Henry M. Hertz Presents… videos and links Jet fans may or should be interested in

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I used to live in the same town as @Pac. True story

Fairports finest rounded you up and drove you to the edge of town letting you know not to come back.  You were like a loquacious Rambo without the strength, toughness, intelligence, or rugged good looks. 

Basically a garden variety vagrant.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m in a bar and some guy starts talking Jets with me (my personal nightmare) and we start talking about Zach (I’m diplomatic) and then he mentions Darnold, and how Gase ruined Darnold, and I bring up that, actually, Maccagnan was a domestic terrorist, and he says that Maccagnan had a “great draft” that offseason and now we’re sitting in stony, contemptuous silence. Like, bro, Jachai Polite? Might break this glass over his dome.

Did you get on the piano and start singing great balls of fire?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

“Welcome Back My Friends”

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

My avatar

First heard him play was with King Crimson

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Yours really is Brain Salad  Surgery… I think of Welcome back my friends as the live 3 album set BUT Im cutting hairs! 

I have had the ending to Third Impression running non-stop in my head.  "But I gave you life...What else would you do...To do what was right...I'm perfect... Are you?"  (at 8:12 in the video.)  Genius.  Greg Lake's voice is incredible.

A few years back, I went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Play it Loud Exhibit and actually stood in front of Keith's keyboard rig.  (Also Jimmy Page's Zoso Marshall.) I was surprised at how emotional a moment it was for me.  Always had a special place in my heart for ELP.   As much as I love all their albums, Trilogy just blows me away.

EDIT:  Oops, forgot the video.  Listen to this gorgeous piece of music.  What a voice on Greg Lake.

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I have had the ending to Third Impression running non-stop in my head.  "But I gave you life...What else would you do...To do what was right...I'm perfect... Are you?"  (at 8:12 in the video.)  Genius.  Greg Lake's voice is incredible.

A few years back, I went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Play it Loud Exhibit and actually stood in front of Keith's keyboard rig.  (Also Jimmy Page's Zoso Marshall.) I was surprised at how emotional a moment it was for me.  Always had a special place in my heart for ELP.   As much as I love all their albums, Trilogy just blows me away.

EDIT:  Oops, forgot the video.  Listen to this gorgeous piece of music.  What a voice on Greg Lake.

Trust me….  I totally get it.  End of KN part 3, the stereo mix. Back in the 70s, that was kool.  LOVE Trilogy….  I remember my brother and i trying to decipher the words.  “ Just a place where I can hang my pride”.  

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m in a bar and some guy starts talking Jets with me (my personal nightmare) and we start talking about Zach (I’m diplomatic) and then he mentions Darnold, and how Gase ruined Darnold, and I bring up that, actually, Maccagnan was a domestic terrorist, and he says that Maccagnan had a “great draft” that offseason and now we’re sitting in stony, contemptuous silence. Like, bro, Jachai Polite? Might break this glass over his dome.

Does he have a Youtube channel? 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Yours really is Brain Salad  Surgery… I think of Welcome back my friends as the live 3 album set BUT Im cutting hairs! 

Can you believe that was nearly 50 years ago?!

Crazy. I was 11 at the time being raised on my two older Brothers music AlmannBros, Doobie Bros. Derek & Dominos, Moody Blues.  Tull etc. 
That ELP Triple Album release was such a mind blowing musical romp. Incredible musicians

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

No the line is from Karen Evil 9 on Brain Salad Surgery.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Can you believe that was nearly 50 years ago?!

Crazy. I was 11 at the time being raised on my two older Brothers music AlmannBros, Doobie Bros. Derek & Dominos, Moody Blues.  Tull etc. 
That ELP Triple Album release was such a mind blowing musical romp. Incredible musicians

Me too man!!!!!  I bought a guitar to learn top play Lucky Man. Then a bass. A few years later I was playing bass in the orchestra.  I have a signed Trilogy album in my "music room" at my home.  

0.jpg

• Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Me too man!!!!!  I bought a guitar to learn top play Lucky Man. Then a bass. A few years later I was playing bass in the orchestra.  I have a signed Trilogy album in my "music room" at my home.  

0.jpg

I’m assuming that’s the room you play guitar in naked. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, munchmemory said:

This live clip of "Hoedown" never ceases to amaze me.  Stunning playing all around.  No idea how Carl Palmer keeps up with Keith Emerson's incredible pace and dexterity.

Saw Carl Palmer a year ago and he still amazes, him and Bruford where the two best rock drummers I ever heard back in the day.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Saw Carl Palmer a year ago and he still amazes, him and Bruford where the two best rock drummers I ever heard back in the day.

Difficult to argue those choices.  Totally different feel than Bonham, Moon or Peart.  Almost like they were playing a rock-jazz hybrid before fusion came around.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Difficult to argue those choices.  Totally different feel than Bonham, Moon or Peart.  Almost like they were playing a rock-jazz hybrid before fusion came around.

Agree, all were great drummers.  I saw Bonham early and late Zep and Moon on a off night.  

Bonham banged the hell out of his kit. 

• Upvote 1