My burning question about Zach…

There has been tons of discussion about Zach, yet I have not seen any discussion about him throwing the ball away more towards the end of the season. My burning question is this: was he mostly making good decisions throwing the ball away because the receivers weren’t open or was it more he wasn’t seeing the open receiver?

I have no concerns about Zach’s work ethic, desire to improve and arm talent. If he made good decisions, then I’m optimistic about him developing into a FQB. If he still didn’t see the open receiver, then unless he makes a dramatic improvement this year he’ll probably bust.

Anyone with access to alt 22 film have an insight into this?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TommyT said:

Nothing to see here, please disperse and return to a subject matter more relevant. Thank you for your time and attention.

Seriously? I thought this is a forum to discuss Jets football. Zach didn’t see open receivers and tried to force throws at the beginning of the season. As long as he is not missing open receivers this is a major step in his development and shows promise for his second season when he has healthy playmakers around him.

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

My burning question about Zach is will watching him inflame my hemmoroids this year the same way it did last year. 

They have medicine for that. Don't be embarrassed to go to the pharmacist and ask for his recommendations on your hemorrhoids situation.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, relief is on the way. Tell you what, if it continues because of Zach, I'll attend to your hemorrhoids personally.

What's the plan, ligation (banding)?  Let me know.  I got a guy who might be able to swing a discount on a gently used ligator.

haemoband-multi-rubber-band-hemorrhoid-a

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

There has been tons of discussion about Zach, yet I have not seen any discussion about him throwing the ball away more towards the end of the season. My burning question is this: was he mostly making good decisions throwing the ball away because the receivers weren’t open or was it more he wasn’t seeing the open receiver?

I have no concerns about Zach’s work ethic, desire to improve and arm talent. If he made good decisions, then I’m optimistic about him developing into a FQB. If he still didn’t see the open receiver, then unless he makes a dramatic improvement this year he’ll probably bust.

Hmmm, I don't remember seeing an open receiver either.

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Throwing the ball away is a good trait why worry be happy

As long as he is throwing the ball away because the receivers weren’t open, I’m very happy and optimistic about Zach’s future. I figure that it was because his receivers at the end of the season weren’t getting open, but I didn’t see any film other than highlights to verify. 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:38 AM, All Gas, No Gase said:

Are you sure those weren’t inaccurate throws to the Go route receiver?

On 5/25/2022 at 12:44 PM, Gastineau Lives said:

I watched it all. Nobody was open.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, slats said:

If you look at the game logs down the stretch, he never had a full compliment of skill guys. Tevin Coleman was his leading RB and Berrios his best receiver for much of that time. And they had no TEs at all. 

crime scene gravy GIF by South Park

The notion that Jets WRs were not open is a myth.  NY Jets WRs in 2021 were open a lot, and consistently ranked amongst the most open in the NFL.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

Berrios was amongst the league leaders in separation (tied for 2nd).  Crowder and Moore were also completely elite.   Corey Davis and Keelan Cole also came in at very respectable numbers (better than AJ Brown, DK Metcalf and Odell Beckham).

If you watch the tape, there are guys that are wide open all over the field.  Zach just misses them b/c he was a 1 read guy last season.  Safeties start to cheat when a QB is incapable of going through his progressions, and well thats what happened.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2022 at 1:08 PM, maury77 said:

My burning question about Zach is will watching him inflame my hemmoroids this year the same way it did last year. 

Hopefully this offseason and the upgrades to the offensive personnel will be forever known as the Preparation H offseason

2 hours ago, Hael said:

The notion that Jets WRs were not open is a myth.  NY Jets WRs in 2021 were open a lot, and consistently ranked amongst the most open in the NFL.

Berrios was amongst the league leaders in separation (tied for 2nd).  Crowder and Moore were also completely elite.   Corey Davis and Keelan Cole also came in at very respectable numbers (better than AJ Brown, DK Metcalf and Odell Beckham).

If you watch the tape, there are guys that are wide open all over the field.  Zach just misses them b/c he was a 1 read guy last season.  Safeties start to cheat when a QB is incapable of going through his progressions, and well thats what happened.

Serious question, is this stat measured when they catch the ball, or every snap?  Because if its when they catch the ball it means when they are getting open they are getting the ball, and if anything Zach wasnt throwing in to tight windows, not that he was completely missing open guys.

3 hours ago, Hael said:

That link is a virus.

• Haha 2

On 5/25/2022 at 12:38 PM, All Gas, No Gase said:

You think Tariq Black was open?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hael said:

If you actually watched the All-22 tape (I don’t believe you did) and thought Braxton Berrios, Corey Davis, Crowder, and Keelan Cole were actually separating better than guys like Brown, Metcalf, and Beckham, I have a bridge to sell you.

Look at the names on the top of that list and tell me you actually believe that they are the true league leaders in separation with a straight face.