Our Cagey TE/WR has added muscle

16 minutes ago, jbt said:

no pics, what a let down

Not that helpful but this is the tweet that prompted this.  Unfortunate for Cager that, unlike last season, there are three actual TEs ahead of him on the chart now. but maybe he can earn a spot on specials.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Not that helpful but this is the tweet that prompted this.  Unfortunate for Cager that, unlike last season, there are three actual TEs ahead of him on the chart now. but maybe he can earn a spot on specials.

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Cager can be the big receiver, endzone threat, Wesco always was and continues to be a worthless spot on our roster

The question for Wesco/Cager/Yeboah is who can play special teams and contribute? Top 3 TEs are locked down, if they keep a 4th, it will be a ST contributor. Wesco and Yeboah contributed as blockers on KO returns last year. Can Cager and his low BF% contribute on specials?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, the Claw said:

Make It Stop My Brain Hurts GIF by Monty Python

Are there sheep in the wainscoting? 

17 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Cager can be the big receiver, endzone threat, Wesco always was and

continues to be a worthless spot on our roster

2 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

The question for Wesco/Cager/Yeboah is who can play special teams and contribute? Top 3 TEs are locked down, if they keep a 4th, it will be a ST contributor. Wesco and Yeboah contributed as blockers on KO returns last year. Can Cager and his low BF% contribute on specials?

I think Wesco mostly played FB in 2021.  His ability to make the team will probably depend a bunch on Bawden and whether they envision any of the new TEs in an H-back/FB type role. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Are there sheep in the wainscoting? 

I think Wesco mostly played FB in 2021.  His ability to make the team will probably depend a bunch on Bawden and whether they envision any of the new TEs in an H-back/FB type role. 

Wesco had 64 KO return snaps and was one of the better KO return blockers they had. That said, Id still bet that between Bawden/Conklin/Ruckert, Wesco becomes redundant and gets cut. Conklin's a pretty good blocker on the move. Cager and Yeboah, practice squad candidates. I dont see more than 3 active TEs making the 53 man roster.

• Upvote 1