Henry M. Hertz Presents… videos and links Jet fans may or should be interested in

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Difficult to argue those choices.  Totally different feel than Bonham, Moon or Peart.  Almost like they were playing a rock-jazz hybrid before fusion came around.

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree, all were great drummers.  I saw Bonham early and late Zep and Moon on a off night.  

Bonham banged the hell out of his kit. 

I agree but a few years back I saw the Aristocrats. Just mind blowing.  Marco Minneman is as good as it gets.  My jaw dropped and I am NOT a big drummer fan.   He is IMO as good as it gets. In the conversation.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I agree but a few years back I saw the Aristocrats. Just mind blowing.  Marco Minneman is as good as it gets.  My jaw dropped and I am NOT a big drummer fan.   He is IMO as good as it gets. In the conversation.

Thanks for this, southpark.  I do not know much about Minnemann's work.  In this clip, he's making the "Bonham triplet" look like...yawn...just a simple little thing.  lol  Geez.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Instead of complaining about Henry's posting style,  how about talking about the content of this podcast. I don't  care if it's  practice in June. Zach still running  around like a chicken without a head, still missing 5 yard passes, still making throws that are hospital shots. Yeah, he at least has developed  to the point he knows what he doing wrong but he shouldn't  be throwing short passes behind receivers, he shouldn't  be scrambling when nobody is wearing pads.

Because he said theres no reason to panic, its padless OTAs, without any intensity, no reason to freak out, no reason to think they have a bust on their hands or the season is lost, lots of new faces and its going to take time to get used to each other and he just expected more in the 4 practice out of of 9 weeks of practices?  About what 4-8 hours of work   

Who cares, these are meaningless practices.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Everything matters. 

He watched less than a handful of the practices over 9 weeks so no, 4 OTA days that he saw dont matter.  Players on voluntary practices the first time on the field together in May mean nothing 

Just as Ciminis earlier reporting of ZW looking good mean nothing

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because he said theres no reason to panic, its padless OTAs, without any intensity, no reason to freak out, no reason to think they have a bust on their hands or the season is lost, lots of new faces and its going to take time to get used to each other and he just expected more in the 4 out of of 9 weeks of practices?  

Who cares, these are meaningless practices.  

Exactly my point except for the whole cares part. There is no contact. Why does Zach feel he has to scramble out of the pocket when he feels pressure? This was a huge issue last season. If he should ever feel confident in stepping up in the pocket, it's now.

Why is he still off target throwing short passes, especially  in practice where it should just be pitch and catch. There is no reason to miss on a short pass lime that at this level. It was a problem last season and it is still a problem from what he said. 

Instead of being Mr. This is all fine, answer the two questions. I would really like to know your take. Are you implying it's  practice and Zach doesn't  care for some reason so  he is being lazy?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Exactly my point except for the whole cares part. There is no contact. Why does Zach feel he has to scramble out of the pocket when he feels pressure? This was a huge issue last season. If he should ever feel confident in stepping up in the pocket, it's now?

Why is he still off target throwing short passes especially  in practice where it should just be pitch and catch. There is no reason to miss on a short pass lime that at this level. It was a problem last season and it is still a problem from what he said. 

Instead of being Mr. This is all fine, answer the two questions. I would really like to know your take. Are you implying it's  practice and Zach doesn't  care for some reason  he is being lazy?

Because its practice and you do things because you know you can?  You throw passes that you wouldnt in a game.  You scramble out of a pocket because no one is there to touch you?  

Not getting how you know he was still off target on short passes.  Or that it was last season because of a handful of games where he was and then he wasnt.  The worst overblown reaction from last season.  

Who the hell thinks that about ZW?  Everything about him says he cares and nothing says hes lazy.  Because of a handful of passes?  Come on 

• Upvote 2

Exactly my point except for the whole cares part. There is no contact. Why does Zach feel he has to scramble out of the pocket when he feels pressure? This was a huge issue last season. If he should ever feel confident in stepping up in the pocket, it's now.
Why is he still off target throwing short passes, especially  in practice where it should just be pitch and catch. There is no reason to miss on a short pass lime that at this level. It was a problem last season and it is still a problem from what he said. 
Instead of being Mr. This is all fine, answer the two questions. I would really like to know your take. Are you implying it's  practice and Zach doesn't  care for some reason so  he is being lazy?
My take .. OTAs brah.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because its practice and you do things because you know you can?  You throw passes that you wouldnt in a game.  You scramble out of a pocket because no one is there to touch you?  

Not getting how you know he was still off target on short passes.  Or that it was last season because of a handful of games where he was and then he wasnt.  The worst overblown reaction from last season.  

Who the hell thinks that about ZW?  Everything about him says he cares and nothing says hes lazy.  Because of a handful of passes?  Come on 

Handful of games? 3/4 games he was horrible at completing  short passes. I believe he had the worst short pass completion percentage of all the starting QB's. Why would you throw a short pass behind a WR ever? Because it's  practice and you can? Do you know how completely absurd that is? And as far as scambling, you never want to see your QB doing that. That is a broken play. We aren't  talking about a rollout with a moving pocket. Conner said he was turning a normal practice into a scramble drill. He has to learn to step up in the pocket when there is pressure. All the great QB's do it. Do you see Rogers scramble ever? No, you don't,  he takes a few steps to get away from the pressure and throws. That is the goal. 

How do I know he was off target? Did you listen to the podcast because if not, you have no business even responding to me. Unless we are to believe this guy who spent 4 days watching OTA's doesn't  know what he is looking at he was off target. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Handful of games? 3/4 games he was horrible at completing  short passes. I believe he had the worst short pass completion percentage of all the starting QB's. Why would you throw a short pass behind a WR ever? Because it's  practice and you can? Do you know how completely absurd that is? And as far as scambling, you never want to see your QB doing that. That is a broken play. We aren't  talking about a rollout with a moving pocket. Conner said he was turning a normal practice into a scramble drill. He has to learn to step up in the pocket when there is pressure. All the great QB's do it. Do you see Rogers scramble ever? No, you don't,  he takes a few steps to get away from the pressure and throws. That is the goal. 

How do I know he was off target? Did you listen to the podcast because if not, you have no business even responding to me. Unless we are to believe this guy who spent 4 days watching OTA's doesn't  know what he is looking at he was off target. 

3/4s of his games?  No, not true.  
I didn’t say he threw behind players at practices, I don’t know if he did or didn’t because of a practice.  
im stopping because it’s absurd to draw conclusions and dissect a practice as if it has deep meaning, you want to that’s fine.  I’ve been following football to long to act as you are over a practice 

This isn’t anything new. We have seen it over and over again. Last years training camp and the majority of the games , especially early on. He wasn’t statistically worse QB in the NFL last year  by accident. It’s ok if people start thinking it may be something that can’t be fixed, not sure I’m able to convince myself it is, but I’m going to try. Thankfully with this roster, if he looks as bad as he may Joe Flacco if he can stay healthy is more than capable of making a playoff run with this roster. 

Also, none of this is Henry’s fault for posting this video. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

3/4s of his games?  No, not true.  
I didn’t say he threw behind players at practices, I don’t know if he did or didn’t because of a practice.  
im stopping because it’s absurd to draw conclusions and dissect a practice as if it has deep meaning, you want to that’s fine.  I’ve been following football to long to act as you are over a practice 

Fine, our QB had accuracy  issues on short passes for about 3/4 of the games he played last season and in OTA's this year he still has the same problem and is part of a group of players that was described as fallers, but nothing to see here. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Instead of complaining about Henry's posting style,  how about talking about the content of this podcast. I don't  care if it's  practice in June. Zach still running  around like a chicken without a head, still missing 5 yard passes, still making throws that are hospital shots. Yeah, he at least has developed  to the point he knows what he doing wrong but he shouldn't  be throwing short passes behind receivers, he shouldn't  be scrambling when nobody is wearing pads.

It's easier for them to rip on the old goat, Henry, than to acknowledge that Zach Wilson is looking terrible to start 2022.  

If Zach is terrible again, then get a vet in here for 2023.

• Thumb Down 1