Another Media Insult

11 hours ago, MykePM said:

I’m not trying to censor humor, and I’ve read some clever, funny stuff in The Onion.  I want them to do better.  The cheap, throwaway Jets joke is the laziest form of sports humor.  It’s become the lowbrow equivalent of slipping on a banana peel or a pie in the face.

Knock knock jokes are still funny.

So are hets jokes until they aren’t relevant or steeped in reality.

I feel like plenty of people on JN make fun of the Jets as well but we don't like when others do the same.  It's sort of like a "I can make fun of my brother but a non-family member can't" type situation.  Fwiw, I think it's a funny article.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel like plenty of people on JN make fun of the Jets as well but we don't like when others do the same.  It's sort of like a "I can make fun of my brother but a non-family member can't" type situation.  Fwiw, I think it's a funny article.  

Holy crap, you nailed it.  I had even had the thought that the Curb Your Enthusiasm joke was somehow better because “at least Larry David is one of us”. 

Jets fans are fat easy targets because our expectations are always wildly out of touch from reality. There are many bad teams but their fans are not gullible enough to believe that they are winning 10 games out of nowhere 

The Onion, fwiw, is based in Chicago. And the Bears are the only pre bye week team that the Jets might not be an underdog to 

On 5/21/2022 at 9:44 AM, GreenFish said:

Used to love reading the Onion. For whatever reason I stopped. Not sure of the quality of their work now, but when they first started, they put out some funny stuff. For those that might not be familiar, they are a satirical publication. 

Their Derek Jeter to outfield piece was one of my favorites, up there with with the Ethan Albright open letter to John Madden and the Sexy Rexy I'm throwing it downfield article.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Their Derek Jeter to outfield piece was one of my favorites, up there with with the Ethan Albright open letter to John Madden and the Sexy Rexy I'm throwing it downfield article.

"So, I'll be playing whichever dicklick position I goddamn feel like," Jeter added. "Hell, maybe I'll play shortstop, third base, catcher, second base, and first base all at the same time. Have my own little around-the-horn circle jerk for five ******* hours if the mood strikes me. How'd that sit with everyone? Good? Good."

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2022 at 3:43 PM, bitonti said:

Jets fans are fat easy targets because our expectations are always wildly out of touch from reality. There are many bad teams but their fans are not gullible enough to believe that they are winning 10 games out of nowhere 

The Onion, fwiw, is based in Chicago. And the Bears are the only pre bye week team that the Jets might not be an underdog to 

I don’t think we win a game until we face the bears who are a similar dumpster fire in week 11