Ruckert Signed

8 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The whole TE situation will be interesting to watch in camp.  Right now, it's hard to see Wesco making the team, much less my boy Kenny Yeboah. 

I think one but not both of them will make it as part of the group of four. If Kenny can prove he can block, he has the edge over Wesco by being a better receiving threat/way faster. I thought Wesco would turn out to be a better all around player, but he's been all around meh so far.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The whole TE situation will be interesting to watch in camp.  Right now, it's hard to see Wesco making the team, much less my boy Kenny Yeboah. 

Yeboah will likely be a practice squad candidate.  Hard to see Wesco making the team.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Alka said:

You know, when Ruckert was first drafted, I felt that the Jets made a mistake by drafting a position that is not a need, but when you look after the 2 tight ends we got in free agency, neither Yeboah or Westco has done anything to show that they deserve to make the roster.

I think that Ruckert is now a need, especially if one of the guys we got in free agency gets injured.  And for the future, having Ruckert on this team is a major plus.

I felt Conklin and Uzumoh were just bridge guys until we drafted a stud TE. If it's  Ruckert, so be it. 

TE typically takes a while to acclimate to NFL & produce… it’s good that there is no pressure (except from fans) for Ruckert to do much this year barring injury.

If all goes well, the first half of the season is sort of a red-shirt period, with some sprinkling in later in the year.  

I want to start the year relying on the proven veteran TE weapons we picked up, in order to support Zach’s development.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

I want to start the year relying on the proven veteran TE weapons we picked up, in order to support Zach’s development.

Great point.  Zach will already be relying on 1st and 2nd year wideouts.  Good that he has a couple of experienced TEs in case Ruckert needs time to adjust to the pro game.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Conklin might be our FB/TE/H-back Jyzcheck guy. 

Wesco has no place in the football business, neither does the guy who drafted him.

I like Ruckert, Bauman and Yeboah.  A mistake was made in not trading up with

a future pick and taking Zander Horvath who offers everything that Jyzcheck does

and more

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Sure will be interesting.

But I think the depth chart is all but set in stone: CJ, Conk, Ruckert. The odds of the Jets keeping 4 TEs, even if one is more of a hybrid WR (Cager) or H-back (Wesco) are unlikely. Its MUCH more likely they keep 4 RBs with the 4th being Bawden and use him as more of a traditional FB. Remember, Ruckert was one of the best run blockers in college football, deeming Wesco's skillset unnecessary. 

• Upvote 1