Mike Westhoff..New Book (probably good, seems to pull no punches, as expected)

8 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So it was better to miss the playoffs by losing to ...........Miami with Pennington at QB ?????  

This leads into what I have been saying. That team that lost to Miami was not a rebuilding team, the goal was not to get to the playoffs and then whatever, it was to go deep into them, to get to an AFCC game. That was a vet team. The fact that you feel well at least we would have gone to the playoffs some how would have made that season better just shows how much the attitude  of fans needs to change. I know the goals this season is not the playoffs,  it is to get Zach's feet under him from the start and the develop of all the rookies and 2nd year players, but that season with Favre, I was hoping for better than just getting to the playoffs.

12 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The Myers thing again?  It's like a mantra for you.  Myers was a mediocre kicker before he came to the Jets and has been a mediocre to bad kicker after the Jets refused to make this bad kicker the highest paid kicker in the NFL after an outlying career year with the Jets.  There's been so much that has gone wrong the past 12 years.  Not signing Myers doesn't even make the list.  

This brings up an interesting question. What is your opinion on Fant?

18 hours ago, bitonti said:

Terry was mediocre 

and it turns out there's a big drop between mediocre and god-awful terrible (idzik) 

Bradway once traded up to #4 overall to draft a bust DT with a degenerative knee (“bone-on-bone”)

Gave up a 1st round pick for Doug Jolley in the same draft the Packers took Aaron Rodgers

Drafted a kicker in round 2(!), Mike Nugent, who wasn’t even good

I could go on

Bradway was downright trashy, just awful

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 5/24/2022 at 7:43 AM, Integrity28 said:

Generally, I think Westhiff was the only half-competent coach across a long stretch of mediocrity. He is over-rated here because he talked tough. JN loves tough-talking men - and yes, every creepy thing this insinuates is intentional.

I love that @T0mShane upvoted this post when he cuddles up to the faux tough talkers more than anyone else here.  

I wonder how Westoff might’ve faired as a head coach, though. Without the cancer, he might’ve gotten a shot. If not on the Jets, somewhere. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

And then we would have been one and done with Chad Noodle Arm in the playoffs yay

Yeah much better to throw a season away than to win the division title and go to the playoffs.  

29 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This leads into what I have been saying. That team that lost to Miami was not a rebuilding team, the goal was not to get to the playoffs and then whatever, it was to go deep into them, to get to an AFCC game. That was a vet team. The fact that you feel well at least we would have gone to the playoffs some how would have made that season better just shows how much the attitude  of fans needs to change. I know the goals this season is not the playoffs,  it is to get Zach's feet under him from the start and the develop of all the rookies and 2nd year players, but that season with Favre, I was hoping for better than just getting to the playoffs.

So, you admit that season was not a success?  Cause around here people look back on it like it was the golden age of Jets football. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2022 at 7:43 AM, Integrity28 said:

Generally, I think Westhiff was the only half-competent coach across a long stretch of mediocrity. He is over-rated here because he talked tough. JN loves tough-talking men - and yes, every creepy thing this insinuates is intentional.

Overrated? His special team units were all above average during his tenure even on the bad Jets teams, so he wasn't just all talk. 

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Bradway once traded up to #4 overall to draft a bust DT with a degenerative knee (“bone-on-bone”)

Gave up a 1st round pick for Doug Jolley in the same draft the Packers took Aaron Rodgers

Drafted a kicker in round 2(!), Mike Nugent, who wasn’t even good

I could go on

Bradway was downright trashy, just awful

Bradway drafted Vilma, Santana Moss, Cotchery, Victor Hobson, Bryan Thomas, Kareem MacKensie etc

he was mediocre. He had some bad drafts too but they weren't all terrible like Idzik and Mac 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, slats said:

I love that @T0mShane upvoted this post when he cuddles up to the faux tough talkers more than anyone else here.  

I wonder how Westoff might’ve faired as a head coach, though. Without the cancer, he might’ve gotten a shot. If not on the Jets, somewhere. 

I’m a sapiosexual, so Gase and Mangini appealed to me.

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Bradway drafted Vilma, Santana Moss, Cotchery, Victor Hobson, Bryan Thomas, Kareem MacKensie etc

he was mediocre. He had some bad drafts too but they weren't all terrible like Idzik and Mac 

Yes who can forget Victor Hobson

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m a sapiosexual, so Gase and Mangini appealed to me.

What’s the word for sexually attracted to people on the spectrum? Because I think that’s a little closer to the truth. 

• Haha 2

Just now, slats said:

What’s the word for sexually attracted to people on the spectrum? Because I think that’s a little closer to the truth. 

This is also true, so it’s not the kneecapping own you think it is, pal. Mayim Bialik forever.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, STLuLu said:

Overrated? His special team units were all above average during his tenure even on the bad Jets teams, so he wasn't just all talk. 

OMG above average special teams? 

He is talked about here like the Vince Lombardi that we never knew we had. He is over-rated on JN. .