Jump to content

Rumor: Deshaun Watson 3-4 week suspension


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

So much evidence that he has been charged with a crime?  
 

Why can you not to just agree to disagree?  You feel the need to call people names because they disagree with you?  Why? 

Because you're acting like a poop face. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dcat said:

And we've heard your inane point of view multiple times. 

Really?  I posted a few times.  Move on if you don’t like it.  The fact is, you are trying to shut down alternate points of view.  You attack rather than have a conversation.  I just don’t feel like dealing with those kinds of people anymore.  The world sucks because of people like you.  Which is why i barely post here anymore and which is why i will just block people who try to control other peoples opinions.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Completely different burden of proof and set of consequences.  You do understand the differences among criminal prosecution, civil suits and an NFL decision on a player's suspension, right?  Criminal prosecutions are far more consequential and require a far greater burden of evidence than the civil suit or any NFL adjudication?  So please... spare us the juvenile and silly response that there has been no criminal prosecution. Swing and a miss.  Again.  You're not even close to the Mendoza line.

 

As far as i know, the league has not suspended him, and no civil cases have been decided.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Really?  I posted a few times.  Move on if you don’t like it.  The fact is, you are trying to shut down alternate points of view.  You attack rather than have a conversation.  I just don’t feel like dealing with those kinds of people anymore.  The world sucks because of people like you.  Which is why i barely post here anymore and which is why i will just block people who try to control other peoples opinions.  

I didn't know I had that much control.  Geez you make incredibly stupid arguments in this thread and suddenly the world sucks because we have pointed that out.  I always wanted to have super powers.  Thanks.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

As far as i know, the league has not suspended him, and no civil cases have been decided.  

Oh... so we have to wait until the completion of a civil lawsuit, a settlement, and/or the NFL adjudication before we can state that Watson is as guilty as they come?   Sorry dude.  It doesn't work that way and Watson should be suspended for a minimum of one year because he is 100% guilty here.  ANd I base that on the testimony and reporting I have read.  It is sufficient evidence for me.  I'm not worried about ridiculous alternatives like they are all disgruntled prostitutes.  LOL.  Get real.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

I have no idea what information they have.  The only thing i know is that he has not been charged with a crime despite so much supposed evidence.  

I am absolutely willing to believe that is the sum total of your knowledge. The alternative is just too depressing to contemplate

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Really?  I posted a few times.  Move on if you don’t like it.  The fact is, you are trying to shut down alternate points of view.  You attack rather than have a conversation.  I just don’t feel like dealing with those kinds of people anymore.  The world sucks because of people like you.  Which is why i barely post here anymore and which is why i will just block people who try to control other peoples opinions.  

An alternative point of view would elicit a bit more than - "maybe they are sex workers, therefore I don't see the issue here". 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

I take it as being a centrist in an age of extremism.  Since everyone is an extremist, the centrist is always under attack.  

As a committed centrist, "maybe all 24 of these women are plotting whores looking to ruin a good man, who can tell" isn't centrism, it's idiocy. Sorry. 

58 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

When did i ever say that?  
 

If the evidence is so overwhelming, why hasn’t he been charged with a crime?  

Because, among other things, the prosecution wouldn't be able to use the interlocking stories of his multiple victims as evidence (barring the type of insanely stupid move by Watson's lawyers that is basically impossible); each crime would have to be charged separately, and a defense motion to exclude other accusations as more prejudicial than probative would be granted. The only way that evidence comes in in a criminal trial is if his lawyers are stupid enough to try and argue that he is such a wonderful human being that his character wouldn't allow him to do the things he's being accused of, which would open the door to that type of propensity evidence. Doesn't really work the same way the civil cases, and most importantly it doesn't work that way at all with our ability as thinking human beings to draw our own reasonable conclusions from the available evidence

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Honest answer?  One of the biggest things wrong with the world is people have been conditioned to dig in rather than consider that maybe they are wrong.

You came into this thread… offered an idea that was overwhelmingly pointed out as misguided by most of the participants of the discussion and your response was to blame “hive mind,” tell people you would block them, tell people to move on, accuse others of bias, claim we should “agree to disagree,” rather than doing what you should have done… considered the arguments made against your point, and try to learn something.

So yeah, one thing that is definitely wrong with this world is unwillingness to consider that maybe you’re wrong and instead blame everyone else.

I didn’t blame anyone else.  I didn’t even tell anyone else they were wrong.  I don’t know what you are talking about.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I am not here to get trolled.  If thats all he wants to do, mock someone for sharing their opinion, I would rather just move on and discontinue any sort of conversation.  Its just not productive.  

Mocking is not trolling.

Your thin skin is showing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Oh... so we have to wait until the completion of a civil lawsuit, a settlement, and/or the NFL adjudication before we can state that Watson is as guilty as they come?   Sorry dude.  It doesn't work that way and Watson should be suspended for a minimum of one year because he is 100% guilty here.  ANd I base that on the testimony and reporting I have read.  It is sufficient evidence for me.  I'm not worried about ridiculous alternatives like they are all disgruntled prostitutes.  LOL.  Get real.

No, before I can.  You can do whatever you want.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Mocking is not trolling.

Your thin skin is showing.

Thats cool.  I am willing to accept that.  I just don’t want to be around negative people.  Mocking.  Trolling.  Its cool if you like it.  I am disinterested in dealing with it.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Really?  I posted a few times.  Move on if you don’t like it.  The fact is, you are trying to shut down alternate points of view.  You attack rather than have a conversation.  I just don’t feel like dealing with those kinds of people anymore.  The world sucks because of people like you.  Which is why i barely post here anymore and which is why i will just block people who try to control other peoples opinions.  

No one is trying to control your opinion, dude. They're challenging it, and you can't handle it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

No one is trying to control your opinion, dude. They're challenging it, and you can't handle it.

Its cool to disagree.  I am fine with that.  Its the attacking, negative, way that people do it.  Maybe thats the world today.  I don’t enjoy it, and realize why i barely post anymore.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Honest answer?  One of the biggest things wrong with the world is people have been conditioned to dig in rather than consider that maybe they are wrong.

You came into this thread… offered an idea that was overwhelmingly pointed out as misguided by most of the participants of the discussion and your response was to blame “hive mind,” tell people you would block them, tell people to move on, accuse others of bias, claim we should “agree to disagree,” rather than doing what you should have done… considered the arguments made against your point, and try to learn something.

So yeah, one thing that is definitely wrong with this world is unwillingness to consider that maybe you’re wrong and instead blame everyone else.

Me wrong? No way, been doing like this for years. 

7296577F-4931-4FDB-A19C-5ECB26201C8E.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

What are you talking about?  

You were making a lame case that some of the girls might not have been legit masseuses.  Who cares.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That wasn't me, the thumb.

I just looked at this. I haven't posted in the entire thread before this except about Watson as a qb. 

 

Wasnt aimed at you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Ok, so you make light of sexual assault?  Because, that is what I consider I endured.  

Were there criminal charges?  Then it wasnt sexual assault.

She is innocent until proven otherwise.  Were's your proof?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Honest answer?  One of the biggest things wrong with the world is people have been conditioned to dig in rather than consider that maybe they are wrong.

You came into this thread… offered an idea that was overwhelmingly pointed out as misguided by most of the participants of the discussion and your response was to blame “hive mind,” tell people you would block them, tell people to move on, accuse others of bias, claim we should “agree to disagree,” rather than doing what you should have done… considered the arguments made against your point, and try to learn something.

So yeah, one thing that is definitely wrong with this world is unwillingness to consider that maybe you’re wrong and instead blame everyone else.

Yes, but why is the eyhive feeding the troll?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...