Rumor: Deshaun Watson 3-4 week suspension

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So after all the hand-wringing from people here who wanted no part of Watson and were sure he'd be suspended a full year or more, we could have had a top 10-ish QB for 13-14 games out of a 17-game schedule instead of our current "meh" guy under center. 

Cool!

Do not want that dude on my team.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The innocent do not have to explain anything. Do you not understand that? It is up to the accusers. That’s pretty basic stuff

Considering you’re accusing these women of lying, I think you should provide proof of such. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I, too, wish every entity who had access to all available evidence and witness testimony ignored all of that to overzealously prosecute a young, black man because Tony Buzbee seems very reliable, to me, a suburban white guy. 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m no lawyer, but if the 3-4 week rumor is true, one might surmise that the actual details of the case are a tad different than the details made available to the public. Goodell is a scumbag, but 3-4 games is a suspension he hands out to dudes who get caught with an ounce of weed in their pocket. 

Goodell's suspensions are much more about PR than about the actual factual circumstances.  Remember the reports that the NFL had the elevator tape when they suspended Ray Rice for 2 games?  After they got clobbered in the press they changed it to "indefinite."  Public reaction and its reflection on the "shield" is a much bigger factor than the actual factual circumstances.  I think the NFL will have a PR disaster if he only gets 3 or 4 games as more and more details come out UNLESS Watson settles the civil suits and is able to successfully clamp down on the facts being released. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Considering you’re accusing these women of lying, I think you should provide proof of such. 

Nope.  If you are accusing him of rape, you have to prove it.   Thats how it works

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Testifying under oath, Deshaun Watson admits Ashley Solis cried at end of massage - ProFootballTalk

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/17/testifying-under-oath-deshaun-watson-admits-ashley-solis-cried-at-end-of-massage/#comments

Such a shame we missed on having this as the face of our franchise…

Lets hope once Zach goes through puberty only his voice changes.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So after all the hand-wringing from people here who wanted no part of Watson and were sure he'd be suspended a full year or more, we could have had a top 10-ish QB for 13-14 games out of a 17-game schedule instead of our current "meh" guy under center. 

Cool!

Good One Lol GIF by Justin

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, wish every entity who had access to all available evidence and witness testimony ignored all of that to overzealously prosecute a young, black man because Tony Buzbee seems very reliable, to me, a suburban white guy. 

Reaction Surprised GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Please don't lock this thread I just went through the entire 2020 Houston Texans fourth quarter game logs. lol

13 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Also, you're a giant nerd.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s common practice, so I will safely assume a man accused of over 22 cases of sexual assault spanning the country, from women who have never met one another, are not lying when they have corroborating stories that haven’t changed once over the course of the entire dilemma.  You know, kind of like how you’re using the common belief that massage therapists offer sexual favors for money to determine that these woman are lying to extort a rich powerful athlete to push your prerogative.

Honestly, at this point, you have to be extremely naive or ignorant to buy into Watson’s innocence.  It’s alarming.

The justice system has bought into his innocence 

7 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The Justice system Charges or doesn't finds guilt or not guilty.   The Justice system doesn't comment on innocence. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

So in the first 4 weeks we face jacoby brisset and Mitch trubisky? Yea stop telling me the schedule is so hard 

they also face Myles Garrett and TJ Watt on the road

even without Watson, at CLE is going to be a tough out 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

You are continuously conflating the concept of innocence with not being found legally responsible in a criminal court. Two very different things. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You are continuously conflating the concept of innocence with not being found legally responsible in a criminal court. Two very different things. 

Ok, it’s different.  He does not go to jail or get his life ruined , unless you prove it in court.  There you go

24 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Not guilty isn't the same thing as innocent.  People who have committed crimes who aren't convicted aren't innocent.   They are not guilty.   People who haven't committed crimes are innocent.  In Watson's case while he hasn't been charged with a crime there are still going to be cases that may be litigated and there might even be future criminal charges in other venues.  TBD...

OJ was not guilty.  He was not innocent.  He lost in a civil action and in the court of public opinion.

Our system is designed to allow people to sue for damages from harm.  That's part of the system.  In the case of NFL players the system has a clause in contracts regarding behavior detrimental to the league.  That's part of the sytem also.

As far as harm to Watson's reputation.  Lets examine that.  Our system monetizes damages.  

Since the alegations Watson signed a 230 million dollar guaranteed contract from the Browns.  He also made it clear he wanted out from Houston before any allegations and he had a choice where he could go.

Watson not only hasn't been damaged by the alegations, he has profited from them.   He was paid $10.5 million last year NOT to work, He is out of Houston, got traded to a team he wanted to go to and signed a 230 million dollar guaranteed contract from the Browns.  Granted he might not be on the Wheeties cover any time soon but it's hard to say he's been damaged or tarnished by these alegations when you consider how he has been able to shoot his way out of Houston and get a new contract. 

No question people who are in the public eye can and will be victimized.  They deserve protection and they generally are able to get it.  They can afford good representation along with investigations.  Watson is also backed up by the ownership of the Cleveland Browns and the NFL both who benifit from elite QB play.  They have deep pockets and can afford lawyers, investigators and public relations.

The idea that Watson is a victim when he has gotten everything he wanted is bat sh*t crazy.  

Fixed

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

32E8EBBC-A8C1-412F-B0CD-87C659218CEC.jpeg.c8e36d2dbbcca82be58b1d81ffcc9f45.jpeg

Ironic. What did Jussie in during his trial was text messages/communication proving that he was lying and you buy that just fine, but refuse to believe victims who have texts/Instagram messages (that he tried to delete) from Watson apologizing for making them feel uncomfortable.  For the record, Watson’s only defense is that his abhorrent actions were consensual (as if he gets to determine that), you do know that right?  

I’m sure the results of these trials, so far, and your stance, are not related to Watson's power, fame, or ability to throw a football though.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m no lawyer, but if the 3-4 week rumor is true, one might surmise that the actual details of the case are a tad different than the details made available to the public. Goodell is a scumbag, but 3-4 games is a suspension he hands out to dudes who get caught with an ounce of weed in their pocket. 

Same with Gaetz too, right Elise?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Becoming a Deshaun Watson cheerleader for the sake of of keeping your boring Zach Wilson narrative / Mike White fetish alive and kicking is some pretty extraordinary mental gymnastics, even for you.

This rumor comes from fake Twitter “insider”?  

i heard speculation the NFL might drag it out a year to punish Watson for his contract that assumed a suspension this season, but that would be a bold move and drag it out.  The shield protects the shield first, so I bet they get it over with.  

Has to be 1/2 a season at least.  

• Upvote 1

Calvin Ridley (AKA low Hanging Fruit) gets a year for betting on games his team played in while he was injured (Protect the inegrity of the game!)

NFL will not have the nads to give Watson more than 7-8 weeks. 

15 hours ago, Jetty said:

Surprised he would even get suspended since the case was thrown out.

It pays to be a football star. Some people even get away with murder.  You and I would face a jury innocent or not.

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Same with Gaetz too, right Elise?

This is extremely offensive on several fronts, but mostly for the implication that I live north of the NYS Thruway

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Ironic. What did Jussie in during his trial was text messages/communication proving that he was lying and you buy that just fine, but refuse to believe victims who have texts/Instagram messages (that he tried to delete) from Watson apologizing for making them feel uncomfortable.  For the record, Watson’s only defense is that his abhorrent actions were consensual (as if he gets to determine that), you do know that right?  

I’m sure the results of these trials, so far, and your stance, are not related to Watson's power, fame, or ability to throw a football though.

So Juicy’s text did him in, and Deshaun’s didn’t?  Interesting 

• slats locked this topic