Henry M. Hertz Presents… videos and links Jet fans may or should be interested in

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

ahhhhh, I see...  Was going with the flow from the rest of the thread.  The beasts have their pitchforks out.  

I'll tell you something..... if the Jets win a championship in the next several years, the first person I would want to high five is HHertz.

I was at the Super Bowl parade and have been a Jets fan since the team was formed

and attended games at the Polo Grounds. The only team I hate is the Giants

and you newcomers knew Jets history you would know why!

• Sympathy 2

More of the same issues persisting. Missing layups regularly is just not something good QB’s do.

Some people forget what Zach was drafted to be. He needs to take a serious leap this year and if we’re not hearing/seeing it in August then it’s unlikely to happen when it matters. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

Haven't you heard? if someone reports something that you don't want to hear or deal with, that reporter is a dumb poopy pants 

“He’s not a real journalist. He is secretly rooting for the news to fail.”

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

In the season.  10% higher completion.  1/10 throws more on target. 

word problem version:

Q: If QB Zach Wilson completes 22/40 of his throws as a rookie , how many more throws does he need to complete to keep his job? 

A: you could say 26/40.  

But you would be wrong.  Zach will always have his job because his cheap ass uncle who never gave him plane tickets once founded Jet Blue. 

Boo hoo Zach really has had to overcome so much on his way to 55 percent passing accuracy 

• Haha 2

Just now, jgb said:

“He’s not a real journalist. He is secretly rooting for the news to fail.”

Connor says himself in the podcast if he reported Zach threw 5 touchdowns we'd all accept the good news. We've gotten to the point as always society where people would rather be lied to than hear about the unpleasant facts 

• Upvote 3

Connor's report is very disturbing to me (a known Zach lover), but the reports from all the other days have been good. 

I'm hoping it's still the ups and downs of a young player.  

I'll take 3 good days out of 5 right now and hope he can make it 4 out of 5 by the time the season starts. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Connor says himself in the podcast if he reported Zach threw 5 touchdowns we'd all accept the good news. We've gotten to the point as always society where people would rather be lied to than hear about the unpleasant facts 

He also said Zach should be 100% in 7 on 7 and listed a bunch of good throws Zach made.   The reported stats were all in a fine range.   I’ll wait to see with my own two eyes   

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Connor's report is very disturbing to me (a known Zach lover), but the reports from all the other days have been good. 

I'm hoping it's still the ups and downs of a young player.  

I'll take 3 good days out of 5 right now and hope he can make it 4 out of 5 by the time the season starts. 

They put the stats out and it was fine.  Jets fans click on alarming news more than good news and he’s paid on clicks.  

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

He also said Zach should be 100% in 7 on 7 and listed a bunch of good throws Zach made.   The reported stats were all in a fine range.   I’ll wait to see with my own two eyes   

They put the stats out and it was fine.  Jets fans click on alarming news more than good news and he’s paid on clicks.  

The stats were fine for a live game.  Not for a seven on seven drill.  

It's ok for Zach to have a bad day.  I don't expect him to be perfect everyday until year four. 

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

And when the unpleasant facts come, just accuse the messenger of an agenda then believe whatever you want.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Every reporter is not Manish 

In fact, most of them are fair people who are just trying to do a job 

• Upvote 1

Which headline would get more clicks...

"Zach Wilson Getting Back to Form in OTAs As He Tries to Improve on Rookie Season"

"Zach Wilson's Alarming Accuracy Issues Have Jets Brass Sh!tting Their Pants!"

lol

Sounds like ups and downs with Wilson thus far looking similar to last year.  We'll see what happens.  But you'd better believe that one metric reporters are measured against is how many people are clicking and reading their articles.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Which headline would get more clicks...

"Zach Wilson Getting Back to Form in OTAs As He Tries to Improve on Rookie Season"

"Zach Wilson's Alarming Accuracy Issues Have Jets Brass Sh!tting Their Pants!"

lol

Sounds like ups and down with Wilson thus far looking similar to last year.  We'll see what happens.  But you'd better believe that one metric reporters are measured against is how many people are clicking and reading their articles.

Other teams - the first button would get smashed and the second would get lots less.  

Jets fans on the second negative article:

Button Smash GIF by Jin

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Every reporter is not Manish 

In fact, most of them are fair people who are just trying to do a job 

You have to admit the succulent irony of an ardent supporter of the QB leaning on a stats-based argument, though. Talk about leaving your vitals exposed… if one were so inclined to demolish this argument, that is.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

More of the same issues persisting. Missing layups regularly is just not something good QB’s do.

Some people forget what Zach was drafted to be. He needs to take a serious leap this year and if we’re not hearing/seeing it in August then it’s unlikely to happen when it matters. 

If Zach Attack isn’t looking good facing practice squad guys I wonder how he’ll look facing the Ravens week 1

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Instead of complaining about Henry's posting style,  how about talking about the content of this podcast. 

Probably because there are already other threads discussing these same few throws. So all this is, is a thread by a dude trying to get clicks. And nothing gets clicks in this forum like negativity. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How many times can one be asked NOT to do something and continue to do it anyways?  Like, wtf dude.  Stoppppp.

I legit don't even have words right now. Totally agree with what you wrote.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If he can't hit a 10 yard pass with out throwing behind his wr I would be very worried about this year...

Yawn.   He’s baby soft poop.  Doesn’t have a special arm.  All NFL QBs can make the same throws he does.  He’s not athletic. Small frail and never going to grow.   Can’t throw with accuracy.   Isn’t smart.  A bust at his first scrimmage.  

Weird how his QB coach stayed in town to be associated with Zach for his career growth.  RC should have checked with JN and Connor first.  

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Probably because there are already other threads discussing these same few throws. So all this is, is a thread by a dude trying to get clicks. And nothing gets clicks in this forum like negativity. 

The negative spin on the same topic gets at least double the posts every time lol.  

Only we the fans notice this though.  There is NO WAY the beat who track engagement for a living hace picked up on this trend lol. 

46 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

I legit can't anymore. You were asked nicely 600 times to stop posting threads that have no explanation and just a video. Not everyone has an hour to watch everything.

The banning is only a week, if you decide to come back just post in existing threads. We don't need a new thread for every video out there.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Yawn.   He’s baby soft poop.  Doesn’t have a special arm.  All NFL QBs can make the same throws he does.  He’s not athletic. Small frail and never going to grow.   Can’t throw with accuracy.   Isn’t smart.  A bust at his first scrimmage.  

Weird how his QB coach stayed in town to be associated with Zach for his career growth.  RC should have checked with JN and Connor first.  

Lol I'm just saying we are going to know game 1 for sure. These reports don't seem very reliable considerijg we have seen him throw before

7 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

If Zach Attack isn’t looking good facing practice squad guys I wonder how he’ll look facing the Ravens week 1

Exactly.

If he's going to take the necessary leap then we're almost certain to see signs before then. 

Those open short passes have to be automatic - You just can't miss them with any regularity. The great QB's, which is what we drafted Zach to be, they make even the hard stuff look easy. With Zach to this point everything has been a struggle and that has to stop. 

I'm sure the same posters will be saying it's just training camp or just preseason if he struggles there too. Continuing to miss the point entirely. As Hughes said it's not so much the mistakes in isolation - There's an expectation for improvement that we can't believe in until we see. We aren't seeing it yet. 

• Upvote 1

you can say whatever you want. but the quote that stands out to me is that peyton manning and joe montana would say "i should make 100% of my passes in 7 on 7". the fact that he is looking inaccurate and making bad decisions is concerning. sure he is only a year 2 quarterback, but still it doesn't sound like he is playing well right now. like he said....a strong mini camp or a strong training camp erases all this, but the fact remains that we should hope to see zach playing well. lets hope the next 2 days show an improvement and he just needed to knock some rust off. missing the short passes is a problem though. those should be automatic 5 yards every time

On 5 yard passes we are concerned about the WR and the QB being on the same page? 

Who said he’s struggling with specifically this in OTAs? And yes it’s possible to not be on the same page. For example if a WR is breaking a certain way and Zach expects him to break the other way and the ball sails, but yea let’s chalk that up to “accuracy issues”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, tfine said:

Who said he’s struggling with specifically this in OTAs? And yes it’s possible to not be on the same page. For example if a WR is breaking a certain way and Zach expects him to break the other way and the ball sails, but yea let’s chalk that up to “accuracy issues”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The guy was Connor Hughes. He said he witnessed  this. 

And on a 5 yard drag, the QB should be able to get the ball where he wants in an instant. This isn't throwing the ball 30 or 40 yards in the air where he has to lead the reciever. In a 5 or even 10 yard box, the ball should arrive in less than a second so the QB should be able to throw the ball to which ever side the WR is running to after he makes the break unless we are talking  about Pennington type ball speed. They don't  need to be on the same page, he just needs to see which way he is running. This is the NFL, not some backyard where we would run in circles trying to get open. 

• Upvote 1

While I could very well be wrong, these short pass accuracy issues seem to be a just a matter of getting the timing down with his wr's. In which case is makes sense because he didn't have the timing down from last year due to injuries and also has new targets.

That is the only justification I can come up with that makes sense regarding the lack of accuracy on short passes. By preseason game one this one issue should be resolved by the sheer repetition of training camp.

If not? Then........

He just might be an over drafted kid from a small school that fooled a heck of a lot of people prior to the draft. He wouldn't be the first one.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2