Jump to content

Bleacher Report: Zach Wilson dark horse to lead in TD passes


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No he isn’t but doesn’t change why 3 years worth of time practicing etc with a NFL team odds is advantageous on its own no matter the end game

Ok, so let me ask this

 How many QB's get drafted in the forst round and sit 2 years let alone 3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Being on the field for live reps speeds up that old process.  
 

Zach was great in camp and preseason games last year, but the real thing is always different.  

Zach was great because he never faced a first team D until the real games started and some of us tried to point that out the ones wearing the green tinted glasses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2022 at 2:17 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I just came to the disgusting realization that I'm going to be targeting an abnormally high volume of NYJ's in fantasy football drafts this season.

Save yourself the headache and give yourself a rule of only one jet allowed. On draft day, the optimism will set in and you’ll think you’re getting a steal. Don’t let the homerism blind and ruin your fantasy teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Save yourself the headache and give yourself a rule of only one jet allowed. On draft day, the optimism will set in and you’ll think you’re getting a steal. Don’t let the homerism blind and ruin your fantasy teams.

I usually dominate my league but thanks for the hot tip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, so let me ask this

 How many QB's get drafted in the forst round and sit 2 years let alone 3

In the old days when it was more about development or in today's game with a cap and the need to hit when you have the QB on his rookie deal?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In the old days when it was more about development or in today's game with a cap and the need to hit when you have the QB on his rookie deal?  

You know what, figure it out for yourself. I mean do I really need to answer this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You know what, figure it out for yourself. I mean do I really need to answer this?

You have a really delusional view of this conversation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
It's as if Jets fans can't actually believe a QB is capable of performing well on a bad team, so they have to make up reasons to suggest Watson really isn't good
Whelp hes needs to win a couple super bowls to justifies that redonculous contract in Cleveland... I'll take the under all day on that.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah but it's a little bit different when you have a ROOKIE qb that is getting no help from the supporting cast. The wheels come off sooner. He was already in his head and having the times when he actually made a good decision and play turn into a drop etc leads to the wheels coming off sooner.

I also saw Mike White look like dogsh*t against the Bills. And doubt Flacco would have looked better than White did (or White himself) in that last game throwing to Tariq Black in 35 mph winds.

One important stat I read recently, that I hadn’t heard of before and is definitely significant, IF all Jet receivers just dropped passes at “the league average”.....Zach Wilson’s Completion % jumps to 65%.

Wilson also led the league in hitting receivers who were stopped at the 1 yard line.

I’m confident all that changes with the talent infused into this offense.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

One important stat I read recently, that I hadn’t heard of before and is definitely significant, IF all Jet receivers just dropped passes at “the league average”.....Zach Wilson’s Completion % jumps to 65%.

Wilson also led the league in hitting receivers who were stopped at the 1 yard line.

I’m confident all that changes with the talent infused into this offense.

How much better would his average be if he threw the league average for worm killers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2022 at 8:44 AM, the Claw said:

Oh, ffs. Let’ s just start with winning more than 5 games. 

I’ll take at least 5 wins and an outstanding sophomore year from Zach. Anything less on both aspects would be excruciating and result in @T0mShane doing backflips and selling Mike White t-shirts for $5 bucks on Times Square. 

6FB365F8-B30B-44DD-9A61-4391AC4945F3.png

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

How much better would his average be if he threw the league average for worm killers

You say this like every other throw was in the dirt. Zach was pretty bad last year, I don’t think anyone is saying he doesn’t need to improve. He was always going to be a project and the jump BYU to the NFL is significant. Harping on his flaws as a rookie is pointless. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, the Claw said:

You say this like every other throw was in the dirt. Zach was pretty bad last year, I don’t think anyone is saying he doesn’t need to improve. He was always going to be a project and the jump BYU to the NFL is significant. Harping on his flaws as a rookie is pointless. 

Hey, it wasn't  me that pointed out an outstanding completion  percentage if just this happened. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

What IS the point? Does being factual matter to the point?

It was in response to a rediculous  comment from another poster about dropped passes and how much better Zachs completion percentage would be if there were fewer of those. Like that was his only problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

How much better would his average be if he threw the league average for worm killers

Brilliant statement.

If you were watching....That ALL stopped when he got back from his injury.

Who was the last Jet QB who could have hit all those throws, in the tightest of windows, against Tampa’s #4 D?  For that matter who was the last Jet QB who had Tom Brady beat for 59 minutes 30 seconds using his #4 WR (because his unit was decimated by injury) and No running game? Darnold, Smith, Sanchez lose that game by at least 30-40 points playing with the Same personnel as Wilson had.
The kid has lots of talent, whether he can do it consistently is the Only question.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It was in response to a rediculous  comment from another poster about dropped passes and how much better Zachs completion percentage would be if there were fewer of those. Like that was his only problem. 

I don't think he was saying that was his only problem, Mc. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Brilliant statement.

If you were watching....That ALL stopped when he got back from his injury.

Who was the last Jet QB who could have hit all those throws, in the tightest of windows, against Tampa’s #4 D?  For that matter who was the last Jet QB who had Tom Brady beat for 59 minutes 30 seconds using his #4 WR (because his unit was decimated by injury) and No running game? Darnold, Smith, Sanchez lose that game by at least 30-40 points playing with the Same personnel as Wilson had.
The kid has lots of talent, whether he can do it consistently is the Only question.

 

 

You put out a rediculous stat, so you should expect rediculous  responses.  

If I recall correctly, the Jets lost that game to Tampa. Yes the team played well but it was meaningless unless you were rooting for draft position.  This is what is wrong with this fan base. Patriot fans would be upset with a loss like that but we hold them up on a pedestal like they are a source of pride. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You put out a rediculous stat, so you should expect rediculous  responses.  

If I recall correctly, the Jets lost that game to Tampa. Yes the team played well but it was meaningless unless you were rooting for draft position.  This is what is wrong with this fan base. Patriot fans would be upset with a loss like that but we hold them up on a pedestal like they are a source of pride. 

How is that a “ridiculous” stat?  Saying Wilson would have had a 65% completion rate if only an underperforming Jet receiver group had been “average” is what is known as a projection.  Projections are used to make more rationale decisions based on data that maybe many people don’t know at the time (I didn’t know all the drops played into Wilson’s final stats until a few days ago.)  That stat “trues up” the quality of Wilson’s play in his rookie year.  Granted, the first part was abysmal and could you say “Rookie like”, but most importantly, he looks like he put all that behind him when he came back.

As far as some Patriot comparison and “winning” you’re going way off on a tangent and not addressing how extraordinarily well Wilson played against Tampa basically carrying an extremely depleted offense, things that say a future Franchise QB should be able to do.  Will he be that?  I don’t know, the jury is still out, he has to prove he can play that Tampa game consistently.  But it’s now on his resume, the Talent is there.

Bottom line....The Jet D holds and doesn’t give up that bomb in the last 30 seconds, you’d have a huge narrative being spoken about all off-season lauding “The Kid beat The GOAT....basically all by himself”....and even though the final score said that didn’t happen that shouldn’t detract from how well he played that game and the outstanding throws he made in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

How is that a “ridiculous” stat?  Saying Wilson would have had a 65% completion rate if only an underperforming Jet receiver group had been “average” is what is known as a projection.  Projections are used to make more rationale decisions based on data that maybe many people don’t know at the time (I didn’t know all the drops played into Wilson’s final stats until a few days ago.)  That stat “trues up” the quality of Wilson’s play in his rookie year.  Granted, the first part was abysmal and could you say “Rookie like”, but most importantly, he looks like he put all that behind him when he came back.

As far as some Patriot comparison and “winning” you’re going way off on a tangent and not addressing how extraordinarily well Wilson played against Tampa basically carrying an extremely depleted offense, things that say a future Franchise QB should be able to do.  Will he be that?  I don’t know, the jury is still out, he has to prove he can play that Tampa game consistently.  But it’s now on his resume, the Talent is there.

Bottom line....The Jet D holds and doesn’t give up that bomb in the last 30 seconds, you’d have a huge narrative being spoken about all off-season lauding “The Kid beat The GOAT....basically all by himself”....and even though the final score said that didn’t happen that shouldn’t detract from how well he played that game and the outstanding throws he made in it.

Look, if you want to take a stat that basically says if the bear didn't  💩 in the woods, he would have caught the rabbit, have at it. And I really find it funny how this Tampa game suddenly is important. I had actually forgotten all about it because we lost but what I do recall is Brady being extremely  rattled in that game but once he settled down, we lost. Seems we remember it differently.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...