Jump to content

Brady Quinn sh*ts all over Jets/Say 5 wins or under


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Still remember hearing Solomon Wilcots analysis pre-draft the year Quinn was projected to go in the 1st Rd by pretty much everyone, the only question was “how high?”.

Wilcots said he had watched lots of Quinn tape and flatly pretty much said “1st Rd?!?!, this guy can’t play in the NFL, he misses way too many wide open looks, and he’s not going to ever see that in the league.  He can’t make tight window throws”.......Quinn’s agent called him practically immediately begging him to rescind his commentary supposedly, knowing he was costing his client millions.

Then the draft came, the Browns took the bait, probably driven because the guy is from Ohio and his so called “career” speaks for itself.  Wilcots was bullseye.

I wouldn’t listen to a word the guy says.  I’m pretty sure the Jets are going to be a “tough out” for just about every team they play this year, and that’s ok, they’re definitely building something positive and definitely appear to have a Plan.

I googled him… he played a lot longer than i thought. 8 years or so.  BUT he was a waste…..

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

$****y former player turned analyst who no one pays attention to has a preposterous yet possible hot take hoping it will make people remember he exists.

Color me shocked.

It's sad what these washed up guys gotta do for a paycheck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mark Sanchez also had jets winning 13 the Darnold mono year, started the first half of that seasons first gamelooking like a great team, I was dancing around in my college apartment with my friends talking about Super Bowl, then the Mosley injury and the rest is history 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Some clown who is Saying we will be 0-9 at the bye and Zach Wilson is going be a bust. 
 

Like what the Jets do to piss in his cereal

So a clown said something and it needed to be its own thread?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The hard truth is Brady Quinn could be right.

The Jets have done almost everything right with roster construction the past two years but every single optimistic outlook is based on projections about what a more talented roster CAN do. Rookies usually don’t set the league on fire. Rookies can bust. Second year guys showed promise but nobody has proven to be elite or lights out. We had zero probowlers outside of ST. 

The Jets have taken the first step; assembling talent. We can feel rightfully good where we’re at.  There’s just m no way to know because every single positive is a projection and not a track record. 
 

It could go either way probably ends up in the middle.  Jets are wildly young. Some will overachieve, some disappoint, some get injured. Lots of new players learning new systems. 
 

It could go either way.

True.  But if half the rookies hit, this team will be much improved and I think this will be another very good class.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I alternate between cautious optimism that Zach will play well, and high anxiety that Zach will be a bottom 5 QB. 
 

His floor was soo low, and the “high” of the last 5 games was encouraging but still only brought him up to 31st or 32nd best qb.

If I’m being honest, I felt more confident in Sam after his rookie season, but weirdly more hopeful about Zach.  

All said - it’s agony to have to wait…  It’s a strange “QB PTSD” (not trying to minimize actual PTSD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

The hard truth is Brady Quinn could be right.

The Jets have done almost everything right with roster construction the past two years but every single optimistic outlook is based on projections about what a more talented roster CAN do. Rookies usually don’t set the league on fire. Rookies can bust. Second year guys showed promise but nobody has proven to be elite or lights out. We had zero probowlers outside of ST. 

The Jets have taken the first step; assembling talent. We can feel rightfully good where we’re at.  There’s just m no way to know because every single positive is a projection and not a track record. 
 

It could go either way probably ends up in the middle.  Jets are wildly young. Some will overachieve, some disappoint, some get injured. Lots of new players learning new systems. 
 

It could go either way.

If we aren’l truly 1-8 or 0-9  like quinn suggests at the bye I don’t want to hear “we are young”. We have veterans on both sides of the line. Our starting TE is a veteran. Berrios and Davis been around at WR. Cj Mosley leading thenD. Whitehead and reed have been around at CB and safety. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

If we aren’l truly 1-8 or 0-9  like quinn suggests at the bye I don’t want to hear “we are young”. We have veterans on both sides of the line. Our starting TE is a veteran. Berrios and Davis been around at WR. Cj Mosley leading thenD. Whitehead and reed have been around at CB and safety. 

Even the people who say they wouldn't be pissed would be pissed - Fans are more fickle than they like to think. It's easy to preach patience before the fact. 0-9 would be so bad that everyone in the building would be under pressure. It would have to mean Zach is failing spectacularly. 

I doubt it will happen. There's some winnable games there and upsets happen. We'll steal one or two and beat some others. We better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

**** this guy. His stupid smug take is just devoid of facts as well. Let’s remind him at the end of season how he was wrong 

 

Lmao, yeah, Josh Allen was below average his second season. Wasnt until year 5 that Peyton Manning completed 65% of his passes and had 23 INTs in his 5th season. Zach Wilson's expectations to everyone that doesnt count are ridiculous.  Zach Wilson is going nowhere no matter what his season looks like. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

**** this guy. His stupid smug take is just devoid of facts as well. Let’s remind him at the end of season how he was wrong 

 

Can we get @DoomProphet to do a video compilation of bad Brady Quinn predictions so we can talk about all the Brady Quinn fans having a melt down in the comments?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

ESPN just came out with a new Power Rankings. Jets are 29.

This team just needs to come out playing hard and win some games this year. Look competent. Shut these pundits up. 

Not watching this video, and power rankings don’t mean much, either. For some reason, us Jet fans are passionate, and these guys love riling us up. 
 
I’m excited about this young Jets team, but it is really young. All the enthusiasm surrounding them is the potential horsepower of a handful of first and second year year players who haven’t proven anything yet, so I get these kinds of takes. The Jets have sucked for a long time, the national media expecting them to continue to suck is no surprise. It’s up to the Jets to do the surprising. Gonna be a long 3-4 months, lol. We’re gonna hear a lot of this sorta crap until they get to do something on the field that changes some minds. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...