The ExChange... Mangold and Sanchez.

Just wondering if the rest of you guys have any thoughts on this?

I'm currently watching the episode with Joe Namath. If you don't know what it is, it's on YouTube it's a podcast with Mangold and Sanchez.

I'm a big fan of things like Saturday Night Live, Pro Wrestling, The Honeymooners, Star Trek, The Michael Kay show ect. I like when they break kfabe and actually are laughing and breaking character. Other people actually laughing for real makes me laugh~

The common theme here is you can actually see the friendship and inside jokes. It just puts a natural smile on my face.

I've always liked Mangold and would love to have a beer with the guy, but I really didn't like Sanchez as a QB. However he's a very cool funny dude. They seem to have an honest and natural camaraderie, and like I said I find myself just smiling when I watch them talking. Pretty cool stuff~

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just wondering if the rest of you guys have any thoughts on this?

I'm currently watching the episode with Joe Namath. If you don't know what it is, it's on YouTube it's a podcast with Mangold and Sanchez.

I'm a big fan of things like Saturday Night Live, Pro Wrestling, The Honeymooners, Star Trek, The Michael Kay show ect. I like when they break kfabe and actually are laughing and breaking character. Other people actually laughing for real makes me laugh~

The common theme here is you can actually see the friendship and inside jokes. It just puts a natural smile on my face.

I've always liked Mangold and would love to have a beer with the guy, but I really didn't like Sanchez as a QB. However he's a very cool funny dude. They seem to have an honest and natural camaraderie, and like I said I find myself just smiling when I watch them talking. Pretty cool stuff~

I like stuff like this too. 

yeah i think that 2009-2010 Jets had a lot of fun. i listen to Bart Scott everyday and he always talks with love of his ex Jets teammates. his name for Sanchez is "Taco". you know Sanchez has to be a good guy to let Bart call him that. 

i think those Rex teams were fun to play for. i was watching a clip on SNY.com which had 6 or 8 Jets from the 2009 or 2010 team. it had Bart, Mangod and Braylon Edwards among others. alot of Jokes and laughing going on. you can tell these guys really liked each other. and that doesn't go away after you retire. good memories.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Sanchez not working out was unfortunate for a lot of reasons but it always stung a little that he seemed like he wanted to be here, wanted to be the face of the franchise and a lot of the players seemed to legitimately like him. 

Agreed, he was such a class act while he was here. He had an issue of beating up himself way too much when things weren’t going his way and it was always so easy to see how down on himself he would get. At the time I didn’t like that about him but with the time that’s passed now I understand that it was because of how badly he wanted to be the face of our franchise and be successful.

• Upvote 3