Brady Quinn sh*ts all over Jets/Say 5 wins or under

7 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

some don’t like to get railed on and some enjoy it

light a cig if you want - it’s cool 

Some of us are whiney little snowflakes who seem to need a safe space from any opinion, from literally anyone, that they don't like or find even remotely negative.

On noes, some nobody bust QB said a sorta bad thing about us, boo hooo hooo, cry cry cry, whine whine whine.

Maybe folks should start to realize that media just likes to rile you all up....because you all are the easiest to trigger fanbase in all of sports.

Don't give them the pleasure.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

**** this guy. His stupid smug take is just devoid of facts as well. Let’s remind him at the end of season how he was wrong 

I mean, hasn't this been your take for the better part of the offseason?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

We're 27-70 since 2016. 6 consecutive losing seasons.

I have no issue with anyone doubting us until we actually demonstrate tangible progress.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that so many in the mainstream media are as bullish on the Jets as they seem to be given what we saw from Wilson last year. If we were fans of the Bills, Dolphins, or Pats we'd certainly be moving forward with the assumption that "Wilson is a bust, the Jets still suck" and counting both Jets games as "W" when reviewing the schedule.

No time better to prove everyone wrong that right now, however.

• Upvote 3

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Quinn sounds like a talking head who doesn't pay close attention to the Jets. Easy to dismiss.  

I don't know if anyone watches this guy on 'JetsCentral'. He's a big Jet fan and posts great content. Separates it into worst case/best case scenarios. I think its a pretty reasonable breakdown. I watched the video a while ago but I think he said worst case scenario is 5 wins, best case scenario is 9 wins, prediction is 7 wins. He explains that there are 4 games on the schedule that are major question marks and could go either way. If they ALL go the Jets way, they will end up with 9 wins. If they ALL go against the Jets, they will end up with 5 wins. Odds are a couple of them go the Jets way, so the final total would be 7 wins. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

He's not wrong about the schedule. Worst in the league. No idea how that happened.

How do the Jets have the worst schedule in the league? We are middle of the pack in schedule difficulty, we finish off the season with 4 easy teams, and our bye week is at the best week.

Seems like a pretty good schedule to me

20 hours ago, the Claw said:

Brady Quinn is not someone that any of us should give a sh*t about. His opinion of the Jets should mean even less.

But, yes, he will likely be wrong and that is oddly satisfying to think. 

So, F U Brady Quinn. You sucked in the NFL. 

Aside from what he said, NFL success doesn’t indicate the ability to be a decent analyst. People love Orlovsky and he was pretty terrible too. 

In regards to what he said, the schedule is tough the first 8ish weeks and if Zach doesn’t take a big leap forward, it could be bad. I have hope that he will, but it isn’t crazy to think that Wilson could just not be all that good. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

In regards to what he said, the schedule is tough the first 8ish weeks and if Zach doesn’t take a big leap forward, it could be bad. I have hope that he will, but it isn’t crazy to think that Wilson could just not be all that good. 

This is the root of the issue

sometimes guys take a big leap forward in year 2 and sometimes there's a soph slump. Most fans are not accounting for the possibility Zach's stock could go sideways

no one wants to hear bad reviews of the golden boy and fair enough  - but the schedule is ridiculous and he has to get alot better for these best case scenarios to come to pass 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Quinn sounds like a talking head who doesn't pay close attention to the Jets. Easy to dismiss.  

I don't know if anyone watches this guy on 'JetsCentral'. He's a big Jet fan and posts great content. Separates it into worst case/best case scenarios. I think its a pretty reasonable breakdown. I watched the video a while ago but I think he said worst case scenario is 5 wins, best case scenario is 9 wins, prediction is 7 wins. He explains that there are 4 games on the schedule that are major question marks and could go either way. If they ALL go the Jets way, they will end up with 9 wins. If they ALL go against the Jets, they will end up with 5 wins. Odds are a couple of them go the Jets way, so the final total would be 7 wins. 

The Jets can arguably make a playoff push if the pass rush shows up, Gardner hits the ground running as a rookie and the OL & running game are what I expect them to be. That being said, I can definitely see a scenario where the Jets win less than 5 games. Outside of Chicago and Jacksonville at home, what are the games the Jets are going to be favored in based upon what we currently know?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, maury77 said:

The Jets can arguably make a playoff push if the pass rush shows up, Gardner hits the ground running as a rookie and the OL & running game are what I expect them to be. That being said, I can definitely see a scenario where the Jets win less than 5 games. Outside of Chicago and Jacksonville at home, what are the games the Jets are going to be favored in based upon what we currently know?

I don't know about who will be favored. But Jaguars, Lion, Hawks, Bears are teams that jump out at me where the Jets SHOULD win. Divisional games will be tough for both teams. I think all Pats and Fins games will be toss-ups. There's a good chance, if healthy, Jets split both matchups. Bills are really good so that is less likely. 

I think the Browns could be a big win if Watson shows rust early on. I could see the Jets taking full advantage of that if their pass rush is on point.

There you go. This is a very simple way the Jets can get to 7 wins. Beat the Jaguars, Lion, Hawks, Bears...split with the Pats and Fins, and beat the Browns or literally any one of the other teams as an underdog. Not unheard of.  

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I don't know about who will be favored. But Jaguars, Lion, Hawks, Bears are teams that jump out at me where the Jets SHOULD win. Divisional games will be tough for both teams. I think all Pats and Fins games will be toss-ups. There's a good chance, if healthy, Jets split both matchups. Bills are really good so that is less likely. 

I think the Browns could be a big win if Watson shows rust early on. I could see the Jets taking full advantage of that if their pass rush is on point.

There you go. This is a very simple way the Jets can get to 7 wins. Beat the Jaguars, Lion, Hawks, Bears...split with the Pats and Fins, and beat the Browns or literally any one of the other teams as an underdog. Not unheard of.  

I think the Seahawks on the road is a tough game, even with Geno.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

This is the root of the issue

sometimes guys take a big leap forward in year 2 and sometimes there's a soph slump. Most fans are not accounting for the possibility Zach's stock could go sideways

no one wants to hear bad reviews of the golden boy and fair enough  - but the schedule is ridiculous and he has to get alot better for these best case scenarios to come to pass 

Forget the stats. I am still a little befuddled that people can actually watch Zach in the last 5 games or so and not realize he is already much better. It's like the only thing they watched was the first NE game and highlights of the 5 or 6 sod balls he threw. 

7 hours ago, maury77 said:

If you guys want to discount Brady Quinn's opinion because he sucked as an NFL QB, I have no problem with that but then you don't get to act like Chris Simms is Nostradamus. 

All things being equal (two guys who sucked) I reserve the right to choose the one who tells me what I want to hear. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Forget the stats. I am still a little befuddled that people can actually watch Zach in the last 5 games or so and not realize he is already much better. It's like the only thing they watched was the first NE game and highlights of the 5 or 6 sod balls he threw. 

dude we all watched all the games

Zach was cautious in the last 5 games, throwing like very safe reads. He didn't throw dumb ints but he also didn't throw many amazing TDs either 

that's not the same as throwing 400 yards per game

in fact without looking up stats I'd venture that Darnold's rookie year end stretch was more impressive than Zach's 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

Cleveland without Watson?  Detroit was a 3 win team.  Minny, Denver were all under .500.  You never know, as everyone says, if ZW does adds the normal growth spurt you expect out of a 2nd year QB the team?  We added a lot of new players to add to a lot of youngsters who got experienced a year ago+.  

We'll have to wait and see how much its improved the team

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

dude we all watched all the games

Zach was cautious in the last 5 games, throwing like very safe reads. He didn't throw dumb ints but he also didn't throw many amazing TDs either 

that's not the same as throwing 400 yards per game

in fact without looking up stats I'd venture that Darnold's rookie year end stretch was more impressive than Zach's 

And I'm sure Darnold had a greater number of starters in those 5 games.

I'll bet a lot of that "caution" was a product of not having players you can count on to make plays.  I have no idea how you can get 400 yards per passing when Barrios isnt just your best WR but pretty much your only WR in too many games down the stretch.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And I'm sure Darnold had a greater number of starters in those 5 games.

I'll bet a lot of that "caution" was a product of not having players you can count on to make plays.  I have no idea how you can get 400 yards per passing when Barrios isnt just your best WR but pretty much your only WR in too many games down the stretch.  

Excuses however valid are still excuses 

It wasn't a great 5 game stretch. It was better than he was before but it wasn't really great or even good 

• Upvote 1