Jump to content

Former scout hates Jermaine Johnson - anyone see this?


Dcronin
 Share

Recommended Posts

If you listened to what other teams said after the draft, nobody viewed Jermaine Johnson as a 1st round prospect, let alone a top 10 talent like Joe Douglas said.

The leaked Cowboys draft didn't give Johnson as a 1st round grade.

Bills GM said Johnson didn't have a 1st round grade.

The media consistently said this draft didn't have a lot of elite talent and there were only about 16 prospects in the 22 draft worthy of a 1st round grade. If that is true, it's unlikely a pass rusher with a 1st round grade drops that far. Several pass rush needy teams like the Chiefs, Ravens, Cowboys, Packers, Band Titans passed on taking him.

Maybe it was just GM talk when Douglas praised Johnson, because  if it wasn't, the rest of the NFL did not see what Douglas saw.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 2:10 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

The bolded two items are opposites, yet they are being used to describe the same person just one sentence apart. I'm confused.

You are confused. By "opportunistic hustler" he means "he hustles constantly and therefore is able to take advantage of opportunities when they come up, but his stats don't derive from dominant skills overwhelming opponents"

It's a dumb take (hustle is a skill, actually, as is the ability to take advantage of opportunities), but a consistent one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2022 at 1:45 PM, Buffalo 24 7 said:

 

The leaked Cowboys draft didn't give Johnson as a 1st round grade.

Bills GM said Johnson didn't have a 1st round grade.

 

He was 28 on the Cowboys board, which is a first round grade and two spots from where the Jets took him. 
 

Show me where the Bills GM said that. I’m betting you can’t. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not every system likes the same players either.

I’m not impressed by the draft media and draft fan media who try to make a name by calling out busts.   Call out the stars and get a track record of that.   That’s what teams want.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2022 at 1:45 PM, Buffalo 24 7 said:

If you listened to what other teams said after the draft, nobody viewed Jermaine Johnson as a 1st round prospect, let alone a top 10 talent like Joe Douglas said.

The leaked Cowboys draft didn't give Johnson as a 1st round grade.

Bills GM said Johnson didn't have a 1st round grade.

The media consistently said this draft didn't have a lot of elite talent and there were only about 16 prospects in the 22 draft worthy of a 1st round grade. If that is true, it's unlikely a pass rusher with a 1st round grade drops that far. Several pass rush needy teams like the Chiefs, Ravens, Cowboys, Packers, Band Titans passed on taking him.

Maybe it was just GM talk when Douglas praised Johnson, because  if it wasn't, the rest of the NFL did not see what Douglas saw.

 

Most drafts have about 16 guys with a first round grade. Please don’t act like your teaching us anything lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeremiah had him top 10 and he is pretty hooked into scouts around the league.

Chandler Jones "Many teams will regret not getting Jermaine Johnson that kid is gunna be goooood!"

McShay had him top 15

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing that I saw the headline read "former scout" and knew who it was before I saw the article. I think I counted 7 self-references to him being a former scout in his own piece.

How does this guy still have a place that will publish his self-promotion?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2022 at 1:45 PM, Buffalo 24 7 said:

If you listened to what other teams said after the draft, nobody viewed Jermaine Johnson as a 1st round prospect, let alone a top 10 talent like Joe Douglas said.

The leaked Cowboys draft didn't give Johnson as a 1st round grade.

Bills GM said Johnson didn't have a 1st round grade.

The media consistently said this draft didn't have a lot of elite talent and there were only about 16 prospects in the 22 draft worthy of a 1st round grade. If that is true, it's unlikely a pass rusher with a 1st round grade drops that far. Several pass rush needy teams like the Chiefs, Ravens, Cowboys, Packers, Band Titans passed on taking him.

Maybe it was just GM talk when Douglas praised Johnson, because  if it wasn't, the rest of the NFL did not see what Douglas saw.

 

Help us with the math that makes the Cowboys and Bills = the rest of the NFL

As for the media, two former players who work in the media rated JJ as the top EDGE in the draft so there's that if you care.  Kills you I bet though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In light of the fact that he is a "former scout", why not attach a name to this masterful prediction?

I know exactly who he is. This is the brilliant mind that told us that Blair Thomas and Vernon Gholston were the "Can't miss" prospects. I'd listen very carefully to his opinion!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please allow me to chime in as I actually came on the board today to bring up this exact topic.

Daniel Kelly = Total Tool !!!!!

All this clown did was bash everything and everybody. Although he did name drop Parcells a few times, and actually had the audacity to say that Woody Johnson calls him and asks him for advice!? Laughable!!

The guy was about as informative and entertaining as wearing a pair of wet socks~

Seriously he said JD hasn't addressed the offensive line? Zach isn't the guy and the only reason we drafted him was because we use JetBlue to travel? He said Woody told JD to draft Zach!?

Worst podcast I ever saw and I'm not joking. I actually said out loud I can't watch this anymore ...and I was alone in my house!

Props to Richie Jets Media, the guys from XFactor, Green Boy, Matt O'Leary, and Ryan @bla bla bla

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Amazing that I saw the headline read "former scout" and knew who it was before I saw the article. I think I counted 7 self-references to him being a former scout in his own piece.

How does this guy still have a place that will publish his self-promotion?

If spouting sh*t on the internet is publishing, I guess I too am a highly published author. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

He was 28 on the Cowboys board, which is a first round grade and two spots from where the Jets took him. 
 

Show me where the Bills GM said that. I’m betting you can’t. 

On that same sheet, the Cowboys said they only had 16 first round grades.

Bills GM said Kaiir Elam was the last 1st rounder on their board, and Johnson was still available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Daniel Kelly was a former jets scout under parcels.  He got fired by the Jets and has a huge anti Jet agenda, check his twitter feed.  The guy is a hater.  Hates Zach. Likes fields better. He’s full of sh*t. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I asked was "Anyone see this?" CUT TO: 130 livid, foaming at the mouth replies. LOL.

The defensiveness here makes me think he has a point! I don't know. Maybe he IS a moron.

But film don't lie. What did YOU see in those games he references? The exact opposite of what he saw?

Whoever said we have no idea who will pan out and who won't is right. We'll wait and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, Buffalo 24 7 said:

Bills GM said Kaiir Elam was the last 1st rounder on their board, and Johnson was still available.

You mean the same Kaiir Elam who was ranked 28 on the Dallas board? I guess no one else saw the first-round grade for Elam that the Bills GM saw. 
 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...