Mekhi Becton admits missing OTA's was why he struggled in training camp and then promises not to miss them again. From 2021 he is missing them again.

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

Nobody on this thread would voluntarily go into work if they just had a newborn especially if they didn’t have to 

If I had a new baby and knew that if I put in a monster year at my job I would have my family set for life I would.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If I had a new baby and knew that if I put in a monster year at my job I would have my family set for life I would.

Doesn't his rookie contract already accomplish that?

Showing up to some voluntary OTAs the week his first child is born will not be the difference between life changing money on his next contract or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe an actual orthopedic doctor (Dr Chao / “Pro Football Doc”, are you here? ?) can weigh in here

Have Becton’s injuries been more “freak” occurrences or are they the sort of things that result from excess weight and/or poor conditioning?

in other words, if any other OL takes that same sort of contact to the back of the knee, do you think it gets dislocated?

as a rookie, Becton would grab his shoulder and leave the game after a run-of-the-mill looking play and you’d watch the replay and not be able to tell that anything had happened 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Maybe an actual orthopedic doctor (Dr Chao / “Pro Football Doc”, are you here? ?) can weigh in here

Have Becton’s injuries been more “freak” occurrences or are they the sort of things that result from excess weight and/or poor conditioning?

in other words, if any other OL takes that same sort of contact to the back of the knee, do you think it gets dislocated?

as a rookie, Becton would grab his shoulder and leave the game after a run-of-the-mill looking play and you’d watch the replay and not be able to tell that anything had happened 

Getting your knee rolled into is going to injure a well conditioned player. 

He had a pec injury which is not generally from weight or conditioning issues. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

No it doesn't.  If he comes in and has an all pro type of year in year 3 at LT and shows up and acts like a team leader he will get a monster second contract with the Jets.  

There are 10's of millions of dollars at stake for him based on this year and next.

and being at OTAs the week his first child was born won't impact that at all. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

and being at OTAs the week his first child was born won't impact that at all. 

He clearly has great ability and was drafted very high because of it.  The big difference between decent and great is a lot about attitude.  After missing a full year he should be chomping at the bit to get back around the team.  It goes to attitude.  If he ultimately plays at an all pro level it won't matter.  If he holds himself back because he just isn't that in to it then this might well be a tell.  TBD...

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He clearly has great ability and was drafted very high because of it.  The big difference between decent and great is a lot about attitude.  After missing a full year he should be chomping at the bit to get back around the team.  It goes to attitude.  If he ultimately plays at an all pro level it won't matter.  If he holds himself back because he just isn't that in to it then this might well be a tell.  TBD...

The Jets need to see him step on a scale. Basically it. If he showed earlier this month and just did that this back and forth wouldn’t be happening.

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets need to see him step on a scale. Basically it. If he showed earlier this month and just did that this back and forth wouldn’t be happening.

They also need video of him walking on to a practice field without a limp if they have any chance of trading him this summer.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/24/2022 at 11:28 AM, Matt39 said:

I will say not having a drivers license has to be a major predraft interview flag lol. 

Yeah I read that one and was like huh. Maybe it is different in other states but here, you get your license. If not people want to know why.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they want that option, they need Becton to appear upright

Lol you hate everyone on this team. its funny watching u do the same thing every year. Trash player after player some before they even play a down…. But wanna hype players like Mike White…. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol you hate everyone on this team. its funny watching u do the same thing every year. Trash player after player some before they even play a down…. But wanna hype players like Mike White…. 

Au contraire. I am a huge Jets fan and I attack any Jets personnel who behaves in a manner that keeps the Jets from winning football games. Think of me as an antibiotic in the Jets bloodstream. I am Jets penicillin, baby.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

How lazy do you have to be to not want to come to Club Med? 

Let me break it down for you. There is bad blood between becton and Saleh. Saleh is too honest with the media it drives me crazy. Saleh tried to motivate becton through the media by running his mouth about becton competing for his job and not giving him cover about the injury. Nobody on the jets had his back or disputed the timeline. They publicly aired dirty laundry. Sometimes that works,but it’s really stupid if you ask me. Saleh is very naïve with the media. 

Who had bectons back ? Who disputed the injury timeline?

Duke Mayweather did 

That’s why he’s there.  

Becton is going to destroy people this year to shut up the haters and doubters 

the only thing up in the air really is if Saleh can repair the relationship. Time will tell. 

Also this is Whites last year in the NFL. Wilson won’t need Flacco after this year so they will go after a new backup 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Let me break it down for you. There is bad blood between becton and Saleh. Saleh is too honest with the media it drives me crazy. Saleh tried to motivate becton through the media by running his mouth about becton competing for his job and not giving him cover about the injury. Nobody on the jets had his back or disputed the timeline. They publicly aired dirty laundry. Sometimes that works,but it’s really stupid if you ask me. Saleh is very naïve with the media. 

Duke Mayweather did 

That’s why he’s there.  

the only thing up in the air really is if Saleh can repair the relationship. Time will tell. 

Also this is Whites last year in the NFL. Wilson won’t need Flacco after this year so they will go after a new backup 

You’re making this sound like it’s saleh’s fault.  All saleh did last season - the entire season - is deflect questions about when or if becton would return and why his return was delayed.  Now becton isn’t practicing with the team for personal reasons.  It still seems unclear if becton will join the team in late july for actual training camp, and saleh’s interviews seemed to convey some desperation in that regard.  

At some point becton is going to have to man up and get with the team and prove he should be relied upon.  If becton is using saleh as the reason and target of his ire, then he’s going to get traded quickly.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, slats said:

They’re not trading Becton before the season. Give it up already. Conn0r was wrong. 

I believe it was Tony Pauline with that rumor. Hughes stood firm on us taking a edge and backup OT in the day 2 or 3… but he was firm we wouldn’t take a corner. And we took sauce. 

either way he isnt getting traded and probably never was. 

13 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Like happy hour at IHOP

61E5B6D7-2C15-454B-822B-DCC3863A9F1A.webp

Holy cow - those are real??? No wonder we have a diabetes and obesity related health crisis in the US. Where's the barf symbol when I need it? I thought those 2000 calorie milk shakes from DQ (?) were the most obscene thing I had ever seen in food, but these are worse. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

Duke Mayweather did 

That’s why he’s there.  

How do you continue tocover for an injury that was a 6-8 weeks and the player misses all year? You can’t anymore. He’s not in shape. He didn’t take his rehab seriously enough. His weight shot up.That’s why Saleh is saying what he’s saying.  Add on he showed up to training camp last year overweight after skipping workouts. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Larz said:

Duke Mayweather did 

That’s why he’s there.  

I like a good conspiracy theory, but this is NEXT LEVEL, Capitán

On 5/23/2022 at 8:58 PM, southparkcpa said:

Ill believe it when i see it.   Becton will underachieve.   Take the money and run.  

That is how I feel as well. Of course, my hope is that I am completely wrong but so far, I am disappointed to say the least with Becton. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Just because you haven't doesn't mean that's true for the Jets. Tin foil hat time.