Being a Jets fan is like being in perpetual pergatory

1/2 of NFL fan bases feel tortured… many legitimately.  

It is nice to see us operating like a professional franchise which is half the battle. The other half of the battle is a franchise QB.

We have a bunch of quality young men on this team. A team that might have some actual home grown stars.  A team that is set-up to be more consistently competitive. A team on the rise.  

Have to enjoy the journey since a Super Bowl isn’t promised.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

whaaaa poor me. 

It's a sport, a form of entertainment.

Nothing more.  You're owed nothing for watching or following no matter how loyal.  

It's not your friend, family, or wife.

Its reality tv. 

To some it means more than that, maybe to you it doesn’t and that’s fine but poor take here. 

13 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

To some it means more than that, maybe to you it doesn’t and that’s fine but poor take here. 

I've been a die hard since 83.  Died inside more times than I can count.

The sooner you realize what I posted is the truth, the better off you'll be.

Live in the moment of the game and let it go the second it ends.  

On 5/21/2022 at 10:48 AM, Alka said:

I don't want to get religious here, so please know I am only quoting something I read recently:

"A Spanish theologian from the late Middle Ages once argued that the average Christian spends 1000 to 2000 years in purgatory (according to Stephen Greenblatt's "Hamilton in Purgatory). But there's no official take on the average sentence."

I am 63 years old, and I was a Jets fan since 1968.  I was at the AFC Championship game, and watched the Jets win the Super Bowl.  

But my memory was that of a 9 year old child, and that memory is pretty much completely gone, with the exception of me remembering that I was at the AFC Championship game.  I really don't remember the game, but remembered Joe Namath getting hit all day, standing strong in the pocket.

As a Jets fan, now is the time of year for excitement and positivity.  We are happy with the draft, and love the free agents that the Jets acquired in the offseason.  It is a time of hope, and a time of joy.

Then the preseason starts, and key injuries occur.  Then the season starts, and the losses begin to accumulate.  Then all of the naysayers who predicted that the Jets would once again suck, look like they knew what they were talking about, even though they don't.  They just go by what happened every single year in the past, and use that information to predict what will happen in the current year.  They will most probably be right, because it's every year that the Jets fall apart, so it becomes a safe bet.

I want pergatory to end, because I want to experience some real joy before my time on this earth is up.  This year looks promising, but so does every year.  The Jets have gotten better, but the argument is that so has every other team in the AFC East.  

A message to all of you young people out there, 18 years of age and younger.  I am confident that the Jets will win another Super Bowl in the next 50 years, so you will be able to experience some joy as a Jets fan.  For anyone older than 18 years of age, I'm not so sure anymore.

Let’s Go Rangers!

• Post of the Week 1