Six To Eight QB's Going In Round One Next Year - 2023

This new mock has 6 QB's going in round one.  

By the time the 2022 season is in the books, I think it will be even more.   Probably 8.    2023 is going to eclipse 1983 by a good margin.  And, YES... There is that much talent at the QB position coming out next year.

I HOPE Wilson works out, but if he does not... The remedy is right here in this little link

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2023-nfl-mock-draft-quarterbacks-fly-off-board-in-first-round/ar-AAXkHEl?cvid=f415de5d71204adea182458f1fec94c7

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

My goodness.  Jet fans just cant help themselves.  Already opening up threads about replacing the qb.

Its a disease.

Zach won't be here forever.  Plus we're going to need to make room for Arch Manning at some point.

• Upvote 1

I'll start thinking about what QB's are available in the 2023 Draft after the season.  If needed.

For now, months before the 2022 season starts, I'd prefer to think about how Zach might do with this now-quite-talented Jets Offensive roster.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Zach won't be here forever.  Plus we're going to need to make room for Arch Manning at some point.

He has as much of a chance as being our QB as any of the 6-8 QBs will have a year from now 

The real takeaway is that, no matter what, we need to end up with multiple 1st rounders so we can take advantage of teams looking to trade up, OR so we can move up ourselves, if needed.

Quick:  Who can we trade to Seattle to make this happen?  Quinnen?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, varjet said:

If the Jets are bad enough this year to pick another top/rated QB, and that bad is at least partially attributable to Zach Wilson, they should take another QB. 

I’ll do you one better.

If Zack is good, but we’re still in position to draft a prospect that we feel is better long term.

Don’t hesitate. Every position should be constantly considered for upgrade every offseason.

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

This new mock has 6 QB's going in round one.  

By the time the 2022 season is in the books, I think it will be even more.   Probably 8.    2023 is going to eclipse 1983 by a good margin.  And, YES... There is that much talent at the QB position coming out next year.

I HOPE Wilson works out, but if he does not... The remedy is right here in this little link

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2023-nfl-mock-draft-quarterbacks-fly-off-board-in-first-round/ar-AAXkHEl?cvid=f415de5d71204adea182458f1fec94c7

Bro it’s been nothing but beautiful outside take a break nobody has a clue about next years draft today.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Bro it’s been nothing but beautiful outside take a break nobody has a clue about next years draft today.

Ha ! Spent 8 hours in working in the yard/garden this past Saturday and yesterday a 20 mil bicycle ride.  

2 hours ago, varjet said:

If the Jets are bad enough this year to pick another top/rated QB, and that bad is at least partially attributable to Zach Wilson, they should take another QB. 

Top QB's will be going from #1 overall to #32 overall.  YES, there are going to be that many of them

It’s difficult to imagine what sort of disaster would have to occur for the Jets to make the decision to draft another QB next year. I’d put the odds roughly at < .5%.  

If Zach doesn’t show them enough -whatever that may be- I’d expect a marginal starting caliber QB (think: Mariota, Trunisky) to be brought in to push him from behind or take over if need be. These guys would not be in position to take another rookie QB in such a situation, they’d be looking to either salvage Zach or demonstrate (thru the backup) that the team they’re building is capable of winning, and that their jobs are worth preserving. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s difficult to imagine what sort of disaster would have to occur for the Jets to make the decision to draft another QB next year. I’d put the odds roughly at < .5%.  

If Zach doesn’t show them enough -whatever that may be- I’d expect a marginal starting caliber QB (think: Mariota, Trunisky) to be brought in to push him from behind or take over if need be. These guys would not be in position to take another rookie QB in such a situation, they’d be looking to either salvage Zach or demonstrate (thru the backup) that the team they’re building is capable of winning, and that their jobs are worth preserving. 

If Zach regresses or even has the same season that he just had, I could see JD drafting another QB (should it be feasible)

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Zach regresses or even has the same season that he just had, I could see JD drafting another QB (should it be feasible)

If Zach has a poor to middling year, JD gets two choices. He can ride and die with Zach and hope he makes a jump the 3rd year or Steve Keim his ass and hope he can pick a new one that's good. 

JD both held onto Darnold too long and then canned him to draft Zach. I'm not entirely sure what he'd do, but I think he'd end up going the ride and die route. I don't see him drafting another QB. 

• Upvote 1