Finally Happened, I Got the 'Rona

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Get well soon.  I know many people have little or no symptoms after testing positive these days, but after having an extremely bad case run through the family last year, do not take it lightly.  Lost my Dad to it and it is not a joke.

Sorry, Dom. ♥️

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Get well soon.  Still having breathing issues after a bad bout in January, hope your own symptoms are mild!

Me too. Got it before new year’s and I’m still having breathing issues 

Finally got it a few weeks ago after going to.. drumroll… Florida.

first week had a sore throat, dizzy spells and back pain. Started feeling better by day 4/5 and thought it was over.  Then a few days later the migraine  headaches kicked in and felt extremely lethargic- slept 12+ hours multiple nights. Developed a  cough after 10 days tested positive for two straight weeks with symptoms.  Wasn’t the worst sickness I’ve had but wasn’t fun.

Rest up and hope you have a speedy recovery

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

With at least three "co-morbidities", so wish me luck!

stay hydrated.  pay attention to what your body is telling you. i haven't had it yet but my son and daughter just got it a few days ago and they visited.  keeping my fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

I got the J&J shot in ‘20. Got what I assume was the Delta variety earlier this year. I got off pretty easy, basically a week long cold with some bad headaches. Nothing lingering, though. Like @TheNuuFaaolaExperience, I consider that to be my booster, too. Coming up to NY next month, I’m hoping that booster works. Hearing about friends and acquaintances getting it there recently. 

Good luck Fish!

It really is making the rounds right now. My family finally got it for the first time last week and I know 4 or 5 other families that were in the same boat as us last week too. Luckily we didn't get anything too too bad other than  totally congested nose, body aches, sore joints and low grade fevers. Lasted about 5-6 days and we're all feeling much better now. 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

With at least three "co-morbidities", so wish me luck!

If you were smart you take ivermectin or HCQ  and Zinc .   ( proven treatment doctors who treat this give .      Front line doctors( look them up)  . You take Zinc , vitamin C and vitamin D every morning you won’t get the flu or Covid 19:    Since you have it .   I would serious consider what I telling you.        They are finding Ivernectin  works very well curing cancer .    DON’t believe me . Go to NIH.gov  do a search ivermectin, and cancer .      The same way zinc prevents Covid from replicating , it figures  to do the same for cancer.       

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

All of them so far, except the loss of taste one.  Still have my taste.

I had it a month ago - lost my taste a bit - not all the way. It was weird - everything tasted less flavorful. Mine just went into a head cold. Hope yours is mild too.

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I had it a month ago - lost my taste a bit - not all the way. It was weird - everything tasted less flavorful. Mine just went into a head cold. Hope yours is mild too.

I have the same experience with food every time we go visit my in laws.

• Haha 1

Sorry you are sick @Warfish. I had Alpha back in March/April 2020, worst part were the intractable fevers. Someone mentioned getting an antiviral, but I strongly recommend against that. I've seen way too many bad outcomes from things like remdesivir, I'll leave it at that. 

Vitamin C, D, and zinc are very important day to day, and are still considered part of many hospital inpatient protocols. If you are currently on a PPI, I would recommend stopping it for the time being as they have a strong depletory effect on zinc. 

For respiratory issues, I would recommend regular breathing exercises; do NOT give in to being sick and riding it out. Be as active as you can, and at least 4-5 times a day do some sort of regimented breathing exercise (Wim Hof on YT has some good videos).

For fevers, I am a fan of NSAIDs, not a fan of acetaminophen; my observation is that the former has a stronger effect on fevers, albeit for shorter periods, and with increased risk of GI issues. However, acetaminophen depletes glutathione, so I'll go with NSAIDs. I'd add in NAC to bolster glutathione production as well. Everything you may or may not have read about quercetin and bromelain is true too; they're terrific, but be careful with overlap with NSAIDs. 

Monoclonal infusions seem to work best early on from my observations. Anyone coming in for them at the ~7 day mark of symptoms who claim they helped were likely about to turn the corner anyway. We are using one now that is a 1 minute IV push followed by an observation period of ~1 hour, so that's a pretty good deal. Call a hospital or healthcare center that offers them and ask if you meet the criteria (knowing your body type, I'd say you do). 

Feel better soon, bud.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

How long did the symptoms last? Dealing with it right now (day 4)

feel better @Warfish

Thursday 5 - I woke up feeling like a cold was coming on. Went to work and made it through the day. Did yard work for a few hours and I was feeling better than I was in the morning.

Friday 6- Woke up with a stuffy head and sinuses and that "I have a cold feeling." Was supposed to see DD Verni and the Cadillac Band at Count Basie. I probably could have toughed it out, but I didn't want to get my family and friends sick, even though I thought it was just a sinus infection. 

Saturday 7 - Wasn't feeling better and took a rapid test. It came up positive immediately. Took a second test to confirm.

Sunday 8 - First day of feeling slightly better. Still had a stuffy head and sinuses

Monday 9 - Feeling 50% better

Tuesday 10 - 60% better

Wednesday 11 - 75% better

Thursday 12 - 90% better

Friday 13 - 92% better. Went camping all weekend

Wednesday 18 - Today - Still not 100%

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

If you were an idiot you take ivermectin or HCQ  and Zinc .   ( proven treatment incompetent doctors who treat this give .      Front line doctors( look them up)  . You take Zinc , vitamin C and vitamin D every morning it will do nothing for the flu or Covid 19:    Since you have it .   I would serious consider what I telling you.        They are finding Ivernectin  works very well curing cancer .    DON’t believe me . Go to NIH.gov  do a search ivermectin, and cancer .      The same way zinc prevents Covid from replicating , it figures  to do the same for cancer.       

fixed. I'm not sure what Ivernectin is, so I'll let that pass.