Rumor: Deshaun Watson 3-4 week suspension

31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Plus lives in one of tiny house nation houses. Poor thing never had a chance. 

I’ve been going back and forth about whether to respond to this, because you know I love you and I don’t mean to be a buzzkill but having a hard time laughing about this one.  As a person who has sat alone, unsupervised, in small rooms with murderers and sex offenders and such, this stuff resonates differently.  I don’t know how my female colleagues do it.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I’ve been going back and forth about whether to respond to this, because you know I love you and I don’t mean to be a buzzkill but having a hard time laughing about this one.  As a person who has sat alone, unsupervised, in small rooms with murders and sex offenders and such, this stuff resonates differently.  I don’t know my female colleagues do it.

i get it, I’m not laughing at the act obviously,  but the absurdity of it, my apologies. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

i get it, I’m not laughing at the act obviously,  but the absurdity of it, my apologies. 

I know.  No need to apologize.  I know who you are.  Like I said, there's just a personal component to this.  There's a specific story from back in the hospital days when I worked with an LK that's better for direct message, but I've been in a non-zero amount of these situations where I've thought I might get killed.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Totalitarians gonna totalitarian

Grand juries gonna grand jury

Having the balls to accuse a woman of wanting it because she stayed when fearful of sexual assault in her own home takes a special kind of courage. You and your friend are some seriously manly men. Hopefully one day we can all get there but until then you keep fighting that fight. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

On 6/5/2022 at 10:56 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No. He is profiting off his ability. By saying he has profited off his behavior you are suggesting that he is making more money because he has all these sexual assault allegations pending. 
If anything, his contract is far less because of all of these allegations (and rightfully so). In addition, his suspension will, in all likelihood, cost him many millions of dollars, again rightfully so. 

There is literally nothing the NFL could have done to prevent Watson from getting traded or signing a contract unless you think he should get a lifetime ban, which no one reasonably thinks should happen. 

He got his full salary last year.  He was made available to leave Houston because of the allegations.  He wanted out of Houston.  He got a raise and an approved contract that is an FU to the league on disciplining players through suspension and loss of salary.  

Without the sexual assault allegation he would be on his old contract playing for Houston.   He's likely to make a ton more money than he would have.

Added and abetted by the Browns and the league he has actually to date profited.   He would likely never gotten a new contract or shot his way out of Houston if he actually was the guy people thought he was. 

The Watson before he wanted out of Houston and his behavior was expossed would be playing NFL football for Houston at a lot less money.   It's probable that he wanted out of Houston because he knew that he was "expossed" staying in Houston.

The sad truth is Watson is likely a sexual predator and a dishonest a-hole.  He has personally profitted over that behavior.  The Watson prior to this coming out was under contract for a long time and the face of the Houston franchise. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Having the balls to accuse a woman of wanting it because she stayed when fearful of sexual assault in her own home takes a special kind of courage. You and your friend are some seriously manly men. Hopefully one day we can all get there but until then you keep fighting that fight. 

I said nothing of the kind and neither did he. 

But to wonder how the she got it on her face and breasts when he is laying down and the average human ejaculates 30 to 60 cm is not thoughtcrime or an endorsement of assault but if you want to try to kill every germ with a blowtorch go right ahead.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm sure this guy was a staunch supporter of Amber Heard. 

Heaven forbid anyone question an acusation. 

Also, way to be intellectually dishonest as no one said anything of the sort. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Grandy said:

He's not defendable at this point. 

Why? These allegations come from ladies all being represented by the same lawyer. Doesn’t that raise a bit of a doubt? Watson already has been cleared criminally. Civil judgement has a lower threshold of culpability so that still remains to be sorted out. Also let’s see how the NFL investigation concludes. Certainly where there is smoke there is fire but there also should be some presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I said nothing of the kind and neither did he. 

But to wonder how the she got it on her face and breasts when he is laying down and the average human ejaculates 30 to 60 cm is not thoughtcrime or an endorsement of assault but if you want to try to kill every germ with a blowtorch go right ahead.

It said he stood up and then finished. Even if it was a tiny little drop that barely touched her. It happened, it came in contact with her and she was uncomfortable and most importantly, said no. 

41 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I'm sure this guy was a staunch supporter of Amber Heard. 

Heaven forbid anyone question an acusation. 

Also, way to be intellectually dishonest as no one said anything of the sort. 

So you believe he's completely innocent and 24 women are just gold diggers?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Why? These allegations come from ladies all being represented by the same lawyer. Doesn’t that raise a bit of a doubt? Watson already has been cleared criminally. Civil judgement has a lower threshold of culpability so that still remains to be sorted out. Also let’s see how the NFL investigation concludes. Certainly where there is smoke there is fire but there also should be some presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

No criminal charge means little when it's the topic of sexual assault. It's notoriously the toughest crime in the US, and perhaps to world to convict due to the acquiring of evidence, and knowing what actually occurs. It's estimated by national/government orgs that 1 in 5 women will experience sexual assault in the United States, while less than 20% of them will ever be reported. Of those 20% that are reported, 25% lead to just an arrest. Meaning that only 5% of perpetrators will ever spend a day in jail, not even taking into account further conviction. The estimated percentage of false accusations in sexual assault by the FBI is between 2-10%. That's not a high number, and there is not some extreme epidemic of lying women. There is though, a societal issue here. 

We have reports of wrongdoing on his part in terms of statements and text messages. The stories are consistent, and even his lawyer is now going by the stance of normalizing happy ending massages as a defense. What?! Also I don't remember a man in history with this many accusers that turned out to mean nothing. When there's this much smoke, there's fire. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm guessing half a season at minimum, at this point. 

my guess is the entire season.

Either way, there's gonna be some serious rust on Mr. Watson.  Not sure what the Browns were thinking when going this direction.

Just now, peebag said:

my guess is the entire season.

Either way, there's gonna be some serious rust on Mr. Watson.  Not sure what the Browns were thinking when going this direction.

When they made the trade and gave him the huge bag, I just assumed that they had been given a hint by the league that he wouldn't be suspended more than X amount of games.

If he's actually suspended for an entire season (this remains to be seen), the Watson trade becomes one of the worst trades in NFL history. It was already fairly rich for a QB with two torn ACL's on his record (which nobody talks about), but now you are talking about a team with a legit playoff roster/window having given up major assets for a QB that can't play until 2023? Not good. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, peebag said:

So you believe he's completely innocent and 24 women are just gold diggers?

I never had a comment about this case, just about the 24th accusation specifically. 

But you're doing what other posters are doing which is trying to make it seem like I'm saying something I'm not. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I never had a comment about this case, just about the 24th accusation specifically. 

But you're doing what other posters are doing which is trying to make it seem like I'm saying something I'm not. 

That's because you're not being really clear on the subject.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

There is nothing odd about 1 lawyer representing all Plaintiffs in a case with the same fact pattern against 1 defendant. That is how class action lawsuits are created (not saying this is a class action lawsuit). 

The fact that we have 24 women making the same allegations and willing to swear that it happened under the penalty of perjury kind of erases much of the doubt. That alone isn't enough to convict, but having enough to convict is separate from having enough to suspend. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, peebag said:

That's because you're not being really clear on the subject.

I never made any comments about this case as a whole nor will I. 

I made a comment questioning a specific detail in the 24th accusation, nothing else. Which, despite other posters opinions, is allowed and not at all heinous to question. 

34 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

@freestater you had high expectations on this topic?  I'm just reading and wondering how people can defend this guy but we all have opinions. Hope all is well buddy

Oh no. None whatsoever. I agree with you. Wanted Watson way back when. Now? Wouldn't want this scumbag anywhere near my team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

At best, Deshaun Watson is a sexual deviant.  

I can't see him playing this season at this point.  He should be focusing on settling his cases and getting some help for some obvious perverted practices that he's into.  

• Upvote 2