Rumor: Deshaun Watson 3-4 week suspension

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m no lawyer, but if the 3-4 week rumor is true, one might surmise that the actual details of the case are a tad different than the details made available to the public. Goodell is a scumbag, but 3-4 games is a suspension he hands out to dudes who get caught with an ounce of weed in their pocket. 

Ya think?  Once the accusation is made , you are tarnished forever, true or not. I don’t think he gets 4 games.  Much more.  Not because he was guilty, but to please the mob.  Like the Kapernick situation 

8 hours ago, NamathToSauer said:

Best QBs in football don't go 4-12. He compiled stats against soft defenses playing with a lead

Here's your complete list of games in which the scenario you imagine occurred, using fourth quarter stats:

10 for 14 Chiefs 126 yards 

5 for 9 Ravens 55 yards

8 for 12 Vikings 114 yards

10 for 15 106 yards Packers 

Bears was a blowout loss but he did not compile stats against the Bears

Four game totals: 33 for 50 (66 percent, which is below his season average) for 401 yards (which is 8 percent of his total yards for the season in one sixteenth of the quarters played) for 3 tds (he threw for thirty three)

You can go back and verify if you'd like. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jetty said:

Surprised he would even get suspended since the case was thrown out.

Thats not how it works, players get suspended without trials.

And not bringing a case to court doesnt mean he isnt guilty of a crime

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Cool, 18 women weren't assaulted so "just assaulting" 22 women isnt all that bad.  Nice lawyering

Bring a criminal case and prove it.  I fully support that.  Lets get 1 person to do that.  Anybody.  Just one 

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So after all the hand-wringing from people here who wanted no part of Watson and were sure he'd be suspended a full year or more, we could have had a top 10-ish QB for 13-14 games out of a 17-game schedule instead of our current "meh" guy under center. 

Cool!

Just be glad that you and Deshaun share a browser history. Let that be enough. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Yes, it’s remarkably easy to prosecute sexual assault cases. That’s why women love coming forward. It’s always a win-win for them. 

Maybe you should advocate to overturn our system.  Make it easy.  Allegations are enough to lock you up for a few decades.  Start it up

5 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Bring a criminal case and prove it.  I fully support that.  Lets get 1 person to do that.  Anybody.  Just one 

Your would just go and defend him anyway.  Youre convinced hes done nothing and does bitches be making shlt up for $$.

Cases dont see the light of day for a lot of reasons, not just because the accused is guilty.  

Which still has nothing to do with a NFL suspension.   

Just now, DetroitRed said:

Maybe you should advocate to overturn our system.  Make it easy.  Allegations are enough to lock you up for a few decades.  Start it up

I’m not going to engage here, and suggest that you don’t, either. I, for one, am very happy that the Jets didn’t trade away the farm to fully guarantee this -uh- person $240M. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Look in the mirror.  You're going to all ends to defend someone who quite frankly you dont have a clue whether he did or didnt do anything wrong.  But youre accusing all who say he did or making it all up.  

You prove what is the problem with these kinds of cases

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Look in the mirror.  You're going to all ends to defend someone who quite frankly you dont have a clue whether he did or didnt do anything wrong.  But youre accusing all who say he did or making it all up.  

You prove what is the problem with these kinds of cases

Wrong.  That’s where we are different. How about, I don’t believe anybody. You must prove you’  serious allegations. You don’t get to lock people up over allegations or even ruin their life. I don’t know who is making what up . Either way

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Wrong.  That’s where we are different. How about, I don’t believe anybody. You must prove you’  serious allegations. You don’t get to lock people up over allegations or even ruin their life. I don’t know who is making what up . Either way

Youre doing exactly what I said you're doing.  By letting him walk because a court case requires a whole lot more than whats needed for suspension according to the CBA youre defending Watson.  We're not talking locked up, we're talking suspension.  What crime was Z Elliot found guilty of before he was suspended?  Hunt?  Sheldon?  Should I go on?  Sex crimes by virtue of its usually between 2 people and are usually he said vs she says are hard to prove and dont usually make it to trial.  So yes, believing that 22 people are all lying vs the all to often dropping of charges doesnt make him free of crime.  

Where we're wrong is I dont think you can get 22 women to just make up a story like this, that not one admitted it was a scheme by someone to convince them all to lie to extort money from an innocent man, to ruin him for life.  Thats where we're totally different

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Ridley, a year for gambling.

Watson, 3-4 games for 21 civil cases of sexual assault.  

makes sense.  as people have said, MLB suspended Trevor Bauer for 2 years (324 games) under the MLB domestic violence policy for 1 case.  that case was also dropped.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre doing exactly what I said you're doing.  By letting him walk because a court case requires a whole lot more than whats needed for suspension according to the CBA youre defending Watson.  We're not talking locked up, we're talking suspension.  What crime was Z Elliot found guilty of before he was suspended?  Hunt?  Sheldon?  Should I go on?  Sex crimes by virtue of its usually between 2 people and are usually he said vs she says are hard to prove and dont usually make it to trial.  So yes, believing that 22 people are all lying vs the all to often dropping of charges doesnt make him free of crime.  

Where we're wrong is I dont think you can get 22 women to just make up a story like this, that not one admitted it was a scheme by someone to convince them all to lie to extort money from an innocent man, to ruin him for life.  Thats where we're totally different

How did they get 18 women to say he was innocent?  Luck?

I don’t care about any other case. This one is unique to anything else, and no other outcome should impact this one.

Yes, I am defending his right to innocence until proven otherwise 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

That’s kind of hard to do when the courts, who defffffffffintely don’t have a history of letting rich powerful people off easy, presume that a woman crying at the end of a massage, who the defendant admitted to apologizing to for “making you feel uncomfortable”, is not telling the truth.

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Money.

Furthermore, 18 of 40 massage therapists saying that he didn’t assault them, doesn’t mean the other 22 (and that’s just the number that we know of) are lying.

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So after all the hand-wringing from people here who wanted no part of Watson and were sure he'd be suspended a full year or more, we could have had a top 10-ish QB for 13-14 games out of a 17-game schedule instead of our current "meh" guy under center. 

Cool!

Yeah, its AWESOME that there are fans who would want a POS like this on the team to throw a football.

And we wonder why the world is like it is.....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s kind of hard to do when the courts, who defffffffffintely don’t have a history of letting rich powerful people off easy, presume that a woman crying at the end of a massage, who the defendant admitted to apologizing to for “making you feel uncomfortable”, is not telling the truth.

Why does it seem SOOOOOO hard for a certain demographic to understand this; a demographic who typically drive around in vehicles like this:

image.png.a051311f0fa06c63c7c41010e0d89659.png

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Money.

Furthermore, 18 of 40 massage therapists saying that he didn’t assault them, doesn’t mean the other 22 (and that’s just the number that we know of) are lying.

OK. I did not know that he sent them checks. I have no evidence of that.

But you are accusing one group of being motivated by money, and not the other. That’s your prerogative 

27 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I don’t care about any other case. This one is unique to anything else, and no other outcome should impact this one.

Yes, I am defending his right to innocence until proven otherwise 

Who f'n cars that 18th he didn't assault them?  How does that equal he's innocent?  Explain that one.

You're spinning hats to convince people he did nothing wrong.  Forget it, you can't see how ridiculous this is 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who f'n cars that 18th he didn't assault them?  How does that equal he's innocent?  Explain that one.

You're spinning hats to convince people he did nothing wrong.  Forget it, you can't see how ridiculous this is 

The innocent do not have to explain anything. Do you not understand that? It is up to the accusers. That’s pretty basic stuff

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Testifying under oath, Deshaun Watson admits Ashley Solis cried at end of massage - ProFootballTalk

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/17/testifying-under-oath-deshaun-watson-admits-ashley-solis-cried-at-end-of-massage/#comments

Such a shame we missed on having this as the face of our franchise…

Ohhhh sh*t. Watson is lucky if he gets anything less than an 8 game suspension. And I think 8 is light. 

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cool!

I know!!

I could buy both of my daughters matching Watson Jerseys.   It would have been awesome!!   I'd run a promo in my office, a free massage for every touch down he throws.   Brilliant!!