Jets Sign Garrett Wilson

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

Lol size queen. Love it, sorry boys ?

True story; and I believe @Lith (maybe that was David Johnson) can verify - back in the catacombs of JI, Paradis was not only an Antonio Borwn fan, but I was virtually starting the threads about how incredibly nuanced his game was and how badly the jets needed to select him in rnd 3-4. He was in every mock.  I actually don’t know if I met another believer as high on Brown as I was. And let’s be clear, he was not a popular name. He was largely billed as a G5 special teamer development/return guy. I was in love  

I HATE Pit as much as any team in our Div and so when they drafted him I just closed that chapter of heart and let it go  

(PS, I liked Sanders and to a lesser extent  Wallace too.  Pit has a history of taking WRs I like;. Makes it worse).  

Can't help you on Brown.  I was not yet on JN, JI or any other Jets website, I joined up late in 2010 when I was going to the AFCCG in Pittsburgh to see if there was a place to get together with other Jet fans.

I do remember the David Johnson love, which I shared.  Read about him in a column on small school guys during his senior year, watched a bunch of his games and I wanted him.  Badly. 

I remember thinking that I was the first guy to bring him up on JI.  At least until you proved me wrong.

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zachs leap has a name.  Its called breece hall, elijah moore, corey davis, braxton berrios, breece hall, michael carter, cj uzamah, conky, laken tomlinson, AVT, Mechi Becton.

This Jets offense is more talented then the bengals offense last year.

Wow, Breece Hall must really be something. He got Zach to jump twice. 

Honestly,  I'm still reading you that you wrote the Jets, one of the worst in teams in the league last season is better offensively than the team that went to a SB last season and really trying to take you seriously from this point on.  

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Wow, Breece Hall must really be something. He got Zach to jump twice. 

Honestly,  I'm still reading you that you wrote the Jets, one of the worst in teams in the league last season is better offensively than the team that went to a SB last season and really trying to take you seriously from this point on.  

Well break it down.  

QBs - Adv - bengals - this gap will shrink majorly in Zach's 2nd year

RBs - Adv - Jets

Oline - Adv - Jets

TE - Adv - Jets

WR - Adv - bengals but honestly, we are deeper then them having berrios as our 4th.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well break it down.  

RBs - Adv - Jets

Oline - Adv - Jets

TE - Adv - Jets

WR - Adv - bengals but honestly, we are deeper then them having berrios as our 4th.

Please stop. You have absolutely  no credibility  any longer. 

By your measure, the Jets will be in SB this season. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well break it down.  

RBs - Adv - Jets

Oline - Adv - Jets

TE - Adv - Jets

Sorry but RB advantage goes to Bengals and Mixon. These kids haven’t even completed a full NFL season (Carter injured and out a few games). 

QB/WR big time advantage for Bengals. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Sorry but RB advantage goes to Bengals and Mixon. These kids haven’t even completed a full NFL season (Carter injured and out a few games). 

QB/WR big time advantage for Bengals. 

Position group as a whole?  No way.  They have nothing after Joe Mixon.  This is the nfl.  17 weeks.  Injuries are going to happen.  The Jets rb group is better then the bengals.

Position group as a whole?  No way.  They have nothing after Joe Mixon.  This is the nfl.  17 weeks.  Injuries are going to happen.  The Jets rb group is better then the bengals.
Mixon > Carter ... Breese could even it

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I called everything this franchise has done starting with the robert salah hiring.  But yes, I have no credibility.

The Jets hiring Saleh was one of the worst kept secrets in the league along with the hiring of JD. 

You also called 10+ wins and a playoff appearance  last season or did you forget that which woukd be amazing with the amount of times it was shoved in your face here 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I wasn't  going to mention this but RB and WR are not even close along with QB.  There is nobody that compares with them. Maybe Hall will be as good as Mixon but as it stand now, Mixon is top 5 in the league. Uzumoh was so highly thought of by the Bengals,  they let him walk.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rushing: 1205 yards - 13 TD’s

Receiving: 42 - 314 yards - 3 TD’s

16 games played

GIF by Steve Harvey TV

On 5/18/2022 at 4:14 PM, nycdan said:

I'm trying to think of two star WRs on a team where one wasn't at least 6'2".  The only thing I can come up with is Duper and Clayton (who were both much shorter than Wilson).  I'd settle for that.

Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne is an example 

On 5/20/2022 at 5:22 PM, More Cowbell said:

Uzumoh was so highly thought of by the Bengals,  they let him walk.

Maybe they did value him, but thinking ahead cap wise, maybe they valued other guys more. The reality of the cap, and talented rosters, is having to make tough choices at some point. I don't think Uzumoh was that a tough choice, but in a cap free league they might have fought to resign him at least to an extent. It's why the good teams don't give homer contracts to average home grown guys just because some fans think they should. 

On 5/20/2022 at 5:22 PM, More Cowbell said:

I wasn't  going to mention this but RB and WR are not even close along with QB.  There is nobody that compares with them. Maybe Hall will be as good as Mixon but as it stand now, Mixon is top 5 in the league. Uzumoh was so highly thought of by the Bengals,  they let him walk.

Mixon being top five in the league is a stretch IMO. He’s a pretty inefficient runner (4.1 YPC last year) who has nice counting stats because he benefits from high volume on a good offense. His 2020 season was pretty brutal.

Think he just kind of lacks the pop to be a game changer.

32 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Maybe they did value him, but thinking ahead cap wise, maybe they valued other guys more. The reality of the cap, and talented rosters, is having to make tough choices at some point. I don't think Uzumoh was that a tough choice, but in a cap free league they might have fought to resign him at least to an extent. It's why the good teams don't give homer contracts to average home grown guys just because some fans think they should. 

I'm hopeful for him. He has talent but some people are making it sound like we just signed Gonzalez.  

20 minutes ago, derp said:

Mixon being top five in the league is a stretch IMO. He’s a pretty inefficient runner (4.1 YPC last year) who has nice counting stats because he benefits from high volume on a good offense. His 2020 season was pretty brutal.

2020 being a down year was the result of Burrow blowing out his knee and Ryan Finley finishing the season. 
“Through the Bengals' first nine games, Burrow had been hit a total of 72 times, which was tied with Daniel Jones for the most by a rookie quarterback in his first nine games over the past 20 years. A big reason Burrow has taken so many hits is because the Bengals' offensive line has been playing below average football for nearly the entire season.”

Pretty easy for a DC to figure out you want to see Ryan Finley win the game on 3rd and long. 8-9 man fronts!

34 minutes ago, derp said:

I just want to ask. Are ypu representing 4.1 a carry as inefficient?. You do realize that works out to over 12 yards every 3 carries,  right? I also believe he was injured most of 2020. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

2020 being a down year was the result of Burrow blowing out his knee and Ryan Finley finishing the season. 
“Through the Bengals' first nine games, Burrow had been hit a total of 72 times, which was tied with Daniel Jones for the most by a rookie quarterback in his first nine games over the past 20 years. A big reason Burrow has taken so many hits is because the Bengals' offensive line has been playing below average football for nearly the entire season.”

Pretty easy for a DC to figure out you want to see Ryan Finley win the game on 3rd and long. 8-9 man fronts!

This would be an excellent explanation were it not for the fact that Burrow got hurt after Mixon got hurt. All six games Mixon played in 2020 were with Burrow at QB.

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I just want to ask. Are ypu representing 4.1 a carry as inefficient?. You do realize that works out to over 12 yards every 3 carries,  right? I also believe he was injured most of 2020. 

Yes, yes, and 3.6 yards per carry pre injury in 2020.

On 5/20/2022 at 5:16 PM, More Cowbell said:

The Jets hiring Saleh was one of the worst kept secrets in the league along with the hiring of JD. 

You also called 10+ wins and a playoff appearance  last season or did you forget that which woukd be amazing with the amount of times it was shoved in your face here 

To be fair he was screaming for Saleh well before Saleh was even considered fur a head coaching job. He was carrying on about the” bald beast” for quite the while. Beyond that he’s a he’s been over the top and it seems to be working. 

31 minutes ago, derp said:

This would be an excellent explanation were it not for the fact that Burrow got hurt after Mixon got hurt. All six games Mixon played in 2020 were with Burrow at QB.

The OL that got JB killed was also the one unable to open holes for JM

34 minutes ago, derp said:

Yes, yes, and 3.6 yards per carry pre injury in 2020.

Why are you so focused on 2020 when he was hurt? Every other year he has averaged  over 4 yards a carry except his rookie year where he played behind Hill

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair he was screaming for Saleh well before Saleh was even considered fur a head coaching job. He was carrying on about the” bald beast” for quite the while. Beyond that he’s a he’s been over the top and it seems to be working. 

What is working? 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Gee, I thought the season had already started! Thanks for the info. Appeared like they were playing in Miami by the looks of it. 

He just posted a group pic. They are selling NFTs now lol. What a world 

4C9F3104-12A9-4B29-83DD-B0F9A24A916A.png