Jets Sign Garrett Wilson

4 minutes ago, slats said:

I think this might be the team’s most consequential draft pick. They tried very hard to find a star caliber vet at WR, and were willing to pay thru the nose to get it done. GW is something of a consolation prize in that regard. They wanted an immediate, sure-fire #1, and for good reason - Zach needed help. Instead, they have a highly regarded rookie. A lot riding on how fast he develops and how good he can be. 

I think from Day 1 he has enough skill and diversity even with a limited route tree to be a significant upgrade over Keelan Cole. If this were a couple years ago it might be a tough road for Garrett as he would be the only WR to worry about, but Moore is a weapon and Davis is a solid #2 so they can't just double Garrett plus we can scheme him open easily on shorter passes, and rely on his YAC. We absolutely must throw down the field and often to get 6 in the box. Run Run pass will be a disaster. If we can get them into 2 high because of the threats of Wilson, Moore and Davis down the field we can be a very very formidable offense.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

those all hand catches he was making in the jets hype video from practice yesterday. is what makes me smile. he just plucks that ball out the air no body catching..

Do you have a link to this video? I must've missed it. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

His body control mid-air is special. He can twist and turn around in all different angles & still haul it in. Lots of concentration on his catches. Love Garrett Wilson. Lots to look forward to.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Im scared to post youtube content on here anymore. But its on there Official youtube page.

Youtube links are fine.  They don't affect site bandwidth and storage.  It's uploaded videos that can be an issue.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

those all hand catches he was making in the jets hype video from practice yesterday. is what makes me smile. he just plucks that ball out the air no body catching..

NFLN was replaying Jets-Bengals on Monday. Zach threw to Mims in the end zone. He had a defender behind him, and instead of catching the ball away from his body, he let it hit his shoulder pads and pop out. You could see the other Jet players just hang their heads. Zach looked up at the sky..... I can only guess what he was thinking. Joseph Smith wouldn't be happy

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nycdan said:

What the hell with posting a YouTube video, man?  You know you can't do that!  Now I have to ban you for 3 days.

*grumble*

is this really a thing?

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

Also a little bonus of Quinnen looking explosive on there as well plus more.

Elijah Moore is silky smooth.

Breece Hall has some soft hands. Wow. Dude is going to be a problem for defenses.

Braxton Berrios with the super quick feet.

I would not want to be the guy tackling CJ. Guy is a tank. Just give him the YAC and live.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Nice. I’m really excited to see him and Elijah Moore on the field together. Curious to see how they use then.

I'm trying to think of two star WRs on a team where one wasn't at least 6'2".  The only thing I can come up with is Duper and Clayton (who were both much shorter than Wilson).  I'd settle for that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

I think this might be the team’s most consequential draft pick. They tried very hard to find a star caliber vet at WR, and were willing to pay thru the nose to get it done. GW is something of a consolation prize in that regard. They wanted an immediate, sure-fire #1, and for good reason - Zach needed help. Instead, they have a highly regarded rookie. A lot riding on how fast he develops and how good he can be. 

A *lot* more riding on Zach Wilson.  In fact, the entire team and 2022 season is riding on Zach Wilson, and the issue is still in doubt. 

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm trying to think of two star WRs on a team where one wasn't at least 6'2".  The only thing I can come up with is Duper and Clayton (who were both much shorter than Wilson).  I'd settle for that.

Those guys were before my time.

Here’s another one for you.

Greatest Show on Turf

QB: Kurt Warner 6’2” 214lbs

WR1: Isaac Bruce 6’0” 188lbs

WR2: Torry Holt: 6’0” 200lbs

WR3: Az Hakim: 5’10” 189lbs

RB1: Marshall Faulk 5’10” 211lbs

Added a few more starters. They were all small. 😂 Just way faster than everyone.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

A *lot* more riding on Zach Wilson.  In fact, the entire team and 2022 season is riding on Zach Wilson, and the issue is still in doubt. 

Really? Cool. Did not know that. 

I think the pressure is on the coaching staff. JD did his job bringing in talent, now they have to incorporate 12+ new starters/major contributors. And they have Zach on their hands, too. Big job to get this very young team together in a hurry. This is why I’m glad we go a month without a divisional game. 

23 minutes ago, slats said:

I think the pressure is on the coaching staff.

It's going to be a lot of pressure on Saleh all season long if Zach Wilson does not pan out.  If Wilson plays well and with consistency, it will make Saleh and staff look good.

How Wilson looks is going to pretty much be how Saleh looks.

The league has morphed into a QB league.  Even McVay needed to get the QB bottleneck out of his way in order to win a Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I know that this doesn't match your criteria exactly, but it's what came to mind...

image.thumb.png.df2e56011244baa55dfe83c9180dc549.png

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1