let a softie or 2 in, believe Gorgi also. It was nice to have a little puck luck and calls/missed calls go our way finally. 

Yes… that Rodriguez missed call followed by his retaliation penalty and subsequent Rangers PP goal was huge!

That Kreider game winner was such a fluke. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Yes… that Rodriguez missed call followed by his retaliation penalty and subsequent Rangers PP goal was huge!

That Kreider game winner was such a fluke. 

Definitely was a fluke. Gotta let that puck hit your body. Don’t know what he was doing with his hands, makes up for the game the refs stole from us game 1

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Definitely was a fluke. Gotta let that puck hit your body. Don’t know what he was doing with his hands, makes up for the game the refs stole from us game 1

Unfortunately it doesnt really make up for it, they should have won both games, a goal is goal no matter how flukey or soft.  

Unless the refs take it away from you.

The Rangers need to hit but also need to stay out of the penalty box.  Can take some of those dumb penalties

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Pretty much this whole first round has been must see tv. Hockey playoffs, there’s nothing like it. 

It really is… end-to-end none-stop play. 

11 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Speaking of another Fluke…. Zibs coming out of the PBox and the puck immediately on his stick for the goal. Also the Igor 3-line pass right on Zibs stick was so impressive. Caught Pens by surprise. Kreider getting spun around and finding the puck at his feet after Zibs denied. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Really? I’ll have to check the box score 

I thought on the replay the puck hits Mikas body and deflects in so should have been credited to him.  Then I saw a tweet late last night claiming they made the change.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I thought on the replay the puck hits Mikas body and deflects in so should have been credited to him.  Then I saw a tweet late last night claiming they made the change.  

Not showing in the ESPN box score. Either way sweet win. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not showing in the ESPN box score. Either way sweet win. 

Yeah, I cant find anything right now.  Problem is those box scores are probably from right after the game.

Either way, like you said, it sure was sweet.  Especially that it was what, 1:30ish left?  Didnt have to sweat it out trying to hold on for any length of time

• Upvote 3