OTA’s Start Today! Can’t Wait to See the Rookies& Which Vets Show Up!

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fant is under contract, there is no strory

Lawson gets a pass because he's recovering from a season ending injury?  But Becton doesnt get one?  

What else?  I dont know, youre the one who proclaimed that Becton was the ONLT ONE MISSING from OTA's, not me

Lawson is coming of an achilles tear

33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Lawson is coming of an achilles tear

Who F'n cares?  Becton is coming back from a season ending knee injury, Lawson an Achilles, so what?  Your earlier take was a rehabbing player should be at camp rehabbing, etc, now not so much?

Stop flip flopping, its either a player should be there or he doesnt have to be.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, slats said:

Ooh, if Conn0r said it! 

Wouldn’t this be the stupidest time to push these guys and wind up getting someone hurt? Looks like they’re doing more installation stuff, getting a look at where everyone is at. Take your playbooks home, work and study hard, and we’ll see you at the mandatory camp. I mean, what is the actual complaint? 

I wasn’t complaining. I just think it’d be an interesting question for Sauce and Garrett Wilson to compare their early Jets practices to practices led by Ryan Day and Luke Fickell

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Who F'n cares?  Becton is coming back fro a season ending knee, Lawson an Achilles.  Your earlier take was a rehabbing player should be at camp rehabbing, now not so much?

Stop flip flopping, its either a player should be there or he doesnt have to be.  

Is Becton still rehabbing? 

14 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Get outta here with that

I’m asking seriously: were players unhappy last year about Saleh’s practices? I honestly don’t recall. I know @Larz suggested that was the case, but he failed to find the #receipts

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

When Becton is off the team in a matter of months, he'll be calling him a bust. Like clockwork.

I'll call him a bust?  Like clockwork?  LOL, youre stroking yourself buddy.   Dont tell someone what I will or wont call Becton.  You have no clue about Becton or me.  Work on posting something thats factual

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I don't mind the "light" OTA, but I really hope Saleh steps it up a notch for training camp.

Last year's camp was pretty soft and had the least number of "full pads" sessions I can remember. Combined with only 3 preseason games, there was a noticable lack of tackling and physicality in the first quarter of the season.

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wasn’t complaining. I just think it’d be an interesting question for Sauce and Garrett Wilson to compare their early Jets practices to practices led by Ryan Day and Luke Fickell

Then they could also ask if theyre ready for the rigors of a 20 game NFL season & practices after camp.  One that makes college ball look like a day at the spa

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I don't mind the "light" OTA, but I really hope Saleh steps it up a notch for training camp.

Last year's camp was pretty soft and had the least number of "full pads" sessions I can remember. Combined with only 3 preseason games, there was a noticable lack of tackling and physicality in the first quarter of the season.

Number of practices in pads are by rule.  Part of the CBA.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When Becton is off the team in a matter of months, he'll be calling him a bust. Like clockwork.

I wonder if Saleh would have the balls to, at least, make Becton run with the second team in camp, like he did with Mims.

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Number of practices in pads are by rule.  Part of the CBA.

My understanding is there is a maximum number of padded practices allowed under the rules. Based on KRL's reports from last year, they were well under that number. It was something he was actively calling out throughout camp.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Then they could also ask if theyre ready for the rigors of a 20 game NFL season & practices after camp.  One that makes college ball look like a day at the spa

These are 20 year old kids.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m asking seriously: were players unhappy last year about Saleh’s practices? I honestly don’t recall. I know @Larz suggested that was the case, but he failed to find the #receipts

A bunch are not a fan of the conditioning coaches. Because they pushed too hard early on last year, causing injuries later on. 
I can’t say about the practices themselves but I’m sure it goes hand in hand. 

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

A bunch are not a fan of the conditioning coaches. Because they pushed too hard early on last year, causing injuries later on. 
I can’t say about the practices themselves but I’m sure it goes hand in hand. 

No ones a fan of their conditioning coach because they coach conditioning. To be fair.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Drums said:

Im sick of people saying that. Also a poster tried using it to say he didn’t take his rehab seriously. I am not trying to imagine anything, especially to hate on our own players. I want proof. And as you pointed out, there doesn’t seem to be any. Thanks for the help 

Also, this is proof the guy is working if he was 400 (not the biggest deal to me if he couldn't walk, probably needs to work harder than others to keep the weight down being such a big dude). 

WTF are you talking about. Read what Becton's nutritionist said.

Are you saying shes wrong?

Blind homers are effing ridiculous.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

My understanding is there is a maximum number of padded practices allowed under the rules. Based on KRL's reports from last year, they were well under that number. It was something he was actively calling out throughout camp.

There weren't any reports claiming they were way under.  Every report was given as with or without pads but no one reported they were well under the max allowed.  

Though Matt repeated it over and over without having been to a single practice 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

These are 20 year old kids.

Yeah, how many 20 year olds are on this team?  2, 3? 😎

What does that have to do with it?  Fowler was a young 20 year old who blew his knee out in 1 practice.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

That’s no missile.  That’s the opposite of a missile. Worst pain in my life!!

I'm prone to salivary stones and they're frickin gross, smelly, and painful. Can't imagine a kidney stone, though. 

• Haha 1

Off day today. OTA starts back up Thursday. 

Their 10 permitted practices will take place on the following dates:

Monday-Tuesday, May 23-24.

Thursday, May 26.

Tuesday-Wednesday, May 31-June 1.

Friday, June 3.

Tuesday-Friday, June 7-10.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jets Things said:

I'm prone to salivary stones and they're frickin gross, smelly, and painful. Can't imagine a kidney stone, though. 

Do you have your tonsils?  One of my sons was getting tonsil stones had them removed and they go away.