I haven't complained about Mekhi Becton in like a week

9 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

We shot for the moon and came up short. Tristan Wirfs Was the pick we fumbled it. 2020 draft looking sh*t right now.

Fortunately 2021 draft looks a lot better.

The team needed an LT. Fant was a huge question mark at that point. Why take a RT when a monster LT is sitting in your lap?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Look up his scouting profiles. I don’t see many at all that say he’ll be an LT 

EEE77791-6AB6-4918-880E-FB8EF7E0285B.png

He’d be the Jets LT or RT I guess, considering Fant has worked out. But there’s nothing to me with his profile that says he can’t play Lt. He’s an athletic freak. Becton failed a drug test at the combine and has basically gone awol for over a year. It’s a miss and in retrospect Wirfs was the choice.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He’d be the Jets LT or RT I guess, considering Fant has worked out. But there’s nothing to me with his profile that says he can’t play Lt. He’s an athletic freak. Becton failed a drug test at the combine and has basically gone awol for over a year. It’s a miss and in retrospect Wirfs was the choice.

So without hindsight you’d take a guy projected at g or rt with a complete unknown in fant? 

Wirfs also had the massive advantage of the goat qb behind him who gets the ball out insanely fast. 

• Upvote 4

I'm on record pre-draft warning against the Becton pick.  I'm on record this off season insisting the Jets brass wanted to replace him.  I still don't believe he will work out.

On the other hand.  Considering all the mudslinging sent in his direction, I REALLY hope Becton comes back and blows the roof off the LT spot.  If that happens, I hope the fans go out of their way to kiss his ass with great zeal.

I cant remember every wanting a guy to prove the fans wrong (including myself) more than I do Becton.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Becton wasn’t my OT1 that year either it was Wills. I just think it’s crazy to completely trash a guy like many have here over and over again for missing a year. It happens. It’s just that mindset that I don’t understand. Why do that when the guy showed serious promise as a rookie and has a sky high ceiling? Personally me as a FAN of this team I’m rooting for him to do well

Some people just need something to bitch about I guess and they latched onto becton to do that with. 

Probably because the entire team, coaching staff etc is at the facility and the biggest question mark on the team who missed last season is still MIA. He's not an established player and the organization still cant give a straight answer on what his deal is. He's a distraction and extra luggage at this point.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Probably because the entire team, coaching staff etc is at the facility and the biggest question mark on the team who missed last season is still MIA. He's not an established player and the organization still cant give a straight answer on what his deal is. He's a distraction and extra luggage at this point.

Dude it’s May. Why’s it really matter if he’s there or training with his highly touted trainer? The only ones he’s distracting are the people who are obsessed with him 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Dude it’s May. Why’s it really matter if he’s there or training with his highly touted trainer? The only ones he’s distracting are the people who are obsessed with him 

The entire team is there. No one cares about his trainer if he doesnt work for the team. He's not Tom Brady. The organization still cant say what exactly the deal is. Rehab, pregnant gf, working out somewhere else, why he missed all of last season....all question marks compounded by him still being missing.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The entire team is there. No one cares about his trainer if he doesnt work for the team. He's not Tom Brady. The organization still cant say what exactly the deal is. Rehab, pregnant gf, working out somewhere else, why he missed all of last season....all question marks compounded by him still being missing.

It’s not even OTAs. Now if he was missing mandatory camp I’d also be concerned. Him not being there now doesn’t bother me at all. It looks like he’s working hard and in good shape. Do you want him to do well and turn out to be great? I do and if for him to stay home to support his pregnant girl and work with his trainer is what’s best in his situation then that’s on him. He’s an adult and can make his own decisions 

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

Becton wasn’t my OT1 that year either it was Wills. I just think it’s crazy to completely trash a guy like many have here over and over again for missing a year. It happens. It’s just that mindset that I don’t understand. Why do that when the guy showed serious promise as a rookie and has a sky high ceiling? Personally me as a FAN of this team I’m rooting for him to do well

Some people just need something to bitch about I guess and they latched onto becton to do that with. 

Exactly.  It would be different if he sucked in his rookie year, but based on his body of work, it only takes half a brain to realize - as long as his knee holds out, he should pick up where he left off.  What makes anyone think otherwise?  If he's damaged beyond repair, that's a completely different subject, it doesn't have anything to do with his talent or motivation.  He's already proven himself.  Some very strange characters posting here.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

image.thumb.png.74e985185ccdfae1f6843b79236bc4e7.png

Are we sure that she's the one pregnant?

Ah the belly button outtie stage of pregnancy. When the Mrs asks you if she stills looks beautiful around this time, do not mention how weird the outtie belly button is.  Honesty has a price.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Ah the belly button outtie stage of pregnancy. When the Mrs asks you if she stills looks beautiful around this time, do not mention how weird the outtie belly button is.  Honesty has a price.

She has a look on her face that suggests one should always choose their words very carefully when addressing her, pregnant or not. 

9 minutes ago, slats said:

She has a look on her face that suggests one should always choose their words very carefully when addressing her, pregnant or not. 

Oh? I thought it was because her boobs have gotten so heavy she needs help holding them up. Those workouts with Duke are really paying off! 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I'm concerned about Becton, as most are here, but none of these are the reasons why. That he looked bad against Carl Lawson throughout camp and then looked scattered before his injury during the regular season.... those are reasons to worry. And the only answer to any of that is to see him in action again. The rest is internet panty-bunching.

10 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I'm concerned about Becton, as most are here, but none of these are the reasons why. That he looked bad against Carl Lawson throughout camp and then looked scattered before his injury during the regular season.... those are reasons to worry. And the only answer to any of that is to see him in action again. The rest is internet panty-bunching.

I’m not worried at all. I know he’s not in the teams plans  anyway. I’m just hoping Mitchell can play.

• Haha 1