Jets wrongfully accused of offering the most lucrative contract in the 2022 Draft

8 hours ago, Facts said:

That pisses me off.

Im fine with Sauce, but I feel taking a CB with a top 5 pick is not great value.

But to then give him a contract that essentially makes him the #1 overall pick… just horse sh*t.

Settle down Francis it’s a set amount for the slot that he was drafted. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

The Jets signed Sauce Gardner to the most lucrative contract in the 2022 NFL Draft. 38.7 Million in Total Guaranteed Money and 25.3 Million in signing bonus tops both categories. The Runner-up in both categories is number 1 Draft pick Travon Walker at 37.37 Million in total guarantee money and 24.3 million in signing.

You can't accuse the Jets of being cheap. I'll bet there are a few GMs that are miffed at the Jets right about now.

There really isn’t any wiggle room up top. It’s just the offset language where you might find that wiggle. Else there isn’t a rookie that’ll sign for a penny less than the slotted amount in round 1. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

The Jets signed Sauce Gardner to the most lucrative contract in the 2022 NFL Draft. 38.7 Million in Total Guaranteed Money and 25.3 Million in signing bonus tops both categories. The Runner-up in both categories is number 1 Draft pick Travon Walker at 37.37 Million in total guarantee money and 24.3 million in signing.

You can't accuse the Jets of being cheap. I'll bet there are a few GMs that are miffed at the Jets right about now.

I thought first round picks comp was slotted. 

16 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

They are selling Apple sauce at the concession stands and giving him a cut ala..............................