The Jake Asman show

19 minutes ago, MykePM said:

I think there's a whole conversation around what the term "#1 receiver" really means.  Is it (1) the receiver who's in the role that the offense is designed to feature, or is it (2) the receiver with the most talent, or is it (3) the one who ends up with the most receiving yards at the end of the year?  

If all stay healthy, I'd say that (1) is Corey Davis, (2) is Garrett Wilson, and (3) will be Elijah Moore.  No matter how you slice it up, having those three in our WR room is light years ahead of the Chaz Schilens / Jeremy Kerley days.

Wow!!!!  You have Davis and Wilson outplaying Moore?  Thats interesting.  I have Moore, Davis then Wilson/Berrios will be close.

And anyone who thinks that Berrios is going to be stashed on the bench as wr4 is kidding themselves.  He is going to be a major contributor on this offense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Wow!!!!  You have Davis and Wilson outplaying Moore?  Thats interesting.  I have Moore, Davis then Wilson/Berrios will be close.

And anyone who thinks that Berrios is going to be stashed on the bench as wr4 is kidding themselves.  He is going to be a major contributor on this offense.

No, those weren't rankings.  Based on the different definitions of "#1 receiver" that I threw out there, I had Davis as the WR that the offense is designed to feature, Wilson as potentially the most talented, and Moore as the one who would have the most receiving yards.  Depending on what you think a #1 receiver is, you can make the argument that any of them is the one for the Jets this year (or will be eventually).

Again, depending on your definition of a #X receiver, I think Berrios is WR4 - and will be a great one.  This coaching staff believes in having rotations at certain positions, so I agree that Berrios will see a lot of playing time on offense, and will be very productive.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MykePM said:

I think there's a whole conversation around what the term "#1 receiver" really means.  Is it (1) the receiver who's in the role that the offense is designed to feature, or is it (2) the receiver with the most talent, or is it (3) the one who ends up with the most receiving yards at the end of the year?  

If all stay healthy, I'd say that (1) is Corey Davis, (2) is Garrett Wilson, and (3) will be Elijah Moore.  No matter how you slice it up, having those three in our WR room is light years ahead of the Chaz Schilens / Jeremy Kerley days.

Moore is #1 Davis is #2 and Wilson is #3

On 5/20/2022 at 1:08 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

On 5/20/2022 at 3:19 PM, johnnysd said:

Moore is #1 Davis is #2 and Wilson is #3

If Moore is #1 that would be great news.  He got stronger obviously, so it could happen.  If he becomes a real WR1 even better news.  

• Upvote 1