My 'little' idiot just graduated from college....on time and with a job.

Congratulations to you both.  You are a great Dad for raising such a wonderful son.

You both look fantastic in the graduation day photo.  Zach reminds me a bit of a cross between Lee Pace and the Gallagher Brothers from Oasis.  Cool shades.  Props for passing along the good hair gene as well.

Again, sending you both my best wishes.   Hoping your son has a long and successful career in his new job.  My son is 23 and has just completed his third month as a paralegal.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Congratulations to you both.  You are a great Dad for raising such a wonderful son.

You both look fantastic in the graduation day photo.  Zach reminds me a bit of a cross between Lee Pace and the Gallagher Brothers from Oasis.  Cool shades.  Props for passing along the good hair gene as well.

Again, sending you both my best wishes.   Hoping your son has a long and successful career in his new job.  My son is 23 and has just completed his third month as a paralegal.

Thanks, Munch.

As you may know, the 'hair gene' mostly comes from the mother's side.  His future may not be so bright, but at least for now, he's got plenty.  The good news is, even if he gets a little thin up there, who's going to know LOL.

He's starting at Aon next month in NYC in a very cool new unit.  For me, getting him off the payroll will be an absolute joy.  Congrats to your son as well.  It's almost surreal seeing them transition to adulthood (although I think he is still far from a finished product!).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Thanks, Munch.

As you may know, the 'hair gene' mostly comes from the mother's side.  His future may not be so bright, but at least for now, he's got plenty.  The good news is, even if he gets a little thin up there, who's going to know LOL.

He's starting at Aon next month in NYC in a very cool new unit.  For me, getting him off the payroll will be an absolute joy.  Congrats to your son as well.  It's almost surreal seeing them transition to adulthood (although I think he is still far from a finished product!).

Sounds like a great opportunity with Aon.   Yeah, it's a welcome transition when they start to make their own loot.  I'm already planning various cases of wine/spirits I'll be able to afford once my kid leaves the residence.  

And good news on the hair front.  The good or bad hair gene can be passed from either Mom or Dad.  And you're right.  Any of Zach's dates would need a step ladder to note any thinning.  lol

Again, toast yourself for a job well done.

13 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Congrats, must be a proud moment. You got a kid in Tufts, too right? Mom must be pretty smart. ?

Yes, my daughter is a Jumbo, just like me.  

Mom can't be *that* smart.  Look who she married!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Can he play WR? #11 will look great on him!

He's a lefty.  a 6'6" lefty.  I tried for years to give him every bit of training possible to pitch.  He was decent, but didn't love it enough to want to spend years on buses sleeping in cheap motels.  Even the lure of a career as a LOOGY earning a few million per year couldn't draw him in.  Probably for the best but man, that SPARQ score!

As for WR, he can catch, but he isn't going to leave anyone in his dust.  He'd be the kind of WR most of you hate.  The no-separation, jump-up-and-get-it guy.  He would get it more often than not, but after watching this board shred Drake London, I'm gonna say he's not our guy :).

• Sympathy 1