Henry M. Hertz Presents… videos and links Jet fans may or should be interested in

Talking a big game before ever playing a down.  He's a perfect fit for this franchise!

In all seriousness, I'm happy he's a Jet and I do think he'll be very good.  (He's also very soft-spoken and seems like a great kid).  But I wonder how often that the highest touted RB of a draft class ends up being the best RB in his draft class.  For example, Saquon was taken #2 overall and had massive hype but I'd say that Nick Chubb (taken 35th overall) has been the better player.

• Upvote 1

Given his age I think it's key he produces early since there's not a lot of projection. Fun player though.

The pop/length/strength/aggressiveness/violence - whatever you want to call it - that he plays with kind of makes me think of the guys on those elite Seattle defenses. No one in particular, just the style of play the guys on those defenses seemed to have.

It's fun having a little DL depth where he's a guy who they can find a role for if he earns it instead of them absolutely needing him to play snaps.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, derp said:

Given his age I think it's key he produces early since there's not a lot of projection. Fun player though.

The pop/length/strength/aggressiveness/violence - whatever you want to call it - that he plays with kind of makes me think of the guys on those elite Seattle defenses. No one in particular, just the style of play the guys on those defenses seemed to have.

It's fun having a little DL depth where he's a guy who they can find a role for if he earns it instead of them absolutely needing him to play snaps.

I always wonder about this.  I thought the same thing about some of our other older D linemen and they seemed to take time to settle in.  Shepherd isn't very good, but he seemed lost at first and settled in as a fair rotational piece.  He went to some teeny tiny school, so I guess that might be expected.  The oddest one to me was Pouha.  He came in supposed to be battle ready and looked like crap.  They switched to a 3-4 and he wasn't even nose when DRob was miscast.  They got Jenkins and he was an afterthought.  Jenkins went down in 2009 and Pouha took over and was great.  A 26 year old rookie, he didn't even look solid until he was 30 and played 4 very good years.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I always wonder about this.  I thought the same thing about some of our other older D linemen and they seemed to take time to settle in.  Shepherd isn't very good, but he seemed lost at first and settled in as a fair rotational piece.  He went to some teeny tiny school, so I guess that might be expected.  The oddest one to me was Pouha.  He came in supposed to be battle ready and looked like crap.  They switched to a 3-4 and he wasn't even nose when DRob was miscast.  They got Jenkins and he was an afterthought.  Jenkins went down in 2009 and Pouha took over and was great.  A 26 year old rookie, he didn't even look solid until he was 30 and played 4 very good years.

A solid point. I do think there’s a little distinction between IDL and edge. Interior I think technique is so so key, on the outside it’s more of a one on one matchup where athleticism is huge. Some guys can develop really good technique over time to handle losing a step or two, but I think if he’s not able to win with athleticism + technique early it puts him a little more behind the 8 ball as he continue to age than it does for the interior guys.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I love how everyone has their own show and posts it here.  

And by love I mean hate. 

Seriously. 

It actually makes me want to avoid watching their content. 

Maybe have a sticky post where all these get uploaded into? 

#TeamGreenBean

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, derp said:

A solid point. I do think there’s a little distinction between IDL and edge. Interior I think technique is so so key, on the outside it’s more of a one on one matchup where athleticism is huge. Some guys can develop really good technique over time to handle losing a step or two, but I think if he’s not able to win with athleticism + technique early it puts him a little more behind the 8 ball as he continue to age than it does for the interior guys.

Good point.  I think Clemons will be solid.  What I like about him is that, like Johnson, he seems like he will play the run and can stand up to blockers.  I know this guy has become a boar hunter level meme on the board, but he had 12.5 sacks in his career at A&M.  That is 32 games.  7 came as a 5th year senior and 4 of those were in one game.  I don't think he will offer much as a pass rusher beyond his motor.  Counting his time in JuCo the kid has been out of high school since 2015 and had 16 total sacks.  He is built, but he is a pretty awkward looking runner.