Henry M. Hertz Presents… videos and links Jet fans may or should be interested in

21 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

This.

What I think is more probable: Zach makes a measured (smaller than expected) "leap" from year 1 to year 2. He has high and low games. The coaches say "it's a process" and Saleh keeps preaching that you just have to give a player 3 years to know what you really got because players develop at different levels.

Methinks that we're in it with Zach through 2023 no matter what. I actually think the kid will work out, but he's not showing it yet. 

I respectfully disagree (slightly)  I mean I don't expect a massive jump - as he just has a very long way to go.

But I would expect the CS/GM would need to see real improvement.  I know we all love going off stats, but that's not really what these guys will be looking for.

They'll be watching his footwork, his accuracy, his timing, his control of the offense etc.  And overall how much better he is at commanding an NFL offense.  The kinds of things we won't really be able to tell without watching massive amounts of all-22's.  They'll see him every day in practice - they'll know if he's growing or not.

If they believe he can eventually get to that top 10 QB level - even if he's still off....they'll stick with him.

If they think he's just not getting it - and progressing slowly, they will surely bring in a legit NFL caliber QB.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Instead of complaining about Henry's posting style,  how about talking about the content of this podcast. I don't  care if it's  practice in June. Zach still running  around like a chicken without a head, still missing 5 yard passes, still making throws that are hospital shots. Yeah, he at least has developed  to the point he knows what he doing wrong but he shouldn't  be throwing short passes behind receivers, he shouldn't  be scrambling when nobody is wearing pads.

So if Zach looks ok when we see him will you agree it’s fair to try to run this clown out of town?

Im not a monster.  We can send him out with a mirror so he’ll always be happy. 

14 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

So if Zach looks ok when we see him will you agree it’s fair to try to run this clown out of town?

No.  Not ok.  Henry is an old highly eccentric loyal Jets fan.  It is a great idea to harness his threads into the one...  removes the problem entirely, unless you elect to open the thread.  Anyone who complains after opening the thread, chose all by himself to make himself angry.  Children.  Suggestion: don't open it.  Do we all really need to respond like Henry is an axe-murderer?  Give the old goat a break.  He lives and breathes NY Jets.  He's been around longer than almost all of us. Keep him in his Henry thread like Kelly and you'll be just fine

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dcat said:

No.  Not ok.  Henry is an old highly eccentric loyal Jets fan.  Gret idea to harness his threads into one...  removes the problem.  ANyone who complains chose all by himself to open the Henry thread.  Suggestion: don't open it  Do we all really need to respond like he's an axe-murderer?  Give the old goat a break.  He lives and breathes NY Jets.  He's been around longer than almost all of us.

Connor Hughes 

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Connor Hughes 

what about him?  He was a good beat reporter who has turned to the dubious side now.  Maybe he accidentally touched the Manish Mehta petri dish in the fridge.  Or is it a peach tree dish?  Not sure.  I'm dumb as a doorbell.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I respectfully disagree (slightly)  I mean I don't expect a massive jump - as he just has a very long way to go.

But I would expect the CS/GM would need to see real improvement.  I know we all love going off stats, but that's not really what these guys will be looking for.

They'll be watching his footwork, his accuracy, his timing, his control of the offense etc.  And overall how much better he is at commanding an NFL offense.  The kinds of things we won't really be able to tell without watching massive amounts of all-22's.  They'll see him every day in practice - they'll know if he's growing or not.

If they believe he can eventually get to that top 10 QB level - even if he's still off....they'll stick with him.

If they think he's just not getting it - and progressing slowly, they will surely bring in a legit NFL caliber QB.

Hope it works out this way.  I just think he’ll be better but we won’t know if he have a long time QB yet. I think he’ll be straddling the line. Again, I hope there’s clarity. 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

what about him?  He was a good beat reporter who has turned to the dubious side now.  Maybe he accidentally touched the Manish Mehta petri dish in the fridge.  Or is it a peach tree dish?  Not sure.  I'm dumb as a doorbell.

I was saying run Connor Hughes out of town if it’s later apparent he’s feeding us a bunch of crap.  Never was saying to run our poster out lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Hope it works out this way.  I just think he’ll be better but we won’t know if he have a long time QB yet. I think he’ll be straddling the line. Again, I hope there’s clarity. 

If he's straddling the line and I think they'll have to bring in legit competition.  This team has a 4 year window.  They can't afford to waste another year if he doesn't show himself to be a legitimate franchise QB next year.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I was saying run Connor Hughes out of town if it’s later apparent he’s feeding us a bunch of crap.  Never was saying to run our poster out lol. 

ahhhhh, I see...  Was going with the flow from the rest of the thread.  The beasts have their pitchforks out.  

I'll tell you something..... if the Jets win a championship in the next several years, the first person I would want to high five is HHertz.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I really don't  understand what you mean. If hebplays well, why would I want him gone?

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  understand what you mean. If hebplays well, why would I want him gone?

Connor.   I have the feeling he’s playing up the drama for clicks.  We are stuck seeing OTAs through a filter of the beat.  

“Zach is TERRIBLE” but then you find out he was connecting on long passes and completed 65% or something like that against a better defense.  A FQB still makes bad throws.  

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Instead of complaining about Henry's posting style,  how about talking about the content of this podcast. I don't  care if it's  practice in June. Zach still running  around like a chicken without a head, still missing 5 yard passes, still making throws that are hospital shots. Yeah, he at least has developed  to the point he knows what he doing wrong but he shouldn't  be throwing short passes behind receivers, he shouldn't  be scrambling when nobody is wearing pads.

Haven't you heard? if someone reports something that you don't want to hear or deal with, that reporter is a dumb poopy pants 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I’d bet that he feels the Jets burned him. After giving him a lot of solid info that no one else got, they also played him with the potential to draft Ekwonu and move on from Becton stuff that we were getting fed pre-draft (and still from those who continue to believe it). 

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You would’ve made an excellent line captain for village mob back in 17th century Salem.

5 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Thanks.  If I was forced to guess one person who had an inverted penis I’d guess you.  

It was really hard to resist smashing this one 400 yards down the fairway. 

Just wanted you to know that.

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Connor.   I have the feeling he’s playing up the drama for clicks.  We are stuck seeing OTAs through a filter of the beat.  

“Zach is TERRIBLE” but then you find out he was connecting on long passes and completed 65% or something like that against a better defense.  A FQB still makes bad throws.  

1 hour ago, slats said:

I’d bet that he feels the Jets burned him. After giving him a lot of solid info that no one else got, they also played him with the potential to draft Ekwonu and move on from Becton stuff that we were getting fed pre-draft (and still from those who continue to believe it). 

Well the reality is that I do not trust a single thing that Hughes reports.  I guess that makes him happy?  But it shouldn't, if one is a dedicated reporter.  And another one bites the dust.  Jets beat reporters are a dime a dozen.  

• Upvote 1

This has sort of been the narrative.  I have seen about a half dozen stories like his and one that was positive. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I do get the sense Connor Hughes is a bit PO'd he was lied to during the run-up to the draft.

He was a useful idiot and I don't think he's happy about it - so you never know.  I mean he was really harsh on Zach.  

With that said, he's been pretty consistent and trustworthy so I'll take him at his word until proven otherwise.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Why does that matter? Is that going to fix his accuracy problem?

Preseason is a chance for us to see.  

It’s VERY possible some of the “bad” throws are not being on the same page this early, so It’s fair to want to see.  

Zach needs to be about 10% better and have a couple more explosive plays per game.   He doesn’t need to be perfect.

10 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

It’s VERY possible some of the “bad” throws are not being on the same page this early, so It’s fair to want to see.  

Zach needs to be about 10% better and have a couple more explosive plays per game.   He doesn’t need to be perfect.

Are you suggesting  he isn't  on the same page as the WR on 5 yard crossers? Is that even possible?

I finally listened to the part about Wilson. These are OTAs, so they are not necessarily foreshadowing what you will see out of any of the players this season, however, all of us would have preferred hearing more positive feedback from Hughes re how Wilson looked (especially since Hughes tends to be one of the more optimistic guys on the Jets beat). 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

10% better than what?

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

10% better than what?

In the season.  10% higher completion.  1/10 throws more on target. 

word problem version:

Q: If QB Zach Wilson completes 22/40 of his throws as a rookie , how many more throws does he need to complete to keep his job? 

A: you could say 26/40.  

But you would be wrong.  Zach will always have his job because his cheap ass uncle who never gave him plane tickets once founded Jet Blue. 

• Haha 1