Ex Bronco and Current CFL WR Whooped Some United Airlines Kiosk Clerk at Newark Airport This Weekend

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Football dude was throwing flaily big swings, he landed 1 out of like 20. Not sure he deserves credit, given he’s a professional athlete and the other guy is a body double for DJ Khaled.

No question.  Not sure why he went full slap-fight.  lol at the Khaled reference.  Dead on.

Not really giving credit.  (Stupid display by both men.)  More like acknowledgement that he FINALLY saw the opening.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

As someone who over the years has dabbled in martial arts, all I kept thinking was why doesn't the airport guy protect his face?   Nce work by the football dude for finally seeing the vulnerability and taking advantage of it.

I thought he was ducking punches with skill. It was that stationery luggage that gave him trouble. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

As someone who over the years has dabbled in martial arts, all I kept thinking was why doesn't the airport guy protect his face?   Nce work by the football dude for finally seeing the vulnerability and taking advantage of it.

you don't need martial arts to watch this and wonder wtf this dude is doing. you learn that you have to get your hands up to protect yourself at the bus stop in 5th grade.

I'm guessing this guy was just always bigger than everyone else so no one wanted to mess w/him and he never got into an actual fight.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

you don't need martial arts to watch this and wonder wtf this dude is doing. you learn that you have to get your hands up to protect yourself at the bus stop in 5th grade.

I'm guessing this guy was just always bigger than everyone else so no one wanted to mess w/him and he never got into an actual fight.

Totally.  I always laugh when you see fights online where folks have their arms down to the side, facing the opponent in some sort of stare down.  As you said, put your hands up.  Get your body turned to the side.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

What arts have you dabbled in?

19 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The video posted starts with him getting slapped so if that initiated it anything after that is fair game.

The fact that the airport staff aren't screaming and running to get help for the guy says a lot IMO. 

Hmm. I didn't think about that. The one girl who was handling the bags seemed surprised when they started swinging. So that’s likely when the physical altercation started. But she didn't even pick up a phone.

Airport security has the full video no doubt. 

30 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The video posted starts with him getting slapped so if that initiated it anything after that is fair game.

The fact that the airport staff aren't screaming and running to get help for the guy says a lot IMO. 

the airport guy was attacked by the football guy first.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

What arts have you dabbled in?

Sorry for the late reply.  Was doing a bunch of stuff: errands, therapy, kegel exercises, etc.  

A few years of a class which combined Tae Kwon Do and self-defense training my instructor would do for police.  Later, Krav Maga.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Speaking as a very big guy who didn't fight much (nor have to), this could very much be accurate.

• Haha 3