Jump to content

Henry M. Hertz Presents… videos and links Jet fans may or should be interested in


hmhertz
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve tried to watch this guys vlogs several times and each time I shut it off after about 2 min. I can’t take it. Nothing personal but I just can’t take it. I almost want to shoot myself after about 1 min but I give him 1 more minute to say something interesting and it just never comes. Maybe your a numbers guy Frankie but a vlogger - nope. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Talking a big game before ever playing a down.  He's a perfect fit for this franchise!

In all seriousness, I'm happy he's a Jet and I do think he'll be very good.  (He's also very soft-spoken and seems like a great kid).  But I wonder how often that the highest touted RB of a draft class ends up being the best RB in his draft class.  For example, Saquon was taken #2 overall and had massive hype but I'd say that Nick Chubb (taken 35th overall) has been the better player.

Fair point but I think you're using a very bad example. Saquon's issues aren't related to his skill set. He's just been injured. His rookie year he had 1300 rushing yards and 11 rushing tds. He also had a whopping 91 cat he's for 700 yards and 4td receptions. If he stays healthy he is head and shoulders above Chubb. And if you look at some of the top rbs selected I'd say they fair pretty well. 

I do think value can be found later but look at Hall's tape and stats. The kid is a beast and a star in the making in my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Talking a big game before ever playing a down.  He's a perfect fit for this franchise!

In all seriousness, I'm happy he's a Jet and I do think he'll be very good.  (He's also very soft-spoken and seems like a great kid).  But I wonder how often that the highest touted RB of a draft class ends up being the best RB in his draft class.  For example, Saquon was taken #2 overall and had massive hype but I'd say that Nick Chubb (taken 35th overall) has been the better player.

Running backs taken in round 2 in recent years: Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, D’Andre Swift, Javonte Williams.

Round 2 is the sweet spot for a top end RB and we’ve got one with Breece. I’ve been waiting for this for years. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gale Sayers was more elusive and a better player than Barry Sanders.

Sanders like Saquan  played tag on the football field stopping and

starting losing yardage on a high percentage of his carries. Sayers

was magic in the open field. Never stopping or going backwards

losing yardage.  Sayers used his amazing cutting ability to cut

off his linemen's blocks. Don't get me wrong Sanders was great

but like Barkley he doesn't  lose yards playing tag

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sperm Edwards changed the title to Merged hmhertz videos of himself
13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I’m merging these last few and will dump future thread starter videos here no matter who’s posting them. Or we’ll just delete them if they get even more out of hand. 

Write out your thoughts so people can read them.

Not All Heroes Wear Capes Nerd GIF by Verohallinto

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sperm Edwards changed the title to Merged hmhertz-posted videos
13 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Breece Hall first round pick in fantasy this year

Overall #1 in Dynasty Leagues.  When was the last time a NY Jet was chosen overall #1 in any kind of fantasy league?  Maybe he'll be a late round 1/early round 2 in redraft leagues.  Remember, Carter will get close to half of the carries.  Hall and Carter, for that reason, aren't ideal fantasy choices. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I’m merging these last few and will dump future thread starter videos here no matter who’s posting them. Or we’ll just delete them if they get even more out of hand. 

Write out your thoughts so people can read them.

You're giving us to much credited for our educational background.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Overall #1 in Dynasty Leagues.  When was the last time a NY Jet was chosen overall #1 in any kind of fantasy league?  Maybe he'll be a late round 1/early round 2 in redraft leagues.  Remember, Carter will get close to half of the carries.  Hall and Carter, for that reason, aren't ideal fantasy choices. 

Thinking it’ll be closer to 67-33 a split in favor of Breece. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's no greater punishment on JN than having all your dumb threads restricted to one.  It's like purgatory.  hmhertz just got kelly'd.  

I have a theory that Kelly is Doom Prophet. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I’m merging these last few and will dump future thread starter videos here no matter who’s posting them. Or we’ll just delete them if they get even more out of hand. 

Write out your thoughts so people can read them.

Yeah I think we’re all over the ******* homework assignments at this point. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's no greater punishment on JN than having all your dumb threads restricted to one.  It's like purgatory.  hmhertz just got kelly'd.  

The first time I remember it happening was Smizzy doing it to JetsRule128. Smizzy was so damn mad with every new thread.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

The first time I remember it happening was Smizzy doing it to JetsRule128. Smizzy was so damn mad with every new thread.

Please bring it back. Please. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2022 at 2:59 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

This dude is a beast and I believe is going to pay dividends right out of the gate.  I think he is going to see the field plenty on rushing downs.  Him and Conky are going to be the 2 guys I think are going to produce at a high level that no one is expecting.

Your'e not kidding.  After watching his tape, I wonder how he lasted until the 4th round?  It could be his age; I think he is 25 years old.  But who cares?  At the age of 25, he could easily play the next 7 or 8 years at a high level.  

I chalk it up to really good scouting.  I never heard of the guy until the Jets drafted him.  

It means nothing, but Clemons has my full endorsement.  I can't wait to see him on the football field. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • slats changed the title to Henry M. Hertz Presents… videos and links Jet fans may or should be interested in

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...