OTA’s Start Today! Can’t Wait to See the Rookies& Which Vets Show Up!

44 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

From what I read, the talent really fell of after the 4-5 rd.   Besides, how many rookies can make the team?

This team isn't so good that a bunch of rookies couldn't make it. Ravens draft a bunch of guys all the time. There was obviously some rationalization behind it but they ignored a few short and medium term needs that they definitely could've used guys - DT, LB, and iOL depth chiefly among them.

Obviously they see some needs there as they've kicked the tires on vets at two of those positions and had a waiver claim at a third, they chose not to address them via the draft, but I would've preferred a draft pick who might start at center next year kind of like Pinnock might end up starting at safety this year instead of some of the replacement level veteran iOL depth they've acquired.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I want someone to ask Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, and Sauce Gardner—considering the hardcore programs they each came from—if they had any idea that their practices in the NFL were going to be this relatively soft and cushy. 

I'm a homer, but this does concern me...Like Herm Edwards BBQ practices...

Practice soft, play soft

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I want someone to ask Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, and Sauce Gardner—considering the hardcore programs they each came from—if they had any idea that their practices in the NFL were going to be this relatively soft and cushy. 

281E8075-C75C-45FB-BBAB-F0867EBDBDAA.thumb.jpeg.b2cda37add0923debea369681052a7c4.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Expressing opinions is one thing, but it's embarrassing reading most of this garbage.  I'm upset because I'm guilty by association by just being a Jets' fan.  "Waving Pom Poms" is no different than "The Sky is falling".  I don't advocate either at this point in time - I'm simply a realist.  And most importantly - I'm a Jets fan with a positive outlook.  I have very little tolerance for doom and gloom attention trolls, and that's on me - my apologies.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No the realists are the ones who are negative, not the positive slant.  You can't point out how simplistic it is to spew negativity while they tell you how simplistic it is to be positive.  

The realists also prove how right they are by referencing 1998, 2009 & 2010.  Because it's relevant.  Somehow 

7662B211-51C2-4258-B545-6A29C52B75E0.jpeg

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach and Corey have a great connection.  If Corey can stay healthy, he is going to have a big year.

I know you are the eternal optimist but in this I agree with you.  I think Davis is much more suited to a #2, #3 type of Wr and he will do well this year.

17 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. I know for a fact from several players they hated how hard they were pushed in these early camps. They had the most injuries in the league because of it. 
They’d be stupid not to adjust and lighten them. 

Under Gase, I presume?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It seems like a concerted effort to avoid injuries, but it's definitely something to watch for. 

Not sure who to believe with this stuff. There seem to be conflicting narratives. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Good to see Wilson's mindset is where it should be:

Connor Hughes@Connor_J_Hughes 12m

Zach Wilson says the #Jets management have done a great job surrounding him with talent. “Now I have to do my job.”

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Towards the end, that shot where MC1 is standing there, uninvolved, and someone throws a football his way out of the frame and he just sticks one hand up and grabs it? That was damn cool. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Ooh, if Conn0r said it! 

Wouldn’t this be the stupidest time to push these guys and wind up getting someone hurt? Looks like they’re doing more installation stuff, getting a look at where everyone is at. Take your playbooks home, work and study hard, and we’ll see you at the mandatory camp. I mean, what is the actual complaint? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It’s not a crystal ball really. It’s recognizing a pattern. 

Coming into the offseason, hes had TWO others.  

One as a rookie when he attended OTA's.  Last year he didnt attend, was training on his own

Where's that pattern exactly that you recognized?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. I know for a fact from several players they hated how hard they were pushed in these early camps. They had the most injuries in the league because of it. 
They’d be stupid not to adjust and lighten them. 

People forget that Saleh was on the Jax staff when their 3rd overall pick, Dante Fowler, tore an ACL on the first day of camp and missed his entire rookie season.

Of course Saleh remembers all too well

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Didn’t realize Rankins was still on the team. Fant wants a new contract we know his story (but also attended Phase 1 and 2). Lawson tore his Achilles and is on a faster track to return. What else?

Fant is under contract, there is no strory

Lawson gets a pass because he's recovering from a season ending injury?  But Becton doesnt get one?  

What else?  I dont know, youre the one who proclaimed that Becton was the ONLT ONE MISSING from OTA's, not me

• Upvote 1