OTA’s Start Today! Can’t Wait to See the Rookies& Which Vets Show Up!

44 minutes ago, Lith said:

25 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Thus begins the annual early summer tradition of reading each tweet thinking "XXX is great!" and "YYY sucks!" at the same time.  Only the names change depending on whether the pass was completed or broken up.

For my first and definitely not last overreactions…. MOoRe STilL CaN’T CatCh iN TraFfiC!!!

I’m actually hopeful this changes for Moore, but if not Carter and Conklin sound like they were catching stuff with a defender on them.  

Expressing opinions is one thing, but it's embarrassing reading most of this garbage.  I'm upset because I'm guilty by association by just being a Jets' fan.  "Waving Pom Poms" is no different than "The Sky is falling".  I don't advocate either at this point in time - I'm simply a realist.  And most importantly - I'm a Jets fan with a positive outlook.  I have very little tolerance for doom and gloom attention trolls, and that's on me - my apologies.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Drums said:

I'd prefer more than a Cimini article tbh. I thought more reporters would have broken that news with the way it gets talked about around here. Becton looks like he's good shape so props to him for shedding that weight if it was true.

With that said, how is him getting to 400 lbs when he couldn't walk and is a huge human being equal to him taking his rehab less seriously? Because that was not included in the Cimini article, but seems more like your own conjecture. 

Looks like Becton’s nutritionist is Cimini's source and although she isn't quoted as saying he was over 400 she did say his weight was back down to the 300s. He was 363 at the combine - why is it so hard to imagine that he gained 40 lbs?

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/13/new-york-jets-mekhi-becton-weight-nutritionist-ann-claiborne/

Ann Claiborne, Becton’s nutritionist, told Cimini that Becton’s weight is back down to the 300s. The two started working together during training camp in August and Claiborne helped Becton get down to 360 pounds before undergoing surgery on his knee.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

33 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

It’s the first OTA so don't want to make any crazy predictions but, based on the videos, we’re clearly Super Bowl bound. 2nd best if not the best team in the NFL right now.

You forgot the part where we go 17 - 0 and the superbowl parade goes through all five boroughs into Jersey and our momentum eventually carries us across the Mason Dixon line. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

How, exactly, does this honest take of yours work? Does Becton hold out the entire year? Does he just never, ever get healthy again? Do the Jets trade away a starting tackle without a viable backup? Or do they just cut him and eat $11M in dead money? 

Really curious, I’ll just hang up and listen. 

--

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Expressing opinions is one thing, but it's embarrassing reading most of this garbage.  I'm upset because I'm guilty by association by just being a Jets' fan.  "Waving Pom Poms" is no different than "The Sky is falling".  I don't advocate either at this point in time - I'm simply a realist.  And most importantly - I'm a Jets fan with a positive outlook.  I have very little tolerance for doom and gloom attention trolls, and that's on me - my apologies.

@LongTimeJetFan 

It looks like your buddy has returned @Lith

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Just a hunch. Something is still up there. Until he shows I’m assuming it’s over with the Jets.

Do the same crystal ball hunches tell you the same with all others on the roster? You know until they show and /or weigh in to your satisfaction?  

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Looks like Becton’s nutritionist is Cimini's source and although she isn't quoted as saying he was over 400 she did say his weight was back down to the 300s. He was 363 at the combine - why is it so hard to imagine that he gained 40 lbs?

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/13/new-york-jets-mekhi-becton-weight-nutritionist-ann-claiborne/

Ann Claiborne, Becton’s nutritionist, told Cimini that Becton’s weight is back down to the 300s. The two started working together during training camp in August and Claiborne helped Becton get down to 360 pounds before undergoing surgery on his knee.

Im sick of people saying that. Also a poster tried using it to say he didn’t take his rehab seriously. I am not trying to imagine anything, especially to hate on our own players. I want proof. And as you pointed out, there doesn’t seem to be any. Thanks for the help 

Also, this is proof the guy is working if he was 400 (not the biggest deal to me if he couldn't walk, probably needs to work harder than others to keep the weight down being such a big dude). 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

No the realists are the ones who are negative, not the positive slant.  You can't point out how simplistic it is to spew negativity while they tell you how simplistic it is to be positive.  

The realists also prove how right they are by referencing 1998, 2009 & 2010.  Because it's relevant.  Somehow 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Did you say ... doom?

@DoomProphet

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Do the same crystal ball hunches tell you the same with all others on the roster? You know until they show and /or weigh in to your satisfaction?  

It’s not a crystal ball really. It’s recognizing a pattern. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Are any of your takes based on actual facts?

Didn’t realize Rankins was still on the team. Fant wants a new contract we know his story (but also attended Phase 1 and 2). Lawson tore his Achilles and is on a faster track to return. What else?

2 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Well, that is our first interesting observation on the potential starting lineup.  Obviously, we'd expect Sauce to overtake one of the corner spots.  Plus things might change a bit day to day to give different guys a look.  

But it's notable at this stage that Carter remains at nickel rather than moving to safety, as some fans thought could be in the works.  The competition here is great.  I don't expect Hall or Reed to just give Sauce their job.  We are all expecting it to be Hall after Reed signed on as a free agent.  I can't wait to see the cornerback rotation come into focus.  It's going to be tough to keep Bryce Hall off the field and not sure there is a better slot on the team than Carter.  Possibly we see a non traditional rotation of corners to keep legs fresh and competition healthy, much like we will see on the DL.  

It's also notable that Pinnock is being given the first shot at FS.  We'll see if this holds this week and next.  If it does, it supports the strategy that JD and Saleh will give the younger players a chance to win the position over a vet like Joyner.  To me, this is refreshing and a great way to develop talent and manage the cap over the long term.  Vets like Joyner still fill a role, but it's a change from past strategies where their experience secured their starting position.  Now, guys like Joyner are 1 year insurance policies and quality depth.

Pinnock played pretty well at safety late last season despite being new to the position and playing on a very banged up defense. Hopefully he took the position change seriously this offseason and just runs away with the job. Would be awesome to have a good, affordable, team controlled solution to a pretty big question mark heading into this season on the back end.

The value of those mid-late round picks. Hopefully next draft moves back towards acquiring those. I wonder if they thought this draft went off a cliff. Odd they had so many two years ago and just didn't have much of an interest in keeping or acquiring them this year.

8 minutes ago, derp said:

Pinnock played pretty well at safety late last season despite being new to the position and playing on a very banged up defense. Hopefully he took the position change seriously this offseason and just runs away with the job. Would be awesome to have a good, affordable, team controlled solution to a pretty big question mark heading into this season on the back end.

The value of those mid-late round picks. Hopefully next draft moves back towards acquiring those. I wonder if they thought this draft went off a cliff. Odd they had so many two years ago and just didn't have much of an interest in keeping or acquiring them this year.

From what I read, the talent really fell of after the 4-5 rd.   Besides, how many rookies can make the team?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

We are so lucky that the Texans and Casserio are so utterly stupid to have taken Stingley at #3.

Getting cryptic 'We hope he might be ready for main camp, he has a ways to go comments from houston re Stingley'

Just a hunch, but I think we may look back on that particular decision by them as an absolute game-changer.  I wasn't even super high on Sauce at #4, but I did prefer him to Ekwonu, and definitely wasn't into Stingley there.  If Sauce turns out to be what I hope he can, then we will celebrate yet another case of HOU doing HOU things benefiting the rest of the league.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

It’s the first OTA so don't want to make any crazy predictions but, based on the videos, we’re clearly Super Bowl bound. 2nd best if not the best team in the NFL right now.

A view we can all respect until the first game.

9 and 8 would be great.